The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

This post contains tons of spoiler.

The red wedding was so much better in the books... Look how it happened in the books when Robb was killed in front of Cait's eyes:

"It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting…

The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed.
“Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold."
The only part in which the tv show was better was the song rains of castamere, I got some mad shivers when it started playing.

The red wedding was so much better in the books... Look how it happened in the books when Robb was killed in front of Cait's eyes:

"It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting…

The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed.
“Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold."

Interesting but I still like the show.

Not much into reading.

I will fall asleep. lol

Although this whole season was kinda boring, but the climax was all worth it.

Do you want me to tell you?

Ygritte dies, Joffrey dies, Khaleesi mother of slaves

Nope, neither Battle of Castle Black nor The Purple Wedding will happen next episode. There is no time for them to do it in one episode plus they need to save some action for boredom and slow pace of book 4...

Nope, neither Battle of Castle Black nor The Purple Wedding will happen next episode. There is no time for them to do it in one episode plus they need to save some action for boredom and slow pace of book 4...

If neither happen it will suck. I think there's time for at least one of them.

The way they showed Roose Bolton come up and say "The Lannisters send their regards" before landing the final blow on Robb definitely sets them as the ultimate antagonists in the story from the perspective of the show. I think the producers are trying to create a definite good-guy-side to Stannis by showing just how bastardish the Lannisters are.
I don't think it's much different from the books. If I recall correctly, up to this point in the books the Lannisters seemed to be the main antagonists. It's from now on the Lannisters will start suffering their losses and we'll find out who set up the wolves vs. the lions.

I don't think it's much different from the books. If I recall correctly, up to this point in the books the Lannisters seemed to be the main antagonists. It's from now on the Lannisters will start suffering their losses and we'll find out who set up the wolves vs. the lions.
True, but the later books make the Boltons and the Freys out as the real bastards of the series - even Varys (murdering Kevan and releasing Cersei) and Littlefinger (sabotaging The Vale) are portrayed even more negatively, especially in light of Tommen being young and innocent and Jaime being half-redeemed. Plus Tyrion has never been a bad-guy. With Tywin dead and Joffrey too, as well as Cersei being tamed, the Lannisters seem less of a threat indeed.

Just watched the latest episode last night, knew something big was going to happen in the end but not that big. Can't wait till I reach that part in the books, so far I've only read the first one but I'm on holiday so I have the time and it shouldn't take long till I've reached the midpoint of A Storm of Swords.

Season finale next Monday. :yay: