The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

I'm not sure where I saw it. But I'm pretty sure he mentioned somewhere he's not going to let someone else finish the series.

I haven't seen it, but if you say so, it is one more reason for him rushing it!

I haven't seen it, but if you say so, it is one more reason for him rushing it!

That raises another important question. Do you think he'll be able to wrap up the series in the coming 2 books?

For all we know there could be 4 more books left :lol:

That raises another important question. Do you think he'll be able to wrap up the series in the coming 2 books?

For all we know there could be 4 more books left :lol:

It is all very relative, he can do 2 books of 1000 pages just to say he did 2 books! :lol:

I'm interested to see who non-book-readers think will end up on the Iron Throne.

Who's your money on?

It'd be incredibly dumb to put money on anybody. But I like the question so I'm gonna try and answer it.

At first I thought Eddard Stark, of course. I had no idea about the show or the books and I immediately thought he was the main character, a likeable and smart fella. Well, we all know how that turned out. This is the only show where the supposed protagonist gets killed early. When he was about to be executed, I thought to myself "right, no way he's gonna die, something will happen so he'll live like in every other show"... yeah. So after that I realized this show is not straightforward and nothing can be predicted.

Naturally I thought the Starks would rise to power, Rob Stark namely. But I don't know anymore, there seems to be no progress on his part. He's perhaps far too lenient like his father was. He's trying to stamp his authority, but he's still struggling with that.

Anyway, similar to Rob is Daenerys. She's also good-hearted, but she possesses a superior army (I think) and dragons. She also has great advisors, both of whom know a great deal about how King's Landing operates. In an ideal world she would be the queen and Rob would be the king, but that's not gonna happen I feel.

Anyway, it's really hard to predict anything. I know I would predict wrong so I'm not gonna even try to pick out one. My preference, if I were a Westerosi, would be either Rob or Dany. Don't know about Jon Snow, how could he get the throne when he doesn't even want it? But that is the beauty of the game, you never know what's gonna happen.

How about Jaime?

You bitches gonna be crying after the next episode :D

I swear I was 100% sure they would let the Red Wedding for the season finale, now I have no idea what major event will happen next episode...

Khaleesi beeing crowned 'Mother of Slaves'?

Wow, that's all i have to say. :(:cry:

Dude, I'm fucking shaking right now! FUUUUUCKKKKKK!

LOOOOOL, I think this and a certain episode that will happen in King's Landing (which will most definitely be saved for Season 4) are two absolutely incredible strikes of genius from GRRMartin that completely turn the plot upside down! :P

One thing guys, ASOIAF is about the Iron Throne, not about the Starks or Lannisters or Targaryens, the game itself is the protagonist and not X, Y or Z. The sooner you learn it, the least heartbroken you will be! :D

I'm actually glad i didn't read the books - not that i like reading anyway lol - never been so shocked about an event on a tv show, like i was last night. Always thought Robb will end up on the Iron Throne, then he gets killed just like that :o

Poor Starks though, they've lost the most people so far if i recall correctly :(

I swear I was 100% sure they would let the Red Wedding for the season finale, now I have no idea what major event will happen next episode...

Khaleesi beeing crowned 'Mother of Slaves'?

The last episode is called Mysha, meaning "Mother". Make of that what you will.

Which also makes me think we'll see the resurrected Cat....

LOOOOOL, I think this and a certain episode that will happen in King's Landing (which will most definitely be saved for Season 4) are two absolutely incredible strikes of genius from GRRMartin that completely turn the plot upside down! :P

One thing guys, ASOIAF is about the Iron Throne, not about the Starks or Lannisters or Targaryens, the game itself is the protagonist and not X, Y or Z. The sooner you learn it, the least heartbroken you will be! :D

I thought they would include both in this season, but considering how little happens in Book 4, it makes sense they've saved that and

Tyrion's arc - ie. killing Shae and Tywin, and Gregor Clegane vs the Red Viper, etc.