Fernando Torres

He has been so embarrassingly poor. He can do nothing at all. His pace is that of a snail. Even if he has five seconds to get a shot off he can't because he is too slow. He has one on one chances with the keeper where he waits and waits and finally just loses the ball. This has become the norm for him. I was so excited when he came here. Nothing short of an colossal disappointment. This team has so much potential with a proper striker.

Think of all the top teams in Europe. Teams like Madrid, Barca, Utd, City, Juve etc.

Would Torres start for them? Of course he wouldn't. He wouldn't even make their bench. But yet he's our number 1 striker and has started every single game this season.

The club is letting itself down by letting this nightmare continue.

The club is paying somebody who is so poor at his job 185k per week. Normal fans are struggling to pay for tickets and we have this guy earning that much.

Think of all the top teams in Europe. Teams like Madrid, Barca, Utd, City, Juve etc.

Would Torres start for them? Of course he wouldn't. He wouldn't even make their bench. But yet he's our number 1 striker and has started every single game this season.

The club is letting itself down by letting this nightmare continue.

The club is paying somebody who is so poor at his job 185k per week. Normal fans are struggling to pay for tickets and we have this guy earning that much.

Don't be so hasty to attack the board. Yes, it was a mistake bringing him here for 50m at the time but it's easy to say that now. I can't remember a single Chelsea fan complaining back in the day. If he came here and produced what we expected him too, it would have been a good transfer. Who is to blame for that? Certainly not the board, but Torres himself. I applaud the board for wanting to spend that insane amount of money for a player because only a very few clubs in the world would do that.

Torres is the one playing games and he is the one who needs to deal with the pressure. Not fans, not coaches and not the board.

You complain he is still at the club? It's the right move if you ask me. You don't go and spend 50million for a player and when he struggles you just dump him like a broken toy. You try to help him and fix him and even if you can't fix him, you try to make him at least work so you can sell him and get some of your money back. We tried that and with the players like Hazard, Mata and Oscar at the club, there is absolutely no excuse anymore for his mediocre games. What can the club do now? We certainly can't bring another player until January comes so we gotta stick by our current strikeforce and hopefully survive in all competitions with Torres.

Besides all that, we did try to bring another striker in the last transfer window. Cavani almost came and we sent bids for Hulk and Schurrle meaning we wanted to bring another player.

Just wanted to add my voice to those saying that his performance was absolutely dreadful.

The Kalou analogy has ringed true to my ears for some time now as far as his on the ball play is concerned but now his off the ball play is proving to be even worse and at times slower than what you'd expect from any PL quality striker.

I settled with the fact that we are truly stuck with him a long time ago and Sturridge's contract situation isn't helping but surely if he continues to be detrimental to our season in important games things must change.

It did not stop us giving Sheva on loan to Milan and loosing a 30 million investment - Sheva during his time here showed to me far more than Torres has done to warrant the type of support Torres is getting.

Fact is we had Sturridge fit for our first 8 games this season and he played a total of 10 minutes up top. RdM deserves as much stick as Torres is getting for not trying any alternatives, now Torres is starting to cost us games, he has missed around eight one on one chances. He doesn't get into goal scoring positions ahead of defenders and whenever he is inside the box he hesitates. He can't deal with the pressure being at CFC, yet he is the first name on the team sheet. He got an automatic first choice spot while not earning it. Never been booed by our Fans, always supported far more by them than even club legends or youngsters. He was outscored last 2 years by Daniel yet it's still Sturridge who needs to prove himself in 20 minutes while we are chasing a game and our entire squad is under performing.

Well said. :clap:

It did not stop us giving Sheva on loan to Milan and loosing a 30 million investment - Sheva during his time here showed to me far more than Torres has done to warrant the type of support Torres is getting.

Fact is we had Sturridge fit for our first 8 games this season and he played a total of 10 minutes up top. RdM deserves as much stick as Torres is getting for not trying any alternatives, now Torres is starting to cost us games, he has missed around eight one on one chances. He doesn't get into goal scoring positions ahead of defenders and whenever he is inside the box he hesitates. He can't deal with the pressure being at CFC, yet he is the first name on the team sheet. He got an automatic first choice spot while not earning it. Never been booed by our Fans, always supported far more by them than even club legends or youngsters. He was outscored last 2 years by Daniel yet it's still Sturridge who needs to prove himself in 20 minutes while we are chasing a game and our entire squad is under performing.

this is the best comment i ve read on talk chelsea.

Well that's it! I've had enough of Torres! Ffuk him off in January! Not only because of he's piss poor performance, but because he has no heart for this club and couldn't give a shit if Chelsea wins or loses, he's all for himeself.

I've tried to like him, but I just know his heart isn't in it for Chelsea. he's even admitted it. Now ffuk off!

Don't be so hasty to attack the board. Yes, it was a mistake bringing him here for 50m at the time but it's easy to say that now. I can't remember a single Chelsea fan complaining back in the day. If he came here and produced what we expected him too, it would have been a good transfer. Who is to blame for that? Certainly not the board, but Torres himself. I applaud the board for wanting to spend that insane amount of money for a player because only a very few clubs in the world would do that.

Torres is the one playing games and he is the one who needs to deal with the pressure. Not fans, not coaches and not the board.

You complain he is still at the club? It's the right move if you ask me. You don't go and spend 50million for a player and when he struggles you just dump him like a broken toy. You try to help him and fix him and even if you can't fix him, you try to make him at least work so you can sell him and get some of your money back. We tried that and with the players like Hazard, Mata and Oscar at the club, there is absolutely no excuse anymore for his mediocre games. What can the club do now? We certainly can't bring another player until January comes so we gotta stick by our current strikeforce and hopefully survive in all competitions with Torres.

Besides all that, we did try to bring another striker in the last transfer window. Cavani almost came and we sent bids for Hulk and Schurrle meaning we wanted to bring another player.

Ofcourse fan's were excited at the time, he had a poor six months at Liverpool but the general consensus was he needed a new challenge.

Maybe we should not have "dumped" him but making a player who has been poor for 2 years number one forward was never going to end well. We should have brought Cavani in and if Torres really wants to prove himself battle Cavani and do to him what Drogba did to Sheva. Not only that but he clearly (judging by his reaction when he got subbed at QPR) thinks he has a define right to be number one forward and it makes me sick, Robbie had to sit with him for an hour on the plane home from Munich (where he should have been celebrating being a European Cup manager) to convince him to stay i mean seriously? Torres should have been on his knees begging Robbie not to flog him, yet he goes and moan's about not playing the biggest game in the club's history ahead of Didier.

Torres should not be number 1 forward at this club, previous forwards have had to earn that role, yet he gets it by reputation, price tag and throwing a sulk. If we were going to base it on performances on the pitch then Danny deserves it more, infact Kalou deserved to stay and get that role more than Torres deserves it.

He has had good games this season and look back to the Arsenal and Nord dates i was the first one to credit his performance's, but he is not good enough to be anything other than a squad player, something which is impossible due to his ego and price tag, so i think its best to say to Fernando goodbye, i wish him the best where ever he ends up but Torres and Chelsea is a match made in hell, period.

Why not blame the board? They're the ones who sanctioned the move.

When the transfer was made Torres was average at best and coming back from a serious knee injury/operation. If you're going to spend 50m on a player you have be 100% confident that he is at his peak, is able to perform immediately and is the best available. Was Torres any of those things when we got him? Not even close.

The transfer was ill-advised and has proven to be a monumental waste of resources. How can you applaud the club for wasting so much money? If we bought Andy Carroll for 50m would you still be applauding? Simply spending money means nothing if you're buying terrible players. Oh and I think you'll find there were many fans who didn't want him here.

How can you try to help somebody who is devoid of any talent? Everybody wanted guys like Kalou and Bosingwa gone but we're supposed to give Torres all the care and support in the world? Why? Pound for pound he is worse than them by a HUGE distance.

slow-clap-gif.gif

I fully agree with you on the Sturridge situation, but Torres was actually doing alright when he was given a chance at the beginning of this season so Robbie probably got his hopes up. What makes you think we didn't try loaning Torres? Perhaps nobody wanted him? Or perhaps we wanted to sell him, but since we failed in our pursuit of a striker we decided to keep him until we find a replacement.

As I said, I agree with Sturridge situation, but it wasn't my point, it's RDM who picks the team.

I can ask you this though. Is it better for our 2 young strikers, Sturridge and Lukaku that we have only Torres now who is evidently shit or if we had someone like Cavani who we payed a massive sum?

Ofcourse fan's were excited at the time, he had a poor six months at Liverpool but the general consensus was he needed a new challenge.

Maybe we should not have "dumped" him but making a player who has been poor for 2 years number one forward was never going to end well. We should have brought Cavani in and if Torres really wants to prove himself battle Cavani and do to him what Drogba did to Sheva. Not only that but he clearly (judging by his reaction when he got subbed at QPR) thinks he has a define right to be number one forward and it makes me sick, Robbie had to sit with him for an hour on the plane home from Munich (where he should have been celebrating being a European Cup manager) to convince him to stay i mean seriously? Torres should have been on his knees begging Robbie not to flog him, yet he goes and moan's about not playing the biggest game in the club's history ahead of Didier.

Torres should not be number 1 forward at this club, previous forwards have had to earn that role, yet he gets it by reputation, price tag and throwing a sulk. If we were going to base it on performances on the pitch then Danny deserves it more, infact Kalou deserved to stay and get that role more than Torres deserves it.

He has had good games this season and look back to the Arsenal and Nord dates i was the first one to credit his performance's, but he is not good enough to be anything other than a squad player, something which is impossible due to his ego and price tag, so i think its best to say to Fernando goodbye, i wish him the best where ever he ends up but Torres and Chelsea is a match made in hell, period.

First thing, yes, Torres' transfer wasn't the ideal one, but as I said, I'm happy to support a club that can pay 50 million pounds for a football player.

You say we should have brought Cavani. Well we tried, but we couldn't do it just as I wrote in my post. And you attack me with things I haven't mentioned like Torres sulking and earning a spot by reputation. Yeah, he's done it, but my initial point was defending the board and since we have reports of them making bids or approaches for Cavani, Schurrle, Hulk and Lewandowski it shows they wanted backup or a replacement. I'm not saying our board is the best in the world blah blah blah, but they done decent in this situation.

Sometimes it's really ugly to see some spoiled fans' posts. They want this player, that player...one player doesn't perform, they want to dump him and replace him with a new one...sometimes they see a player doing well somewhere and right away they want him at the club. We have 2 great young strikers in Sturridge and Lukaku yet we want to bring another high money one.

Why not blame the board? They're the ones who sanctioned the move.

When the transfer was made Torres was average at best and coming back from a serious knee injury/operation. If you're going to spend 50m on a player you have be 100% confident that he is at his peak, is able to perform immediately and is the best available. Was Torres any of those things when we got him? Not even close.

The transfer was ill-advised and has proven to be a monumental waste of resources. How can you applaud the club for wasting so much money? If we bought Andy Carroll for 50m would you still be applauding? Simply spending money means nothing if you're buying terrible players. Oh and I think you'll find there were many fans who didn't want him here.

How can you try to help somebody who is devoid of any talent? Everybody wanted guys like Kalou and Bosingwa gone but we're supposed to give Torres all the care and support in the world? Why? Pound for pound he is worse than them by a HUGE distance.

I haven't said his transfer was ideal. We should have never got him in the first place. Falcao was at Porto, Suarez still at Ajax and Cavani wasn't priced as much as he is now. What I did say is that I am happy to support a club that can and will pay 50 million pounds for a football player it believes will benefit the squad. I don't think anyone in the world of football expected Torres to end up this bad.

He is devoid of talent? Bollocks...

I defended Kalou for his time here and was attacked for that a lot, but I defended him because he was a Chelsea player and someone who always worked hard for the team. He did his part for us and when he was leaving I thanked him for his time here and wished him good luck. Way others treat our players really has nothing to do with me or the board which was the point of my post.

We gave a lot of support to Torres, lots of it undeserved indeed and that speaks of us as fans. We supported him through thick and thin because he was a Chelsea player. I see your frustrations when it comes to Torres and the fanboys/fangirls he has, but it has nothing to do with me or the board again. I simply ignore their posts or laugh at them...

He can't come out and say ,,Chelsea fans didn't show me enough support" or ,,They have put too much pressure on me". All he can say is a massive thanks to the fans, and again, I am proud of that.

The worst transfer in the history of football as far as I'm concerned.

The only saving grace for me is Liverpool spent that money on Carroll and Henderson. God if they spent that money of Aguero or Falcao :fainthv9:

@Sh0n3x I wasn't attacking you and what you are saying with fans spoilt wanting this player and that in a way i agree with but with such an ambitious owner it's not unrealistic that Falcao or Cavani could be Chelsea players but even so, would a cheapish new forward (not them 2) who contribute more than Torres and get more goals be hard to find, there's surely another Hernandez out there who will stand in the box and wait for the ball to hit him in the arse.