Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

Chelsea interest in Marco Reus would be no surprise. His €25m buyout clause would fit right in with the club's continual quest, and success, to stay on the right side of Financial Fair Play. Reus would surely be attracted to the idea of playing for Chelsea and living in London and for Borussia Dortmund it would provide a destination which wasn't Bayern Munich.

Borussia Dortmund are still fighting hard to get the player to sign a new contract, minus the €25m clause, and are ready to throw more money at that plan - as German clubs look forward to increased TV money. Should that fail then a Reus move outside of the Bundesliga is obviously preferable for them.

Reports over the past couple of days from the British press have said that Jose Mourinho is encouraging Chelsea to kick off talks with Reus' agent, but in Spain last week it was claimed that talks have started. Marca were covering Real Madrid interest in Reus and they explained that Mourinho is the danger man. He, according to the Spanish newspaper, had already been in contact with Volker Struth, who represents Reus.

On top of that, Roman Abramovich was said to be very keen to provide Mourinho with what he wants, having again got more involved in Chelsea transfers to try and help his manager. It all sounds very promising indeed, but the problem is the competition.

Bayern Munich, both the Spanish giants, and the Premier League's great and good have all been linked. It looks like Reus literally has his pick.

@Sport_Witness

interesting piece of reading

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, he has to come

1 - Barcelona can't sign anyone, and wouldn't be able to guarantee him first team football

2 - Real Madrid won't sign him as they don't need him

3 - He won't go to Bayern, his agent has already denied him going there.

We're the only side left for him, bar maybe PSG, but he'd much rather come here i'd hope.

Get it done Jose!

Any top footballer in their right mind and wants to stay competitive wouldn't move to PSG...unless of course if they want a big fat paycheck every week and 'retire' by winning trophies easily.

With Jose confirmed that Cech rumour are not true, it is safe to assume all rumour related with Reus from Metro, Daily Star and Daily Express are false too.

Need a credible sources one, before we get our hope too high. Until now, it is still a wishlist only.

Reading articles that a Schurrle + 20£ bid for Reus… hahah, who the hell can write something like that? its 19£m OR Schurrle!

in January we will come with a contract offer to Reus, like other clubs.. If he don't pick us, then fuck him ;) all clubs gonna pay his 19£m clause, not a pound more if they don't want him in january.. I believe Reus want to finish the season with Dortmund cause he loves the club.

DOnt get your hopes up with Reus..

The german players are playing it perfectly. Playing together so their national team will improve...

Not like England...

Spain did the same thing..

Reus is either madrid or munich or united... Dont think barca is a team that fits him.

Arsenal is a longshot and chelsea is a even longer shot.

The german players are playing it perfectly. Playing together so their national team will improve...

Not like England...

Reus is either madrid or munich or united... Dont think barca is a team that fits him.

Why United over us? He wants to compete, and considering he lost in a CL final, I suspect he is dying to win that. We have a better chance of winning that than United. And here he has a starting spot.

Not like England...

We have more chance of signing him than Real imo. Real already have Ronaldo, James and Bale. Unless one of them leave which is not going to happen within the next year, he will not go there.

Like I have said before that is your opinion as well. At least state you believe rather than sounding assertive over everyone. I reckon he would fit Arsenal very well but rumours say he does not want to go there but yet again, rumours. I don't see why United have more chance than us. Yes, he will be more of a star because they would need to rely on him etc and we got Hazard, a star player already but until we hear Reus speak I would not say anyone else has a better chance than us of signing him.

I still reckon Bayern will sign him but that is just my opinion. Only Reus knows himself what he will do tbh.

Not like England...

This post makes zero sense. All you've done is dismiss Chelsea with a bunch of random statements... First you say Reus, being German, is destined to play with his German teammates. Then you say he's going to Madrid(Two Germans, one who is likely out), Munich or Utd(zero germans and not really a pressing need) Arsenal a long shot(with 4 Germans...)

And little chance for Chelsea based on what exactly?

Is there logic attached to this post that is hidden between the lines here? Chelsea have a tremendous shot at Reus! We can pay him a King's Random(which most players and agents crave) we have the best manager in the world to help him realize his full potential, we have Champions league football guaranteed for the foreseeable future, we have a great young core to grow with, he will play loads, and also gain more exposure than most teams in the world. What reasons are you presenting for me to think this isn't something he's interested in?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You