Jase

Man of the Match  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm think the conditions played a part, but we closed space down well and made them look ordinary. Apart from the lack of physical stuff from CFC, this reminded me of a more Mourinho esqe performance, except we didnt have Drog or Lamps to nick the win...

City weren't great, because the conditions and our tactics stopped them playing... Defensively they were good though - which is a shame...

Some if it was our tactics. We played very defensively and dropped deep, but some of it was just them. They really looked flat and missed some very simple passes, their communication was was off, and their finishing was very poor.

It's not even the lack of movement, though Torres is generally extremely guilty of that. It's the fact that Mikel lacks the vision to see anything past the the next blue shirt along & Ramires' strength is in his physical assets rather than his passing. What we need is the playmaking partner for Ramires to complement his own abilities, the all-round distributor who can execute those world class passes to perfection & actually provide a long range threat to goal going forward.

& so once again I have to found myself left with the phrase that I have said more times in this single week than any other in my life - 'We need Frank'

Not sure lamps is the player to complement ramires, frank game is about going forward and attack the box what we need is a player who will stay back and distribute the ball

Yeah City were just like us, decen tin defense, sloppy in attack. In general there were all sorts of blunders today, which would be funny if the situation wasn't so serious. City caught us on the break twice. the first time Yaya toure placed his pass just in the hands of cech, the second time he managed to play a flat diagonal ball that rolled over the pitch about 20s but somehow evaded everyone tamely bobbling out for goal kick. Chris foys reluctance to award us a corner after an ashley cole shot that would have hit the cross bar was palmed high into the matthew harding upper by Hart is just another refereeing classic made in England.

Luiz had a good bounce back game. Haven't seen a performance from him this good since the CL final. Hopefully he can build on it. Sometimes comments from your opponent's fans can say alot:

"Luiz makes horrible mistakes against every club... yet he hasn't today."

My biggest worry is can Rafa change tact for the game against Fulham midweek?

This was a typical Rafa performance from his Liverpool days in big games, tight, organized and not giving much away, his weakness his home games against Fulham and the likes as he draws a lot of them.

Having said that, Rafa's tactical display today gave me a lot of encouragement for the CL knockout stage if Shacktar can somehow save us.

I am very pleased with this draw.Azpi with his best game so far at Chelsea,looked very solid today.

He has not been out of place in any game he has played this season. I hope he is a permanent starter there at RB over Ivanovic as is your natural kind of RB you want.

Luiz had a good bounce back game. Haven't seen a performance from him this good since the CL final. Hopefully he can build on it. Sometimes comments from your opponent's fans can say alot:

"Luiz makes horrible mistakes against every club... yet he hasn't today."

He needs to stop pulling players shirts in the box though.

In the 90th minute Oscar had Torres onside available for a through ball or chip but he elected to pass to Moses who passed it straight into two City defenders. Kind of summed up things for me.

Nobody has faith in Torres so he doesn't get those passes.