West Brom v Chelsea

Jase

@Sheva., I can name many games where we have been good with Luiz and a shambles without ie the respective matches against Arsenal. TBF he has been below par in recent weeks and if Alex was still here he would probably be on the bench by now.

The thing with luiz, he has better potential than all our other defenders but at the same time he should be solid whenever he plays. yes, he wins the ball back and all that but his ratio of winning the ball back to making a rash challenge is still high. everyone thought that by now, he would have settled and transformed into a solid Ball-Winning centre-back but sadly the basic errors still undo all the work he puts in

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah. Wigan, Stoke, QPR are hardly a challenge. Luiz-Terry did not play against Newcastle, our first tough game and made errors against Arsenal - dropped way too deep for the Gervinho goal.

Swansea away and Liverpool home are far tougher and Ivan-Cahill and Terry-Iva, Cahill-Ivan were very solid. we defended as a unit

That was a lack of communication from both centre back's. And for your last line we look generally solid with any centre back partnership, apart from the Cahill and Luiz one.

You're right it's quite ambiguous, but my point is that you can't say the defence is better because Luiz doesn't played.

without luiz, the back Four has defended as unit. we barely let in a shot on target until Suarez corner goal and the 2 cb's were excellent handling the pace of the Swansea attackers. rather unfortunate that they have no clean-sheets to show for the 2 performances nonetheless , the defensive work has been great these last two games

We need some rotation. We won't win any trophy like that.

If we can't afford it right now, when would we rest some players? Against Juventus? Against City?

Just be serious, we have to be like other teams while we have Marin, Romeu, Moses on the bench they deserve it.

------------ Cech -------

Azpi ---- Ivan - Cahil --- Cole (if fit else bert)

------- Romeu -- Mikel -------

Moses --- Hazard - Marin

--------- Sturridge ----------

(Hazard because he was rested during the national duties)

3 sub are allowed, so we shouln't panic like pussies each game with our strongest line up.

I want us to take the 3 points against Juventus, so we shouldn't burn our chances tomorrow

We took 2 out of 9 points the last 3 games with our strongest team, are they already burnt?

without luiz, the back Four has defended as unit. we barely let in a shot on target until Suarez corner goal and the 2 cb's were excellent handling the pace of the Swansea attackers. rather unfortunate that they have no clean-sheets to show for the 2 performances nonetheless , the defensive work has been great these last two games

Why all the blame on Luiz? it's the partnership him and Cahill have that's the major problem, not either of them individually.

Not just the back four but the whole team. You say that the Terry - Luiz partnership didn't really face strong opposition but neither were Swansea and Liverpool. Don't know why people seem to shift all the blame for being bad at the back to Luiz.

I hope for sturridge begin the match :halo:.

3 points are imperative today, at the risk of being left behind by man.u going to norwich.

It will be a tough game, a stat I read "Six receptions this season, WBA managed to keep clean sheets on four occasions: against Liverpool, Everton, Reading and Southampton."

does anybody else scroll through when they see the word "Luiz" in a comment, or is it just me?

No but everytime i see the word "Torres" i take a pen and paper and write down all the excuses.

you never know when they might come in handy....

:Goober:

Not just the back four but the whole team. You say that the Terry - Luiz partnership didn't really face strong opposition but neither were Swansea and Liverpool. Don't know why people seem to shift all the blame for being bad at the back to Luiz.

Why all the blame on Luiz? it's the partnership him and Cahill have that's the major problem, not either of them individually.

terry-Luiz hasn't been tested enough to say that they are "solid" and cahill-luiz is just codswallop. we need to have a stable partnership at the back. i believe the chopping and changing has also affected the defence.

it's not just luiz. luiz has made basic errors but none of the partnerships in defence is actually good. we need a good defender and soon.

Even with Luiz mistakes he remains one of my favourite players here. I would be devastated to see him leave as I still believe he has a lot to offer the club. (Not like I think it will happen)