Jackson Martinez

OneMoSalah

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez is not the type of striker we need.

I feel many that want him here haven't actually seen him play a lot, they just look at his goal scoring ratio which is very impressive but he isn't particularly good at link up play and playing in between the lines - what he is great at is utilising his explosiveness to get into the box. He's pretty much a great poacher.

I doubt the club are actually looking at getting him in because he doesn't suit the profile of the type of striker we're trying to get in.

He is a great striker and has the capabilities to score great goals for sure but he isn't the sort of striker we need.

I feel many that want him here haven't actually seen him play a lot, they just look at his goal scoring ratio which is very impressive but he isn't particularly good at link up play and playing in between the lines - what he is great at is utilising his explosiveness to get into the box. He's pretty much a great poacher.

I doubt the club are actually looking at getting him in because he doesn't suit the profile of the type of striker we're trying to get in.

He is a great striker and has the capabilities to score great goals for sure but he isn't the sort of striker we need.

Then who do you suggest we getting? Rooney is the perfect man but we won't be able to get him. So who?

Actually enough the link up play thing, it is about time we need some one to stop tracking back and actually get into goal scoring position to score. If you want link up you can have Torres all day long, he do a wonderful job at that.

I can't believe it but I completely agree with you!

Then who do you suggest we getting? Rooney is the perfect man but we won't be able to get him. So who?

Actually enough the link up play thing, it is about time we need some one to stop tracking back and actually get into goal scoring position to score. If you want link up you can have Torres all day long, he do a wonderful job at that.

We've already got a striker that can do all of which you've mentioned in Lukaku. Lukaku is an explosive player that is very dangerous in the box and could very well be just as good as Jackson Martinez if we give him a run in and play in a system that suits that sort of play but the thing is we don't. Torres' link up play is poor, again I question if you actually watch Chelsea play. How anyone thinks Torres' link up play is wonderful is beyond me. Mourinho himself said that he wants a striker that can play in between the line a link play up well.

We shouldn't be buying a new striker just for the sake of buying a new striker. We need to make sure they're the right player.

We've already got a striker that can do all of which you've mentioned in Lukaku. Lukaku is an explosive player that is very dangerous in the box and could very well be just as good as Jackson Martinez if we give him a run in and play in a system that suits that sort of play but the thing is we don't. Torres' link up play is poor, again I question if you actually watch Chelsea play. How anyone thinks Torres' link up play is wonderful is beyond me. Mourinho himself said that he wants a striker that can play in between the line a link play up well.

We shouldn't be buying a new striker just for the sake of buying a new striker. We need to make sure they're the right player.

Yeah but what if there isn't a right player?

Isn't Mourinho the person that determines who we need? he might go for a goalscorer if Rooney can't be signed. Because there isn't many players similar to Rooney out there.

Isn't Mourinho the person that determines who we need? he might go for a goalscorer if Rooney can't be signed. Because there isn't many players similar to Rooney out there.

I'm going by what Mourinho said - he said we need a player that can link up well and play in between the lines. If we don't find anyone then we might as well just give Lukaku who clearly is a goal scorer himself a chance to play regularly as our number 1 striker.

2 assists is not an encouraging stat. Bony had 31 in 30 games for Vitesse

Yeah but Dutch league is poorer than Portuguese league and usually a Porto striker that scores a lot of goals mean he is very good. Hulk, Falcao, James Rodriguez, Lisandro Lopez over the years.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You