Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Ba deserves nothing!

He may be a good/decent player, but Chelsea cannot, must not, wait to see if Ba makes the cut.

That's why we have a bunch of well-paid coaches who crunch numbers, watch our players every day in practice, and can judge the players way better than we. IMO Ba is nowhere near Chelsea's quality; not based on the number of goals he's score (or didn't), but his technical ability or the lack thereof.

I'd rather give Lukaku games than waste time with Ba.

You misunderstood me. The reason I didn't even mention Lukaku in my post is because for me it's obvious he should be the number two striker if Rooney comes and number one if we don't get anyone new.

I was merely comparing our misfiring strkers Ba and Torres because some people still believe Torres will come good while the same people think Ba is nowhere near good enough and should be gotten rid of immediately. From these two guys it shouldn't even be a contest and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone could still prefer Torres to Ba. If we get Rooney, we'd have him and Lukaku as our two main forwards and probably one of Torres/Ba as a third one because I honestly can't see us getting rid of both our strikers from last season. Not by any means was I suggesting we should stick with Ba through thick and thin like we have with a certain £50m Spaniard but as a second / third choice striker I would much rather have Ba than Torres if at all possible.

You misunderstood me. The reason I didn't even mention Lukaku in my post is because for me it's obvious he should be the number two striker if Rooney comes and number one if we don't get anyone new.

I was merely comparing our misfiring strkers Ba and Torres because some people still believe Torres will come good while the same people think Ba is nowhere near good enough and should be gotten rid of immediately. From these two guys it shouldn't even be a contest and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone could still prefer Torres to Ba. If we get Rooney, we'd have him and Lukaku as our two main forwards and probably one of Torres/Ba as a third one because I honestly can't see us getting rid of both our strikers from last season. Not by any means was I suggesting we should stick with Ba through thick and thin like we have with a certain £50m Spaniard but as a second / third choice striker I would much rather have Ba than Torres if at all possible.

No, I understood you point. I just consider Ba an awful player and that's the reason I think Torres is better; Torres is not an awful player, even now. Torres is an awful player if you consider his wages, expectation, and fee. However, as an alternative, he's quite interesting.

I just look a their technical ability and really don't see enough in Ba's play to justify him as a Chelsea player. He's got a poor first touch, can't turn, isn't strong enough (goes to the ground way to often for a guy of his build), isn't quick enough, can't link up play. Scoring goals, which he also hasn't been able to do, is just part of the deal for a top team. We cannot afford having a pole in the box these days.

Again I compare Ba to our opponent's options and I'd rather have any one of them over Ba.

Edit: I guess I'd also take most of them over Torres too. Oh well.

Translation: another leach on wages way above what any other club would offer him...

He will never leave.

Wow. Have you ever considered that maybe he wants to stay at a club he's only been at for 6 months?

Wow. Have you ever considered that maybe he wants to stay at a club he's only been at for 6 months?

Sure did.

Still think he will not play much -- both Torres and Lukaku will play more even if we don't sign anyone -- and he will still be quite content come next transfer window.

• 3 weeks later...

Roma director, Walter Sabatini will fly to London to negotiate a deal with Chelsea for Demba Ba [Tuttomercato].

AS Roma Sporting Dir. Walter Sabatini will meet with #CFC officials in the coming hours to discuss the possibility of signing Demba Ba (TMW)

How exactly did you conclude that? :blink:

From Jose's words after the Hull match, we certainly will sign another striker by the end of transfer window. Seems Jose has some faith on Torres. Lukaku for sure. No way we will have 4 striker for one spot this season. That will leave Ba as the one to be sacrificed.