The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

No, because i don't believe Roman is the dictator type leader like media portrays him to be. I believe powers are much more split at Chelsea then most clubs. Roman is the success he is now because of his connections and surrounding himself with the right people.

If Rafa is Emenalo project, then shouldn't he be accountable? this season is such a failure from on the pitch to montary. We had opportunity to compete for 7 trophy, and think about how much more our sponsorships grew when we won the CL and by striking out in 7 competitions is massive below in amping Chelsea brand around the world. Retaining top 4 is still in limbo, missing out on CL would put an exclamation mark on how massive of failure this season was.

Roman's the boss and every major decision is rubber-stamped by him. You're saying he's hands off, others like to call Emenalo and Gourlay 'yes men' - to me it seems like there are some fans who are so afraid to criticise him because they're terrified that he'll take his money and leave.

If you have problems with what has happened at this club in the last 10 months of the last 10 years, then there's one many who you ultimately have to lay the blame at either for hiring the people who made these decisions or for rubberstamping them.

Me, I actually take the longer-term view of this club and think we're in a bad moment but i can see the proverbial 'green shoots'. I also think the problems we have are much longer-term than others might and pre-date Emenalo and Gourlay's tenure at the club (in their current positions). But if I didn't believe that, I'd actually lay the blame at the feet of the guy with the billions of dollars in the bank without being scared of upsetting him.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad we didnt make the Champs League knock out we'd been screwed!

At least it would of been a swift exit and less games with no Thursday nights... 4th place is our CL this season...

So glad we didnt make the Champs League knock out we'd been screwed!

Id rather we dont play thursday nights and not be the first holder to not make it out of the group stages and lose to a good team in the knock out rounds than what we are in now

I can't believe he is still odds on to go before the end of the season. As if it was gonna happen it surely would have happened. 6/4 on no manager to get sacked before the end of the season is looking pretty good. And after today's result and all the "rafa's miracle subs produce the comeback" etc. It seems weird. Hopefully they are right and I am wrong. But I just can't see it happening before June.

Deserves some credit for yesterday. He might have made the wrong choices with the starting line-up but he made adjustments and nearly became the first coach to bring his team back from two goals down and win at OT.

I wasn't around here then, but i expect RDM got credit for the adjustments he made in the home league game when we went two down after some tactical mistakes so it only seems fair to treat Benitez the same. Plus he once again reminded us all what a classless cunt Fergie....sorry, Sir Fergie can be. Twice in one week.

There is no reason to dance to the same old song. Every generation needs to disobey though.

Why choose this game, searching for a way to ridicule Rafa ?

I thought Rafa had done well yesterday. Therefore, some approbation is requested, I feel.

Since all went right yesterday & most of us were happy to see the team played so well, should we hammer him constantly ?

The changes at half time/10 minutes into the second half was some of the reason I was happy to have Rafa when RDM left as that wasnt what RDM was doing when the game cried out for it. Bold decisions from Rafa paid off..

The changes at half time/10 minutes into the second half was some of the reason I was happy to have Rafa when RDM left as that wasnt what RDM was doing when the game cried out for it. Bold decisions from Rafa paid off..

You're not serious right? This is probably the first time at CFC where Rafa actually got his subs right. I hope you're kidding.

There is no reason to dance to the same old song. Every generation needs to disobey though.

Why choose this game, searching for a way to ridicule Rafa ?

I thought Rafa had done well yesterday. Therefore, some approbation is requested, I feel.

Since all went right yesterday & most of us were happy to see the team played so well, should we hammer him constantly ?

No. He didnt do well, it couldve been over before he couldve made those subs + there's just no way to explain his first half lineup.