Calling all TC ladies

DJames

I know there are a lot of women on this forum but I don't really see you guys posting that often. Thought I would make a thread where we can discuss Chelsea and other football related topics :D.

What is it like being a woman supporter for you? A lot of guys often don't see our opinion on the matter as valid....it's either you are watching just to see guys or to get a guy (which is not the case atleast for me) don't get me wrong we have some hot guys on our team ^_^

I recently had to prove to a new coworker that I'm a true Chelsea fan (he saw my phone case) by naming all the players....I put him to shame, not only did I name our current team, our reserves I also informed him of our next match dates and our last result....he didn't even know what team we were scheduled to play. Usually I wouldn't even dignify such a request with an answer but it was pissing me off.

Let's make this space ours :) the guys of TC haven't been judgmental as far as I have seen to women present on the forum but it would still be cool to discuss issues about Chelsea and football in general. I didn't see a post like this before if there is one I'm sorry I missed it.

Anywho....one major issue for me right now is getting Chelsea jerseys to fit. The only store I trust in my country to supply authentic kits never have the woman's cut. The 08/09 Male small is huge on me. This season's male small thankfully fits ok.

Hope to hear from you gals soon!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing there are probably 2 reasons why it's hard to get Chelsea shirts to fit if you get mens shirt styles. Anyway as i've already seen males post in this thread i'd like to say that we have some very good female Chelsea posters here and also some great ones in the past too. It's good to chat to women about football and other sports for that matter, especially girls that really know what they're talking about. Just wish i could one day find a girl like that in real life lol.

I'm guessing there are probably 2 reasons why it's hard to get Chelsea shirts to fit if you get mens shirt styles. Anyway as i've already seen males post in this thread i'd like to say that we have some very good female Chelsea posters here and also some great ones in the past too. It's good to chat to women about football and other sports for that matter, especially girls that really know what they're talking about. Just wish i could one day find a girl like that in real life lol.

Get in line, bud! :D

I have to apologize to @DJames, for derailing her thread. I'm sorry. I'll move the off topic posts to the pub.

Gone for a bit and this is what happens to my thread :P . That's ok, thanks for the apology.

:ph34r: Next time you are bored you are welcomed in the kitchen...food > derailing threads :D

DJames

I have been around a long time so most of the guys don't really treat me like a girl most of the time LOL plus I am a lot older than most of them any way. LOL I buy most of my ladies shirts in the US or the UK because that is the only place I can find them but they usually get released weeks after the men's. :)

btw welcome to the boards

Kerry

DJames

I have been around a long time so most of the guys don't really treat me like a girl most of the time LOL plus I am a lot older than most of them any way. LOL I buy most of my ladies shirts in the US or the UK because that is the only place I can find them but they usually get released weeks after the men's. :)

btw welcome to the boards

Kerry

HI!!!

Thank you, glad to be here!

I'm thinking I may have to order them not sure how expensive it's going to be though :/ tried with a jacket the other day and that was coming up to over a grand o_0 I love Chelsea and all but a grand ummm no

I go through the chelseamegastoreusa.com and it usually runs around $90 US if you don't get a players name on it the best time to get it is in the fall (of course or right after a major win when they offer sales)

http://www.chelseamegastoreusa.com/departments-away-kit-chelsea-12-13-women-s-away-soccer-jersey.html

They are expensive but the cut is so much better than feeling like you're wearing a muumuu! It's nice to have our curves accented :)

I go through the chelseamegastoreusa.com and it usually runs around $90 US if you don't get a players name on it the best time to get it is in the fall (of course or right after a major win when they offer sales)

http://www.chelseamegastoreusa.com/departments-away-kit-chelsea-12-13-women-s-away-soccer-jersey.html

They are expensive but the cut is so much better than feeling like you're wearing a muumuu! It's nice to have our curves accented :)

I was thinking of ordering from there next. I used World Soccer shop last time and was shipping international but I will try a skybox from USA Megastore and see how that works.

The store that sells Football merchandise told me that they keep ordering jackets but the order gets cancelled because we are located in the tropics (apparently they think we should not order jackets....still not sure if that is true or a load of nonsense :ph34r: ) hope that does not happen with my order. I am dying for a Chelsea jacket.

Yes! Wearing that huge S sucks I feel weird wearing that jersey.

I don't think people in colder climates understand that when you live in the tropics that you get cold when the weather gets to 20C! They think that is a heat wave! I remember when I moved from the northern US the temperature was a shock but not as bad as the first time I went home in the middle of the winter! My sister was laughing at me because I was constantly cold. I told her that it just doesn't get that cold at home! It is worse now that I live in Shanghai, because it is even warmer here!

I hate wearing shirts that hang straight from my chest to my hips! It makes me look like I am wearing a maternity top! I am not a small and haven't been in many years but if I get a shirt to fit my bust that isn't tapered to the waist then I look like I am pregnant or obese and that is not fun!

Exactly! It seems tropics = hot all the time for many people. It's cold when it rains and we do have AC! I've never experienced winter but I know I would freeze to death! I would be the person wearing their entire wardrobe.

Yes! maternity top or sleeping gown. That "small" reaches my knees. Not fun at all. Makes me even madder when I see other girls wearing Barcelona or Real Madrid women tops! Like really!! They could get their club's T shirt down here but I can't. Chelsea is like Cinderella....no respect geez

It is hard to find Chelsea tops in the US too. Especially women's tops! Actually any women's tops for football clubs. It drives me batty! China is awful for it too, although if I ask for them I bet some how they would find them for me! But that is the way they work here, but the quality is not always the best. I prefer to have my Chelsea Jerseys be the real thing!

That is another issue!! I'm skeptical that half the stuff most of the stores sell here are fake. Now I wouldn't terribly mind to own a fake jersey over a real one because of availability but I have a big problem buying it for authentic price! Plus a lot of stores that sell football apparel sell the last season or 2 seasons before that for the same price as the current season.

There is one store I currently buy from they sell the authentic replica (atleast I think so) but it's a bit pricey. I brought a no name jersey for the same price of a named one :(