QPR vs Chelsea

Kieran.

They really aren't far away from becoming the next big team in England. Obviously they'll never do it with their current crop but they will be able to buy a brand new, top class squad if Mittal starts to plough his money into QPR rather than his Formula 1 team.

I doubt they will be able to do a city and buy the league though. There is too much competition for high spending clubs now. Anzi, PSG, Zenit St Petersburg, City and Chelsea are all able to spend big and despite the finances QPR has limited appeal. I can see them getting relegated and the owner losing interest in a similar manner to Portsmouth.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they will be able to do a city and buy the league though. There is too much competition for high spending clubs now. Anzi, PSG, Zenit St Petersburg, City and Chelsea are all able to spend big and despite the finances QPR has limited appeal. I can see them getting relegated and the owner losing interest in a similar manner to Portsmouth.

Perhaps, but London will always be a bigger drawcard than Makachkala or Leningrad.

They can pack their team in with youth a la Porto and reap the benefits from that, instead of going for the established stars like we and other noveau riche clubs have traditionally done.

Perhaps, but London will always be a bigger drawcard than Makachkala or Leningrad.

They can pack their team in with youth a la Porto and reap the benefits from that, instead of going for the established stars like we and other noveau riche clubs have traditionally done.

Maybe, but as soon as these players progress they will move onto better teams, as tarrabt tried to do and probably will eventually do. Also their current transfer actions do not suggest young players being brought in. M'bia is a good buy, but Julio Cesar is ageing and they also bought Rob Green, suggesting that their transfer organisers are not properly looking at targets and then buying them but rather just frantically purchasing players.

QPR have 37 first team pro's on their books :o

29 in the squad this season, 6 frozen out in the reserve's and 2 out on loan.

Their team is so overcrowded, Sparky even began buying replacements for players he bought in the same window, the fuck?

Really dont understand this " It;s the biggest game for them, but for us, godly creatures, we dont give a shit" attitude some have on here.

It is a derby, and unlike most other derbies, this one at Loftus Road came as a shock to us last season, and has become one of unequals, but fearsome and hot blooded.

I certainly look forward to it.

And while i know we are a bigger club with bigger fish to fry, that doesnt take away from the fact that it is a west london Derby, and for a change, QPR fans take it seriously.

Chelsea Fulham derby has no passion or derby feeling. If anything, we should embrace this rivalry and derby atmosphere before this game.

The Chelsea money might be coming from Russia, but we are still a west London club, and must not be too High headed for a battle, however unmatched it may be.

Interesting pieces of Trivia,

1. Many QPR fans favourite game against Chelsea was a 6–0 victory on Easter Monday in 1986.[3] Chelsea were second in the league table at the time, and the result all but ended their title challenge.

2. The teams met in a competitive match for the first time since 1996, when drawn to face each other in the FA Cup 3rd Round on 5 January 2008.[4] Chelsea won 1–0 thanks to a first-half own goal by Lee Camp. There was trouble after this game; this led to 23 arrests and 1 fan being taken to hospital.[5]

3. On 28 July 2001. QPR stunned the £50 million Chelsea line-up by beating them 3–1. Jesper Gronkjaer gave Chelsea a first-half lead, but QPR got an equaliser from Leroy Griffiths and then took lead from a long range effort by Karl Connolly. QPR confirmed the win when Gavin Peacock, also a former Chelsea player, scored late on.[7] This game was marred by crowd trouble and saw both sets of fans enter the pitch.

4. On 23 October 2011, Chelsea lost 1–0 to a newly promoted QPR in the first Premier League match between the sides since 1996. In a feisty encounter during which the Chelsea players were unable to cope with the hostile atmosphere generated by the QPR fans, players clashed on several occasions, with 9 Chelsea players and 2 QPR booked, and 2 Chelsea players, José Bosingwa and Didier Drogba were sent off.

So we have been beaten by them more than a few times on the pitch, and both sets of supporters have beaten each other off the pitch as well.

I actually feel excited by this fixture, specially after last season at Loftus Road...

No reason to be have a superiority complex! Just Embrace what has presented itself, and obviously ....thrash them!