Financial Fair Play

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the hell do Liverpool have more TV than anyone else?

Mostly due to them doing better than expected in the league and also with Sky wanting to ensure they got more viewers in for the 'title' run-in by putting most of their games on tv for the second half of the season

Mostly due to them doing better than expected in the league and also with Sky wanting to ensure they got more viewers in for the 'title' run-in by putting most of their games on tv for the second half of the season

Liverpool won't be in the title race this year though. Surely if it was based on that City would get the most games?

How do PSG and United get more then us since we made it farther?

3 components - TV money, performance prize money and matchday revenue (advertisements, tickets, misc. items like matchday programmes and refreshments).

Performance prize money (based on wins and how far you progress), is distributed on this formula :

Breakdown-of-Champions-League-Performanc

TV money is paid by the national broadcaster (BT Sport in the UK) based on where the teams finished in the league the season before, i.e 2012-13. See this :

4.-Market-Pool-Figures.jpg

France probably distributes the money in a different manner, hence the bigger share.

France probably distributes the money in a different manner, hence the bigger share.

Yep, that's right. France didn't really have any other interesting teams aside from PSG so naturally they get the lion's share from the French broadcasting revenue.

3 components - TV money, performance prize money and matchday revenue (advertisements, tickets, misc. items like matchday programmes and refreshments).

Performance prize money (based on wins and how far you progress), is distributed on this formula :

Breakdown-of-Champions-League-Performanc

TV money is paid by the national broadcaster (BT Sport in the UK) based on where the teams finished in the league the season before, i.e 2012-13. See this :

4.-Market-Pool-Figures.jpg

not sure who worked out the %...

Correct me if i am wrong.

I get that retrospective investigations can happen in the following scenario, but is this a loophole, possibly?

Lets say Man city wants to get a 40 million player, but cant because of FFP.

So a Non UEFA team, such as New York City, which is owned by the same group, can they buy that player and loan him for very basic amounts to city?

I know it will show up as a loss to NYC, but hypothetically, is that something than clubs can do to get around it??

Correct me if i am wrong.

I get that retrospective investigations can happen in the following scenario, but is this a loophole, possibly?

Lets say Man city wants to get a 40 million player, but cant because of FFP.

So a Non UEFA team, such as New York City, which is owned by the same group, can they buy that player and loan him for very basic amounts to city?

I know it will show up as a loss to NYC, but hypothetically, is that something than clubs can do to get around it??

Yeah potentially

Not sure where to add this, but I saw the infographics at ESPNFC regarding the shirt sponsorship deals.

I see that we are ending our Samsung sponsorship soon. Is the club going to extend it? I have to say our club jersey has 1 of the nicest sponsorship logo. Not ugly like the rest. Fly Emirates was decent too.

Not sure where to add this, but I saw the infographics at ESPNFC regarding the shirt sponsorship deals.

I see that we are ending our Samsung sponsorship soon. Is the club going to extend it? I have to say our club jersey has 1 of the nicest sponsorship logo. Not ugly like the rest. Fly Emirates was decent too.

Aye, SAMSUNG logo looks nice on our kits, but financially it's not among the top deals. If they don't offer us much more money per season I wouldn't be surprised at all if we signed with someone else now. Especially if we win PL and/or CL and use that publicity to negotiate better terms.

Aye, SAMSUNG logo looks nice on our kits, but financially it's not among the top deals. If they don't offer us much more money per season I wouldn't be surprised at all if we signed with someone else now. Especially if we win PL and/or CL and use that publicity to negotiate better terms.

Considering they are fighting Apple and Microsoft, I believe an agreement can be done for a more lucrative deal. Whatsmore their mobile phones and TVs are bringing in them the money.

It would be terrible if we lost Samsung for some betting sponsor or sth. I hope they offer better deal, they are one of biggest companies in world in tv/phone industry and no other club has samsung so it would make sense for them to extend.

Considering they are fighting Apple and Microsoft, I believe an agreement can be done for a more lucrative deal. Whatsmore their mobile phones and TVs are bringing in them the money.

Maybe, but it can go the other way around and they don't offer much better terms due to recent disappointing income they had, and with iphone 6 getting ready to launch, it can go various ways. We'll see soon for sure :D