UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

So Gourlay has confirmed Courtois CAN play against Chelsea

Alright then. Going to be fun.

I was kinda hoping they fight this in court, but it's not really worth it. Just get on with the game!

I think its 50-50, better than drawing Real or Bayern, which in both away games against them i could have saw us losing 3-0, 3-1 or something like that. Atletico are similar to us, its not always easy for them to score goals and they are dangerous mostly on the counter. We'll sit very deep to get a 0-0 and i think we could with the defense we have all season.

Mixed feelings about this draw. Especially with all the drama surrounding Courtois. Legally UEFA's statement shouldn't matter much, Chelsea can take it into civil courts who will allow the clause, no doubt. Contract is a contract. Nothing to do with UEFA. Happy to avoid Bayern and Madrid because they do have players who can change the game in a second out of nothing but the prospect of facing physical and very motivated Atletico isn't much better. However this spans out, I'm confident we'll make it into the final, no doubt in my mind.

You cannot take UEFA to a civil court. Its against their rules to do that and they can and will exclude Chelsea and maybe even all other english clubs for next year European football if we do.

You cannot take UEFA to a civil court. Its against their rules to do that and they can and will exclude Chelsea and maybe even all other english clubs for next year European football if we do.

Chelsea's transfer ban was taken to International Court of Arbitration. They overruled any UEFA's decision.

Sure he meant we could take Atletico to civil court for reneging on a contract, not UEFA. This assumes the contract is valid and the clubs are happy to lose any semblence of goodwill.