Calling all TC ladies

DJames

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

@BluesChick I got my jacket!!!! Yay!!!! My brother ordered it for me from Chelsea megastoreUSA. Not sure how expensive it came up too since it was a gift he's not telling. But yay jacket!!!

Oh, how sweet! Your brother is amazing!! I am so glad you finally have one that fits!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Yay a thread for ze ladiez! finally! :dance:

Thanks for making a thread djames! i can't really comment on the shirt sizing thing because i live in asia so it might be different from how it is there. sorry!

Anyway, i read your story about how someone thought you weren't a true chelsea fan, i always get that here (in indonesia) i think mostly because i'm a girl, it really frustrates me sometimes. Oohh i actually have a story i'm quite proud of that i want to share, so here it goes...

This happened about 3 years ago. So at the time I had a cousin stay at my house for a couple of moths due to work he was 22 back then. We live in a nice suburban complex outside the city so the air was fresh and you could actually see mountains from where i live, anyhoo lots of kids aged 7-10 play football in the park (there was a park in the middle of the complex). Everyday at 4 in the afternoon they play, one time my cousin walked pass the kids and they ask him to play with them, he did. When he came home he told us he had fun playing with the kids and that my sister and i should come and join. So the next day, me and my sister walked pass the park pretending to go to someone's house (because we didn't want to seem desperate to play) and when we walked back my cousin was there playing, he called us over and we came. There was this one kid who looked at us strange and smirking thinking the whole y'know "you're a girl you can't play football" thing. When me and my sister started playing i swear the kids jaw was on the floor. It was a nice feeling to prove him wrong and also help him see that gender doesn't really matter. When my sister and i first came to play, we saw their style of play which is to always shoot, i can't really blame them since the indonesian leagues style of play is to shoot first pass second. I'd say that since we taught them to always pass and not be selfish their game has vastly improved and also due to their age by being so young they can absorb things better, just like a sponge. One thing that made my heart melt was when i asked this little boy aged 8 now 6 then "how did you learn how to play?" he answered "by watching you" :wub: awwwww....

But the thing i'm most proud about is helping them open their eyes and mind to new things. 3 years down the line i still play with them on the odd sundays. :D

sorry for the long story.

oh and i think fittest player has GOT to be the Juan and only Mata! i can officialy say that i'm in love with him. :wub:

Thanks for making a thread djames! i can't really comment on the shirt sizing thing because i live in asia so it might be different from how it is there. sorry!

Anyway, i read your story about how someone thought you weren't a true chelsea fan, i always get that here (in indonesia) i think mostly because i'm a girl, it really frustrates me sometimes. Oohh i actually have a story i'm quite proud of that i want to share, so here it goes...

This happened about 3 years ago. So at the time I had a cousin stay at my house for a couple of moths due to work he was 22 back then. We live in a nice suburban complex outside the city so the air was fresh and you could actually see mountains from where i live, anyhoo lots of kids aged 7-10 play football in the park (there was a park in the middle of the complex). Everyday at 4 in the afternoon they play, one time my cousin walked pass the kids and they ask him to play with them, he did. When he came home he told us he had fun playing with the kids and that my sister and i should come and join. So the next day, me and my sister walked pass the park pretending to go to someone's house (because we didn't want to seem desperate to play) and when we walked back my cousin was there playing, he called us over and we came. There was this one kid who looked at us strange and smirking thinking the whole y'know "you're a girl you can't play football" thing. When me and my sister started playing i swear the kids jaw was on the floor. It was a nice feeling to prove him wrong and also help him see that gender doesn't really matter. When my sister and i first came to play, we saw their style of play which is to always shoot, i can't really blame them since the indonesian leagues style of play is to shoot first pass second. I'd say that since we taught them to always pass and not be selfish their game has vastly improved and also due to their age by being so young they can absorb things better, just like a sponge. One thing that made my heart melt was when i asked this little boy aged 8 now 6 then "how did you learn how to play?" he answered "by watching you" :wub: awwwww....

But the thing i'm most proud about is helping them open their eyes and mind to new things. 3 years down the line i still play with them on the odd sundays. :D

oh and i think fittest player has GOT to be the Juan and only Mata! i can officialy say that i'm in love with him. :wub:

I have lived in Indonesia and the national teams style of play is a joke, if you cant get the ball kick the crap out of the opponent.

Good for you though for proving those kids wrong :)

When i talked about football or chelsea there, most of the Indonesians have no idea what they are talking about and just so confident with opinions they pulled out of their asses. I realised people here in TC is very well informed in anything football, well most anyway :)

Btw are you from Jakarta? cant really remember any area close of Jakarta with a mountain view. I wouldnt know though, i was only in Jakarta

Ok time to get this thread kicking :D

Who, in your opinion is the most good looking Chelsea player?

I choose Mata

Mata and Hazard are my favorites but honestly since I am almost 2 decades older then they are... I really don't look at whether the lads are hot or not! They are way too close to my son's age which just feels wrong LOL

There are a few managers that I think are very nice looking (Pep Guardiola) :) most however are not...Rafa is on the not list!

As to the nice looking non-Chelsea man you posted...he is handsome but not my type. :)

Welcome!!!! Yay!!!

That story was totally awesome, don't be sorry at all! And I just love that you were able to inspire that child! It's totally cool that you play as well. I wanted to join my school's team way back when but my mom didn't let me so the only football playing I do is virtual.

Mata is a gem isn't he!

Mata and Hazard are my favorites but honestly since I am almost 2 decades older then they are... I really don't look at whether the lads are hot or not! They are way too close to my son's age which just feels wrong LOL

There are a few managers that I think are very nice looking (Pep Guardiola) :) most however are not...Rafa is on the not list!

As to the nice looking non-Chelsea man you posted...he is handsome but not my type. :)

I feel your pain! That just means you get to choose a past Chelsea player :halo: . Pep is very good looking

I have lived in Indonesia and the national teams style of play is a joke, if you cant get the ball kick the crap out of the opponent.

Good for you though for proving those kids wrong :)

When i talked about football or chelsea there, most of the Indonesians have no idea what they are talking about and just so confident with opinions they pulled out of their asses. I realised people here in TC is very well informed in anything football, well most anyway :)

Btw are you from Jakarta? cant really remember any area close of Jakarta with a mountain view. I wouldnt know though, i was only in Jakarta

Yep true that, but their style of play now has improved...a bit. Most indonesians are man united fans and now the trend has spread into barcelona eventually bayern since they seem to be a new craze, lets just say they vote for the team that's winning. I remember before WC 08 hardly any girls wore football shirts and if you did i guarantee you will get stared at by indonesian "chavs" yes we do have chavs here, especially if you have a name on the back of the shirt they'll just start calling it and hitting on you, i'm like "Yes of course i wore this shirt to get attention from guys like you because you ARE every girls dream" i mean, really?! anyway since WC 08 girls have started to wear football shirts more and more have started wearing them mostly barcelona shirts though because at the time they were unbeatable.

Actually no, i'm from a small town about 45 minute drive outside Jakarta. It's nice here, Jakarta just seems too crowded. How long were you in jakarta? Business trip? You're korean right?

Welcome!!!! Yay!!!

That story was totally awesome, don't be sorry at all! And I just love that you were able to inspire that child! It's totally cool that you play as well. I wanted to join my school's team way back when but my mom didn't let me so the only football playing I do is virtual.

Mata is a gem isn't he!

I feel your pain! That just means you get to choose a past Chelsea player :halo: . Pep is very good looking

Thanks! I'm glad to say that more and more girls are starting to go to soccer schools here.

Yep true that, but their style of play now has improved...a bit. Most indonesians are man united fans and now the trend has spread into barcelona eventually bayern since they seem to be a new craze, lets just say they vote for the team that's winning. I remember before WC 08 hardly any girls wore football shirts and if you did i guarantee you will get stared at by indonesian "chavs" yes we do have chavs here, especially if you have a name on the back of the shirt they'll just start calling it and hitting on you, i'm like "Yes of course i wore this shirt to get attention from guys like you because you ARE every girls dream" i mean, really?! anyway since WC 08 girls have started to wear football shirts more and more have started wearing them mostly barcelona shirts though because at the time they were unbeatable.

Actually no, i'm from a small town about 45 minute drive outside Jakarta. It's nice here, Jakarta just seems too crowded. How long were you in jakarta? Business trip? You're korean right?

Thanks! I'm glad to say that more and more girls are starting to go to soccer schools here.

I was there for a few years for school. My family had business there for a little bit before going to New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is good considering the Luton?Manager I think was bit urgh what she doing there when she first was used back in the day...

I remember her first few matches in the PL, the commentators were having fits because a woman was officiating. So over the ridiculous.

I know there are a lot of women on this forum but I don't really see you guys posting that often. Thought I would make a thread where we can discuss Chelsea and other football related topics . What is it like being a woman supporter for you? A lot of guys often don't see our opinion on the matter as valid....it's either you are watching just to see guys or to get a guy (which is not the case atleast for me) don't get me wrong we have some hot guys on our team I recently had to prove to a new coworker that I'm a true Chelsea fan (he saw my phone case) by naming all the players....I put him to shame, not only did I name our current team, our reserves I also informed him of our next match dates and our last result....he didn't even know what team we were scheduled to play. Usually I wouldn't even dignify such a request with an answer but it was pissing me off. Let's make this space ours the guys of TC haven't been judgmental as far as I have seen to women present on the forum but it would still be cool to discuss issues about Chelsea and football in general. I didn't see a post like this before if there is one I'm sorry I missed it. Anywho....one major issue for me right now is getting Chelsea jerseys to fit. The only store I trust in my country to supply authentic kits never have the woman's cut. The 08/09 Male small is huge on me. This season's male small thankfully fits ok. Hope to hear from you gals soon!!

I had to do that to my uni tutor! He's a Spurs fan but didn't believe that a woman could know so much about football, particularly Chelsea! I also had to name our last 10 managers - which was easy to do! Also about the jerseys - I end up purchasing the mens small one, as i don't like how the woman's fits!