Leif

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^

I bet that if they had given him a fake pill, he would would still improve 90% of what the actual pill made him do.

It's called a placebo, Darren Brown carried out an experiment by doing exactly that. He gave a number of people the fake pill informing them that it would tackle the physical or mental problem they had. He chose 4 in particular and put them in situations where they would come face to face with either an innate fear or habit. Funny enough they all overcame there problems even though it was just a fake pill. Ultimately proving that the brain is a very powerful tool and if you can convince it enough that something is real, the possibilities are endless.

I am 1.79 and have only 60kg, but Im planning to gain weight. Soo...i wil take excercises every day, use mass gainer and eat at least twice more as I do now. About 1l of milk, Three bananas, chocolate, regular lunch (pasta, chicke,...), breakfast, dinner (eggs, bread, pasta,...), 40g of proteins after workout. Eat every three hours and workout once per day (1 hour).

Will this actualy help and how much (approximately) will I gain per month? I plan to do this for next 5/6 months at least...

Not posted in here for a while. Still hit the gym, just can't really be bothered taking protein shakes now but I'll probably start taking them again nearer the summer I reckon when I am able to concentrate for a larger chunk of time on my physical health rather than right now with school and exams and all that coming up. I know since the last time I posted in here I am able to do much more in the gym in terms of weights so I suppose thats a plus.

I am 1.79 and have only 60kg, but Im planning to gain weight. Soo...i wil take excercises every day, use mass gainer and eat at least twice more as I do now. About 1l of milk, Three bananas, chocolate, regular lunch (pasta, chicke,...), breakfast, dinner (eggs, bread, pasta,...), 40g of proteins after workout. Eat every three hours and workout once per day (1 hour).

Will this actualy help and how much (approximately) will I gain per month? I plan to do this for next 5/6 months at least...

I don't know you personally so I cant give exact information, but lets say you're ectomorph and hopefully a bit of mesomorph. Also how old are you?

Now eating a lot will make you gain weight, but mostly it's fat. So ask yourself what is your goal. If it is to pack on some muscle and gain weight by doing that then we are talking about years to get a good increase of body mass through clean bulk. What kind of workouts do you do? Are they intense etc? If you over do it, you'll get over-trained (overtraining symptoms are weakness,dizziness, aching joints/musles, feeling hot all the time, INSOMNIA, drop in performance etc...) It means you'll actually do more harm than good, you will get smaller, weaker etc bcs your body does not have enough time to recover, especially when one is just starting to work out. Now eating mass gainers and proteins aren't steroids that make you buff just like that. They are just nutrients and vital biological structural components for you body to recuperate and build. When it comes to supplements, the rule 'the more I eat them the bigger I get' does not apply. Your body will use as much as it can but excessive intake will just be taken out of your organism. Im not going to say it will DAMAGE anything in your body but your kidneys and adrenal glands take a not needed pounding.

Every good thing takes time so don't expect miracles. When you accept that and set goals for yourself, it all will start coming together. It's great that you're trying to change your lifestyle and I can guarantee that once you achieve your goal, it will be amazing, so keep working hard, but smart - less is more. I like the fact that you mention that you have planned atleast 6 months ahead, shows you mean it and have dedication - truth be told, that's the only way you will get changes, it wont come overnight. On a more positive note, first 'gains' usually come very fast so that will hopefully keep you motivated. Keep it up, mate.

About your question regarding weight gain - every cal of energy you eat and don't use, will be stored as fat. So if you're gaining shitloads of weight in the first month, then something is wrong. Then just adjust your food intake and keep finding that perfect balance. In theory you only need like 100-200 excessive calories than you use to gain weight. I guess gaining between 1-2 kgs (about 2-4lbs) a month is a good and healthy way to gain weight without becoming fat in the process. Depends on the person, their metabolism and well.. frame that they want to fill. A few extra kgs will not be so visible on a 7ft person than on a 5ft person. Far fetched comparison but hopefully will help to make my point.

PS. I would suggest dividing that 40 grams of protein in half and consume it in 2 separate portions. Makes more sense, bcs your eating habits are OK, so you will get a lot of you needed protein anyway from your food so a lot of that 40g would go to waste. Keeps the so called protein spike stable in your body. Other than that, you're eating like a beast, hopefully this all works out for you, because in the end of the day, you know your body best. :D

Best wishes,

SinineUltra

Good to know, thanks. It's just because some of my friends told me that I won't gain more than 3lb per month if I don't take protein powder.

I've been exercising for 2 months now, 5 days a week. I'm not following a certain diet though. I try to eat as much protein/carbs as I can. 5 or 4 medium-sized meals a day (which include fruits and vegetables) and I rarely eat the bad stuff like fried food.

3lb month! Dream on - even with Steroids and EVERY protein powder thats impossible...!!!!

As for people saying protein powder is bad... Sigh, my missus always complains - it's more convenient than eating 50 chickens a day!

Also - no matter HOW much protein you eat - it will turn to fat if you dont have the right AMINO ACIDS to metabolise the protein into 'repair' tissue... Protein without Amino Acids = car without wheels...

Some of my best mates are bodybuilding champions - some natural, some not ;) - but it all comes down to 6+ meals a day, keeping the carbs right and lots of protein and amino acids...

Also - vary up your lifting routine, it's better to 'under-train' than 'over-train' - and also throw in negative failure - really good for 'shocking' the muscle... e.g. On a bench press - push up really fast, and then come down REALLY slowly! Burns like a bastard :)

Oh and don't forget Vitamin E + D - if you're doing weights, you're stressing your body's nervous system, so plenty of vitamins to help keep it in good shape and at least 1000mg Vitamin C daily ;)

3lb month! Dream on - even with Steroids and EVERY protein powder thats impossible...!!!!

As for people saying protein powder is bad... Sigh, my missus always complains - it's more convenient than eating 50 chickens a day!

Also - no matter HOW much protein you eat - it will turn to fat if you dont have the right AMINO ACIDS to metabolise the protein into 'repair' tissue... Protein without Amino Acids = car without wheels...

Some of my best mates are bodybuilding champions - some natural, some not ;) - but it all comes down to 6+ meals a day, keeping the carbs right and lots of protein and amino acids...

Also - vary up your lifting routine, it's better to 'under-train' than 'over-train' - and also throw in negative failure - really good for 'shocking' the muscle... e.g. On a bench press - push up really fast, and then come down REALLY slowly! Burns like a bastard :)

Oh and don't forget Vitamin E + D - if you're doing weights, you're stressing your body's nervous system, so plenty of vitamins to help keep it in good shape and at least 1000mg Vitamin C daily ;)

Good post, mate! +1

If they meant 3 lbs of pure muscle than that impossible yes. But 3 lbs a month as total weight gain is quite achievable if you dont expect to be a bodybuilder with super low fat %. Definitely agree on the workout part, mixing it up will help you overcome the plateaus. If it feels strange to eat all sorts of capsules and supplements, making you feel like an old person, then just eating fruits (lemon for C vitamin etc) will do the trick.

In High School I had terrible acne on my face, to the point where it has left one or two crater scars (thankfully they aren't noticeable at all under most circumstances). It all cleared away when I was about 16/17 but the minute it left my face it migrated to my back. Now I didn't mind, I don't often take my shirt off in public so nobody would know. But it got to the point where it was getting cystic and that made it hard to lie and sit down.

Lately I've wanted to get back into shape. I mainly do aerobic excercises like sprinting, jogging and swimming. And since I'm a vain bastard I hate to go swimming because of my bacne. So I lurked around the internet for a bit and found out that vinegar does the top one over acne.

Let's see how this works out.

In High School I had terrible acne on my face, to the point where it has left one or two crater scars (thankfully they aren't noticeable at all under most circumstances). It all cleared away when I was about 16/17 but the minute it left my face it migrated to my back. Now I didn't mind, I don't often take my shirt off in public so nobody would know. But it got to the point where it was getting cystic and that made it hard to lie and sit down.

Lately I've wanted to get back into shape. I mainly do aerobic excercises like sprinting, jogging and swimming. And since I'm a vain bastard I hate to go swimming because of my bacne. So I lurked around the internet for a bit and found out that vinegar does the top one over acne.

Let's see how this works out.

Dude - Steroids = acne - so in a gym - everybody will think you're a steroid abuser :)

I'd actually go and see the docs - sounds more like what I had - hair folicule (sp) infection that migrated around my body - some cream + antibiotics = all gone :)

Also sunbeds (in controlled doses) will help dry everything out :)

Dude - Steroids = acne - so in a gym - everybody will think you're a steroid abuser :)

I'd actually go and see the docs - sounds more like what I had - hair folicule (sp) infection that migrated around my body - some cream + antibiotics = all gone :)

Also sunbeds (in controlled doses) will help dry everything out :)

Well I will see how this goes after a few weeks. The doctors gave me medication for my acne at one stage it helped but...

Does a person need to be really hairy to have this hair follicule infection?

Well I will see how this goes after a few weeks. The doctors gave me medication for my acne at one stage it helped but...

Does a person need to be really hairy to have this hair follicule infection?

Ok :)

LMAO - NO! Whether there is hair or not, you still have the follicule ;) - so I don't have any 'noticeable' hair on my back (except 2 little patches near the bottom) - I had a back wax and the whole lot got infected! Then it moved from my back to my legs and then my head! Nasty stuff!

So I'd get a dermatologist to look at it - get a referral from your doctor - I'll try and dig out the meds I was on and the cream - I think it was Fluxocillan? something like that... Worked wonders :)

Dont give up!

Ok :)

LMAO - NO! Whether there is hair or not, you still have the follicule ;) - so I don't have any 'noticeable' hair on my back (except 2 little patches near the bottom) - I had a back wax and the whole lot got infected! Then it moved from my back to my legs and then my head! Nasty stuff!

So I'd get a dermatologist to look at it - get a referral from your doctor - I'll try and dig out the meds I was on and the cream - I think it was Fluxocillan? something like that... Worked wonders :)

Dont give up!

Well reggardless I'm really hairy. Almost 19 and I can grow a full beard.

Razors are expensive...

Well reggardless I'm really hairy. Almost 19 and I can grow a full beard.

Razors are expensive...

Some people are just prone to this type of infection or to acne. It is more about your skin type and it's make up then the amount of hair and what you eat. Go see the dermatologist. No sense in getting scars if they are preventable. No one wants scars and acne can make even the least vain of us feel like we want to cover ourselves from head to toe! I think that is just human nature!

In regards to vinegar, it is a mild acid so that is probably why it works. A lot of over the counter acne treatments have salicylic acid in them.

Thanks, man. Amino Acids are not available for me right now so if I continue like this what will happen in the next 6 months or so?

It's just that at the gym I go to, the trainers do not care that much. It's not good I know but it's the only gym in the neighbourhood.

As for the 3lb thingie, I meant if I take the powder.. my grammar is idiotic sometimes.

Thanks, man. Amino Acids are not available for me right now so if I continue like this what will happen in the next 6 months or so?

It's just that at the gym I go to, the trainers do not care that much. It's not good I know but it's the only gym in the neighbourhood.

As for the 3lb thingie, I meant if I take the powder.. my grammar is idiotic sometimes.

The less they care the more you should look up on YouTube what to do and how to do it. Be selective, bcs not everything on there will give good advice.Just try to eat healthy, avoid fast food etc, train regularly without having any of the overtraining signs and you'll see a huge difference in 6 months, guaranteed.

Off topic a bit, but I wanted to see if all this talk about people who normally would not work out come to gym after NewYear and man oh man, it was by packed :D Now it's getting emptier and emptier but the theory was plausible. It hurt me to see how some guys tried to use huge weights and do something with it.. eg. someone tried to do lat pull downs and chose to use almost all the weight you can apply, couldn't even move the bar while hanging by it.. same goes for people who do bicep curls or tricep curls on the machines with cables, trying to pull the sucker up or push it down with brute bodyweight while not incorporating any of his bicep/ tricep fibres. Seemed like they were doing involuntary pull ups.. I dont know what gets in their way, egos perhaps, because they can't seem to realise that results come with perfect form - using the muscle group you INTEND to work out - not tried to end up with hernia from pushing your guts out.

Gone from 179lbs down to around 158lbs since starting this thread. Not bad I guess. Still another 20 or so lbs to go though :(

I need some motivation. The cardio I'm doing is so tedious now. Someone call me a fat piece of shit or something please. That seems to work in the movies!

Gone from 179lbs down to around 158lbs since starting this thread. Not bad I guess. Still another 20 or so lbs to go though :(

I need some motivation. The cardio I'm doing is so tedious now. Someone call me a fat piece of shit or something please. That seems to work in the movies!

Do you have a bicycle? I hated running in the gym, but when I started jogging outside or ridding my bycicle, my mood and motivation improved a lot.

YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT, START DOING SOMETHING USEFUL, FAGGOT!

I'd rather not fat shame you, but come on Leif you can do it. You fucking prick. :Goober: