• Hazard
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Sturridge
    • (SUB) Lampard

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said at the beginning of the season there is no chance we will go from 6th to 1st.

Im half way through a u turn, if we beat United then i will make a complete u turn.

If we play like we did today or vs. Arsenal I have no doubts we can beat united convincingly. Their defence is weak at the moment and I can't wait to see what we can do against them.

e actually look more like a team as well.Lately been less of the meh we've lost the ball we're 2-1 down hey ho attitude and trying to get the ball back and running and making moves.Not mega perfect but definlty an improvement really.Hopfully we can United are annoying and De Gea seems to turn into this amazing goalie..but even so 2 away derbies won way better then last season!

People need to realize that this is what Chelsea wanted to do when they started rebuilding the team. It's going to be different. More attacking, more movement, more goals, but defending won't be the same -- it can't be. There won't be as many players committed to defending as in the past.

Both David and Cahill played well, with one mistake each in my book; David needs to be more aware about what's going on around him, and Cahill must never ever mark a striker, esp one like Defoe, from behind. However, like I said, defense will always be a bit more exposed than last season.

Mikel, Ramires, Oscar had good a game. Hazard was even better and Mata was fantastic. Torres had a decent game, but certainly not at the same level as the others. Ivanovic had a decent game too, but also behind the other players esp Cole who was just fantastic IMO.

Cech played like the top GK he is.

BTW, I thought that a better shot stopper like Lloris might have stopped the Cahill shot (w/ or without deflection). I'd expect Cech to stop that one btw.

Fantastic game and start of the season for Chelsea.

This win has absolutely made my week. Superb going forward though we looked rather shaky defensively when dealing with crosses. RDM needs to sort that out as we'll be playing a team that excels of crosses next weekend. Other than that, just gonna enjoy the win. :getin:

Even if Mata deserves the man of the match award, Mikel was absolutely fantastic today. One of his finest performances in a Chelsea shirt. And that skill was incredible. Too bad there's no gif yet.

I want to see this Mikel skill..... hopefully it will top Sandro's 720 turn thing vs Villa then Spurs fans will be even more gutted.

Don't know why people are surprised. He's always had that in his locker.

I was just trolling, I know Mikel is a good player and is steadily improving game by game under Robbie.