Jackson Martinez

OneMoSalah

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone rather throw £35+ on him as opposed to a few quid on Eto'o?

Nope. Rather sign Eto'o. If we're going to sign Martinez I'd rather us give Lukaku a shot because they're quite similar as strikers.

We're after a player in Eto'o/Rooney's mould because we don't have that sort of striker in our squad. Jackson Martinez is a great striker but he doesn't fit our system as the aforementioned do. He isn't good at holding the ball up, linking up play, having his back towards goal etc... No point.

Would be really happy with him.

I think we could use a target man. he's tall, strong, athletic.

I noticed that we play so much different then teams like Bayern or United etc. We always go through the center, barely getting any balls into the box. Also our full-backs dont attack as well as other team's full-backs, but thats another story.

Anyway, I think the reason for this is that there's simply no target man to aim these crosses to (and plus we suck at crossing).. Look how United play, their wingers or full-backs always try to get crosses in for RVP, or at Bayern Lahm always crosses towards Manzukic...

Nope. Rather sign Eto'o. If we're going to sign Martinez I'd rather us give Lukaku a shot because they're quite similar as strikers.

We're after a player in Eto'o/Rooney's mould because we don't have that sort of striker in our squad. Jackson Martinez is a great striker but he doesn't fit our system as the aforementioned do. He isn't good at holding the ball up, linking up play, having his back towards goal etc... No point.

I think he's good in link up play and holding up the ball.. Not Eto'o or Rooney level maybe, but he's good

Would be really happy with him.

I think we could use a target man. he's tall, strong, athletic.

I noticed that we play so much different then teams like Bayern or United etc. We always go through the center, barely getting any balls into the box. Also our full-backs dont attack as well as other team's full-backs, but thats another story.

Anyway, I think the reason for this is that there's simply no target man to aim these crosses to (and plus we suck at crossing).. Look how United play, their wingers or full-backs always try to get crosses in for RVP, or at Bayern Lahm always crosses towards Manzukic...

We've already got two players who can play as a target man (Ba, Lukaku).

We are not a team that relies on crosses. A target man doesn't really work well with our team.

The way Bayern and United are set up is different. Our team is meant to be more focused on the intricate play between our front four, which is exactly why Mourinho wanted Rooney.

He's a really good striker but he doesn't offer what we need. We don't need to sign a striker just for the sake of it. He needs to be the right sort of player.

I think he's good in link up play and holding up the ball.. Not Eto'o or Rooney level maybe, but he's good

He's okay but he isn't that sort of striker. No point in changing his game, when what he does best is being on the shoulder of the last defender, trying to break the offside trap with his explosiveness. He's a poacher, we shouldn't turn him into something he's not.

He's okay but he isn't that sort of striker. No point in changing his game, when what he does best is being on the shoulder of the last defender, trying to break the offside trap with his explosiveness. He's a poacher, we shouldn't turn him into something he's not.

Yeah he is exactly what we need, all our striker are afraid of the penalty box for some reason apart from Lukaku, but then Jose see him nothing more than an impact sub for now so we are out of depth in striker department.

Has there been any proper links with him? Not sure anything will happen

Doesn't need to be, we can sign him anytime we like because his clause is 40m euros and Porto will not negotiate with anybody and Napoli already bid 32m but it was rejected.

We've already got two players who can play as a target man (Ba, Lukaku).

We are not a team that relies on crosses. A target man doesn't really work well with our team.

The way Bayern and United are set up is different. Our team is meant to be more focused on the intricate play between our front four, which is exactly why Mourinho wanted Rooney.

He's a really good striker but he doesn't offer what we need. We don't need to sign a striker just for the sake of it. He needs to be the right sort of player.

Well I would like to see Lukaku play more often. Sick of Ba and Torres.

We don't really have a target man in Ba because he sucks, and Lukaku doesn't seem quite ready yet.

IMO Martinez would still work for us and would definately add much needed quality in that department, even though he's not exactly the type of player we need.

I think some of you are just so desperate for a striker that you'd take anyone. I agree with Skipper. Martinez isn't the player we need.

We should just wait until January to see if we still need someone and play Lukaku. Buy a CM now.

I think some of you are just so desperate for a striker that you'd take anyone. I agree with Skipper. Martinez isn't the player we need.

We should just wait until January to see if we still need someone and play Lukaku. Buy a CM now.

A CM should really be a priority. With a solid midfielder we could actually play Mazacar effectively, with Oscar next to the CM, Mata in the number 10 role, Hazard on left has usual

A CM should really be a priority. With a solid midfielder we could actually play Mazacar effectively, with Oscar next to the CM, Mata in the number 10 role, Hazard on left has usual

We need a ball winning CM with presence and composure who can still play a pinpoint pass and offer something going forward. Like Carrick for example. Someone who would allow Ramires to do what he does best. It's really hard and annoying watching Ramires and Lamps together who both want to bomb forward and leave our defense exposed.

De Rossi would've been perfect.

We need a ball winning CM with presence and composure who can still play a pinpoint pass and offer something going forward. Like Carrick for example. Someone who would allow Ramires to do what he does best. It's really hard and annoying watching Ramires and Lamps together who both want to bomb forward and leave our defense exposed.

De Rossi would've been perfect.

Don't metion that name :cry:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You