The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show grass on the other side aint always greener etc.And the board best learn from this and give the next Manager a chance!

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't...

Not that RDM was a devil. I just can't believe we sacked him for rafa fucking benitez....

Remember when we outclassed tottenham and had a 4 point gap at the top of the table, even with 1 striker in torres. Hazard bagging all those assists and goals coming from ivan, mata, lamps, etc. Those were good times.

Exactly!And yeah it may have worked in the past but this time..ooo look disaster

Remember when we were sodding top with a chance to go 7 clear...then 2nd..then god knows when.Remember when they actually played like a team.God knows what was watching today but didnt seem anything like what we used to see before this complete and utter shit!

Exactly!And yeah it may have worked in the past but this time..ooo look disaster

Remember when we were sodding top with a chance to go 7 clear...then 2nd..then god knows when.Remember when they actually played like a team.God knows what was watching today but didnt seem anything like what we used to see before this complete and utter shit!

Yeah i miss the days when after the game everyone would talk about how our AM was very good creating chances and it was just our defence that was conceding as we scored a lot and conceded as well. Now we just look dodgy in attack and defence. In fairness we showed for 60 mins some quality against West brom that we hadn't shown in a while, and hopefully we will see that again very soon and this was just a blip... Unlikely though.

We all hated the day Robbie was sacked and Rafa was appointed, but did anyone really expect it to be this bad? This is for you Roman, this is for you.

Actually yes, i said this could get really ugly if Rafa doesn't win and win immediately. The thing is interim managers are supposed to bring new ideas, hope, and optimism. Rafa appointment didn't do any of those, tbf to him his appointment was doomed from the start and that is probably the worst thing about this because you can't really say in hindsight it was bad decision, it was a bad decision from the start.

In Rafa first press conference, he talked briefly that he has known Michael Emenalo for a while and he was the person who contacted him from Chelsea. It leads me to believe that he was the one who advised roman to bring Rafa on board. If my speculation is true then he should be fired along with Rafa, they both share the blame for this season.

Expected things to be bad when we lost 3-1 to West Ham but didnt think this was gana become a normal thing and wins a thing now and then!2 years out the job for a reason for christ sake we've thrown away so many 2-0 leads stupidly as well.That and been so many times where second half has been a disaster

I gave him a chance but its become so clear they choose the wrong man for the job.Just seems a case of grab whoever was free and not realise they had lasted 6 months at the old place and whatever

Actually yes, i said this could get really ugly if Rafa doesn't win and win immediately. The thing is interim managers are supposed to bring new ideas, hope, and optimism. Rafa appointment didn't do any of those, tbf to him his appointment was doomed from the start and that is probably the worst thing about this because you can't really say in hindsight it was bad decision, it was a bad decision from the start.

In Rafa first press conference, he talked briefly that he has known Michael Emenalo for a while and he was the person who contacted him from Chelsea. It leads me to believe that he was the one who advised roman to bring Rafa on board. If my speculation is true then he should be fired along with Rafa, they both share the blame for this season.

Ultimately the blame lies with Roman then.

That's what I have also read — the skinny one is Emenalo personal choice. If truen then he has to take the responsabilities for having breaking something between the fans and the administration, for our sportive failure, for turning us into a circus. So yeah, as you said, he also should get the boot for this major fuck-up.

What was a bigger blunder by Roman. Buying Torres or hiring Benitez? On the one hand Torres has been doing his damage since 2 years and cost 50m, still we won the CL in his time. Rafa has cost us 2 titles in 2 months, relegated us from 2nd to 4th but has cost not that much. (OMG it feels so sick that we even have to pay our scourges)

What was a bigger blunder by Roman. Buying Torres or hiring Benitez? On the one hand Torres has been doing his damage since 2 years and cost 50m, still we won the CL in his time. Rafa has cost us 2 titles in 2 months, relegated us from 2nd to 4th but has cost not that much. (OMG it feels so sick that we even have to pay our scourges)

it's not the end. :rolleyes:

Give him a chance..might reglegate us from 4th to 5th and possibly 4 title..woooohey!

Torres a mistake cause he wasnt his best when we got him and hasnt been since but where he has been crap theres been 10 players to sort of counter that out.Whereas Rafa in charge of so much more

Biggest mistake the obvious getting rid of Jose.Move us forward?Erm no just going round on some crazy manager merry go round which has now ended in tears really

Ultimately the blame lies with Roman then.

No, because i don't believe Roman is the dictator type leader like media portrays him to be. I believe powers are much more split at Chelsea then most clubs. Roman is the success he is now because of his connections and surrounding himself with the right people.

If Rafa is Emenalo project, then shouldn't he be accountable? this season is such a failure from on the pitch to montary. We had opportunity to compete for 7 trophy, and think about how much more our sponsorships grew when we won the CL and by striking out in 7 competitions is massive below in amping Chelsea brand around the world. Retaining top 4 is still in limbo, missing out on CL would put an exclamation mark on how massive of failure this season was.