Fernando Torres

I think that Drogba will leave in the end of this season.

I don't think he will and I hope he doesn't.

The problem this season has been we have not had enough forwards and competition for places. If he leaves we're left with Torres, Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge.

Anelka is getting worse every game, Kalou is we all know not that good and Sturridge is not trusted. Torres is very injury prone.

If Drogba leaves we would have to buy another striker because the last 5 months have shown 4 forwards is simply not enough. And I don't think after spending £50m on one player we will buy another striker in the summer. Drogba has one year left on his contract so will be made to see it out and rightly so. He can still give a lot if he plays 30 games next season and gets enough rest with rotation.

This summer we have to improve our midfield and that is mainly in the wide areas. I think Zhirkov is gone and that will be the major change. The summer is going to be quiet with maybe 1 or 2 new players maxium arriving.

What a day !

Though anybody else feel a bit :blink: about it all ? we have to go from not liking the guy to suddenly singing his praises , its a great transfer and he is a great player i just need time to adjust to the idea of him. A few goals against the dippers should help though :whistling:

I agree with those of you saying Drogba's gone next year but not because he can't play with Torres. I think they'll be fine together. I think he'll leave simply for business sake. That will be the last opportunity to get some cash for him while also "passing the torch" to Torres. If there's nobody willing to drop a few million for him then he stays and plays out his contract and walks out the front door after next season. Either way, I think next season will be either no Drogs or a diminished role for him and Torres being the main focus (pray he stays healthy).

Compare this picture to the one of him training at Melwood on Sunday.

0,,10268~9383649,00.jpg

Full story: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2282230,00.html

Fernando Torres completed his first training session as a Chelsea player on Tuesday, and admitted he can't wait to meet his new team-mates.

The Spaniard, who signed on transfer deadline day, trained alone with fitness coach Chris Jones at Cobham, before taking a tour of the world-class facilities at our training base.

'It has been a good first day, a happy day meeting everyone at the building,' he told the official Chelsea website afterwards. 'Everyone has been very kind and very nice with me, helping with everything, but it's a big mess for me remembering all the names, but it's nice to see that people are trying to help me!

Torres did a 45-minute session on the Academy match pitch, and was watched from inside the building by most of the scholars, and even a few of the staff, keen to see the World Cup winner put through his paces.

'The Academy players looked very happy to have me here and I'm very proud to be here,' he smiled. 'It is nice to come back to work after some tough days and move a little bit, so now I am prepared for tomorrow's training and in two days when all the team-mates will be here preparing for the next game.

'I'm looking forward to seeing the game against Sunderland tonight, hopefully we can win, and then I can meet all my team-mates, train with them and be involved in the routine of the team.'

*Fixed*

Torres will follow Peter Osgood in wearing #9.

010268908968800.jpg

Fingers crossed mate. Marca's article about the deal spoke about Tambling, Osgood, Dixon and Hasselbaink previously wearing it. Hopefully Nando can join that list over the next 5 and a half years.

Probably first number nine fit to wear it since June 2004, Jimmy.