Chelsea v Sparta Prague

Jase

@The only place to be, a bit off topic...

Would our fans in London prefer to go to a FA Cup Semi-Final or to a League Cup Final?

League cup final as it is a final, though it depends who we are playing. I.e. An fa semi against arsenal over a league cup final against bradford. But if we are assuming equal teams then the final imo.

I know you asked the only place but i thought offer my opinion lol. :)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The only place to be, a bit off topic...

Would our fans in London prefer to go to a FA Cup Semi-Final or to a League Cup Final?

In my opinion it depends. When we first won the league, the League Cup was this nice thing on the way to achieving something bigger. A statement that you were on the right track. But if it's all you win and you finish in a disappointing spot in the league then it means a little less.

Look at Arsenal. When they lost to Birmingham it became a big deal because it's fun to take the piss out of gooners. But if they'd won it then they'd have 'only won the League Cup'.

To me though, the FA Cup is important no matter what. Cup Final Day is Des Lynam and all-day build-ups. When you walk to Wembley you're (sorta) making the same journey thousands of other football fans have made. The whole thing should be in black and white. A semi is still a great day out as well (unless Craig Burley is somehow involved).

So one season one might mean more than the other. Personally though, the FA Cup is special every time be it third round day or the final.

League cup final as it is a final, though it depends who we are playing. I.e. An fa semi against arsenal over a league cup final against bradford. But if we are assuming equal teams then the final imo.

I know you asked the only place but i thought offer my opinion lol. :)

LOL

Was asking any local tbh. If I wanted only him I would probably PM... :)

I wanted to know because I dont really know how most locals feel about the competition! Most Brazilians dont even have any idea of why League Cup exists, lol.

Anyways, lets just win today with a couple of pretty goals from Oscar! :D

I say it is still a nice cup that as a history since 1971 when it replaced he intercities cup dating from the fifties. The cup is still a 15 kg silver beauty handcrafted in the Bertoni atelier, Milan:-) Winning it would be a welcome extra in this gray season and give us as a team honorous mentioning on our European Palmares. Plus, we would be the team that grabbed two weuropean titles in a row.

I also say this cup is definitely not without honorable winners as well! Juve, Inter, Real, Bayern ...

Not caring about football history is one thing, acknowledging the cups decline another - as is following the logic of our other more pressing affairs in the PL. I respect that opinion.

But hating we are even in it, is quite frankly utterly disrespectful to its history. Also, it oozes hybris. And I mean this in a very Greek way.

I say it is still a nice cup that as a history since 1971 when it replaced he intercities cup dating from the fifties. The cup is still a 15 kg silver beauty handcrafted in the Bertoni atelier, Milan:-) Winning it would be a welcome extra in this gray season and give us as a team honorous mentioning on our European Palmares. Plus, we would be the team that grabbed two weuropean titles in a row.

I also say this cup is definitely not without honorable winners as well! Juve, Inter, Real, Bayern ...

Not caring about football history is one thing, acknowledging the cups decline another - as is following the logic of our other more pressing affairs in the PL. I respect that opinion.

But hating we are even in it, is quite frankly utterly disrespectful to its history. Also, it oozes hybris. And I mean this in a very Greek way.

Finishing third in a European Cup group stage (As European Champions) inevitably getting knocked out and automatically placed into the knockout stages of the Euro Cup is ridiculous. Why is meant to be as some 'reward' in failing out of the group stages of the Champions League and having a direct route to the knockout stages for the Europa League as a side bonus? Stating my opinion in how I hate the fact we are in this competition shows no disrespect to the competition itself, but to other European clubs with lesser prestige who actually managed to work hard to achieve that position and the ambition those clubs and players have in comparison to higher class clubs whos ambition is much greater than the EL

Finishing third in a European Cup group stage (As European Champions) inevitably getting knocked out and automatically placed into the knockout stages of the Euro Cup is ridiculous. Why is meant to be as some 'reward' in failing out of the group stages of the Champions League and having a direct route to the knockout stages for the Europa League as a side bonus? Stating my opinion in how I hate the fact we are in this competition shows no disrespect to the competition itself, but to other European clubs with lesser prestige and actually managed to work hard to achieve that position and the ambition those clubs and players have in comparison to higher class clubs whos ambition is much greater than the EL

Well ok then :-)

Starting to worry this could be a draw :( either us winning 1-0 or 2-1 then conceding something silly (I picture Cahill in my head for some reason) or a bore 0-0.

Shame considering I put quite a bit on us & Ajax winning earlier. Hope I'm completely wrong.

LOL

Was asking any local tbh. If I wanted only him I would probably PM... :)

I wanted to know because I dont really know how most locals feel about the competition! Most Brazilians dont even have any idea of why League Cup exists, lol.

Anyways, lets just win today with a couple of pretty goals from Oscar! :D

The league cup here is a whatever competition until your team wins it then its a great thing. But when you get knocked out its a waste of time. Me and a mate of mine who is a united fan used to do a bet where whichever team got the most points would win. And the point system would go:

1 point - League Cup

2 point - Fa Cup

3 point - Premiership

4 point - Champions league

But i would say FA cup is rated higher than Europa. It is for me due to its history and everything, but others may disagree.