West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

Marin should definitely be used as a sub. I can't see him going from absolutely no game time to starting so being used as a sub seems about right. He looked decent in the pre-season so he's got to start being used. It's important for RDM to start putting some faith in squad rotation at this point.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be days many years ago where I'd look at this fixture and think 'God, I hope they go easy on us'. Thankfully, those days are long gone , mainly due to the work of Roy Hodgson and the extra charaisma brought to the side by Steve Clarke. We're good enough to compete with any side in this division and I expect Saturday to be no different, granted, you have the quality to take the game away from us, but you're in for a tricky ride. The fact you have a busy schedule favours us slightly as RDM will be in two minds whether to rotate his squad but if you do, it will only work to our advantage in my opinion.

I've seen bits of Chelsea this season and they've looked very open, something we suffered with under RDM. At Chelsea he'll get away with having the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar who are quite superb footballers. At our place, we had good footballers but not those of the highest quality like the ones he currently has and therefore when we entered the slump, he was unable to change his ways, organise us defensively and hence he got the sack. Our counter attacking is up there with the best in the division, we break with pace and precision and on our day we could have a couple. Ask the dingles how good our counter attacking is. They found it in full force.

Saturday will be a tough game and one I'm looking forward to immensley. It'll be a test to see how far we've come. I expect us to lose (as always) but I do feel we have enough about us to get a point. Steve Clarke will probably be reserved in his team selection and go something like this:

Foster

Jones McAuley Olsson Ridgewell

Mulumbu Yacob

Gera Morrison Dorrans

Long

We've played some very good stuff under Steve Clarke so far. Very organised defensively and with the intentions of getting the ball down going forward. Shane Long and James Morrison have been superb for us so far this season, as have Youssouf Mulumbu and Claudio Yacob who have formed a very effective partnership and one which has certainly enhanced the solidity of our side.

There used to be days many years ago where I'd look at this fixture and think 'God, I hope they go easy on us'. Thankfully, those days are long gone , mainly due to the work of Roy Hodgson and the extra charaisma brought to the side by Steve Clarke. We're good enough to compete with any side in this division and I expect Saturday to be no different, granted, you have the quality to take the game away from us, but you're in for a tricky ride. The fact you have a busy schedule favours us slightly as RDM will be in two minds whether to rotate his squad but if you do, it will only work to our advantage in my opinion.

I've seen bits of Chelsea this season and they've looked very open, something we suffered with under RDM. At Chelsea he'll get away with having the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar who are quite superb footballers. At our place, we had good footballers but not those of the highest quality like the ones he currently has and therefore when we entered the slump, he was unable to change his ways, organise us defensively and hence he got the sack. Our counter attacking is up there with the best in the division, we break with pace and precision and on our day we could have a couple. Ask the dingles how good our counter attacking is. They found it in full force.

Saturday will be a tough game and one I'm looking forward to immensley. It'll be a test to see how far we've come. I expect us to lose (as always) but I do feel we have enough about us to get a point. Steve Clarke will probably be reserved in his team selection and go something like this:

Foster

Jones McAuley Olsson Ridgewell

Mulumbu Yacob

Gera Morrison Dorrans

Long

We've played some very good stuff under Steve Clarke so far. Very organised defensively and with the intentions of getting the ball down going forward. Shane Long and James Morrison have been superb for us so far this season, as have Youssouf Mulumbu and Claudio Yacob who have formed a very effective partnership and one which has certainly enhanced the solidity of our side.

Who else wishes ALL other fans were as good as Liam. Mature, insightful posts and the lads only 17!

Good luck mate, obviously hoping we win, but you've certainly reinforced WBA as my fave 2nd team of the season so far!

Hope SC does some amazing things at the club, he is a CFC legend... :)

Unfortunately, it looks as though our best defender and certainly the most consistent defender over the past 15 months or so, Gareth McAuley will miss Saturday's game with a hamstring injury he has picked up featuring for Northern Ireland in their draw with Azerbaijan. He'll be a massive blow to us as he and Olsson have built a solid partnership and neither Tamas or Dawson are consistent enough at this level, although the latter has had very few opportunities. If he is missing, Gabriel Tamas shall replace him.

Alright, you pay 175k/week and get Torres and return Lukaku (we will end up buying a striker anyway).

No deal.

How about you pay £165k a week and we pay the £10k, get Torres firing and give him you at the end of the season?

The day the Albion start paying wages like that will be the day I give up on my season ticket.