Atmosphere

I noticed that most of these clubs that seem to have a very electric atmosphere have three or four guys conducting the crowd. I seem to remember a guy with a Megaphone starting the chants. Why don't we get a few guys together and start something similar.

I don't want to call them cheerleaders but maybe some chant starters.

Like this guy?

dancing%20homer.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky guy, you are. Since I have to fly in to London for any game, my cost comes up to over 400 € per game. Accommodation, airfare, brewskies included. Somehow, I managed 2-3 games per season.

400 Euros from Canada? The flight alone will be more than that and that's not including hotel, food, and tickets. If you wanted to see a couple of gamee (say Spurs and Sunderland at home April 6 and 14th) you're talking about $2,000 just the flight and hotels. You add in food, other transportation, touring, and tickets, and you're talking about $3K for a week and that's without being extravagant .

400 Euros from Canada? The flight alone will be more than that and that's not including hotel, food, and tickets. If you wanted to see a couple of game (say Spurs and Sunderland at home April 6 and 14th) you're talking about $2,000 just the flight and hotels. You add in food, other transportation, touring, and tickets, and you're talking about $3K for a week and that's without being extravagant .

Not from Canada. I am in Central Europe, these days.

As @the only place to be put it in another thread, if you don't like the atmosphere, you can always buy tickets and go. It was a cold Thursday night in a crappy tournament against an uninteresting opposition. The tournament was vastly more important for Bucharest who have no hope in hell of ever winning the CL again but for us, we won the best club trophy in the world last year and we're expected to get excited by a glorified Intertoto Cup?

This is one of the most stupid post I have seen!

How will people outside England go regurlarly to games?

The atmosphere is indeed one huge problem of, not only Chelsea, but of almost every English club and this atitude is ridiculous, blinding yourself to the real problem. It is easier...

The atmosphere is indeed one huge problem of, not only Chelsea, but of almost every English club and this atitude is ridiculous, blinding yourself to the real problem. It is easier...

Not being funny mate, but I've you seen give up on this team after 30 minutes of a match - moaning about fans who might not be as vocal as you like but still turn up week in and week out is a little bit rich.

This is what English football is like at the top level (in fact it's like that in the Championship too sometimes). You might see it as a problem but it's just one of our little foibles. If you don't like it and aren't going to turn up and do something about it then maybe just be quiet.

Not being funny mate, but I've you seen give up on this team after 30 minutes of a match - moaning about fans who might not be as vocal as you like but still turn up week in and week out is a little bit rich.

This is what English football is like at the top level (in fact it's like that in the Championship too sometimes). You might see it as a problem but it's just one of our little foibles. If you don't like it and aren't going to turn up and do something about it then maybe just be quiet.

You are mistaken, I have never done it, so just shut up before saying lies...

LIAR!

Everton away.

WHAT?

Oh I remember, I was complaining about Rafa and how good his lineup was. Then you said to wait until the final whistle and that was what I did. I stuck around and watched the whole fucking game (posting more than anyone else, you can check), then I apologised to you (you can check that as well) for criticizing the dude before the 90min.

To give up is to turn the TV off or something, not to moan about the manager after 30min.

This was one of the most stupid lies someone has ever told me!

Lots of people outside England can go to regular games if you live on continental Europe. Anyway, the expectations of supporters at games is absurd. It's fine to have that screaming at the top of your lungs all the time feeling when you're 15 years old but when you're married with a couple of kids and working 45 hours a week, worried about making ends meet,tired all the time etc...you might like to go to a game with your son, you might like to go to a game with mates as a nice night out. The super-pumped screaming fan all the time stage slows down a lot as real life comes in and you only can get that excited for massive matches. That's why you will always have great atmosphere against Arsenal or Spurs or ManU or in the CL knockout stage, but won't all the time. It's the same with everyone. It's not some massive problem. It's normal.

Lots of people outside England can go to regular games if you live on continental Europe. Anyway, the expectations of supporters at games is absurd. It's fine to have that screaming at the top of your lungs all the time feeling when you're 15 years old but when you're married with a couple of kids and working 45 hours a week, worried about making ends meet,tired all the time etc...you might like to go to a game with your son, you might like to go to a game with mates as a nice night out. The super-pumped screaming fan all the time stage slows down a lot as real life comes in and you only can get that excited for massive matches. That's why you will always have great atmosphere against Arsenal or Spurs or ManU or in the CL knockout stage, but won't all the time. It's the same with everyone. It's not some massive problem. It's normal.

I know, but I have said in several games (like, regular ones) that the atmosphere was great. I never asked for Turkish or Brazilian fans, but I only want a cooler and louder stadium. That game (I believe it was West Brom) after Rafa's rant was pretty darn good, it is something achievable to have that kind of atmosphere in every game. I also get that is really dificult to be bumped up on a cold thursday night, but I never complained about it, did I?

The atmosphere is England is pretty dull and people must stop creating excuses for it. It is not normal to have away fans (and that happens quite often) screaming more than 30k people!

What I did was to reply to your post saying people cant complain or ask for something better if they dont go to games...

Rafa is to blame for hte poor atmosphere.... the crowd hate him. honestly, the last game i saw was against Nords in the champs league that we won easily, yet still so much hatred for Rafa makign the atmosphere fairly negative overall. Which is ok if we are winning, but when we are losing or drawing, it doesnt help.

Also, not many people think about the kids that are there for birthdays and what not. people come from so far away to watch chelsea play and its a really special day to them and the negative atmosphere of recent is ruining it for them.

I remember seeing us play Fulham in the carling cup last season (ET and penalties) was a small game, we played a very weak team, yet the atmosphere wasn't too bad. so I dunno what it is. When we played Shakter and won with a last minute Moses header, the atmosphere was rubbish until moses got that last second header. that was when Torres scored and Oscar scored from 40 odd yards out as well, and it was a pretty poor atmosphere.

I think its how the team is playing, i remember in that shakter game, we played awful, mis placed passes, losing possesion a lot. there was a 5 minute period before half time where mata and hazard linked up so well with some silky skills, that had the crowd going. so i guess the attractiveness of the football influences it.