Oscar

themightyblue

Off to a great start. 1 goal down, 19 to go. Oscar and Hazard should both be aiming for 20 goals.

Lately? :noexpression: Oscar has always been very good at the defensive side of the game.

So you've always seen him coming flying in with high studs on his tackles at both ends of the pitch? I noticed a change from good/very good to impressive and I pointed it out. Maybe we were watching two different players when he first joined.

I remember at least two tackles in the second half that are not here. One of them he literally threw himself on the ball, in the left side of our attack. We've lost the ball and he stopped Hull from having the counter attack. His work rate is really impressive.

The boy is wonderful and although I believe he was tired - clearly noticeable in the second half - he seems more confident to play and more comfortable as well. I sound like a broken record because all my posts in this thread say the same, but I can't help myself: his 1-2 plays, his pass and his vision of the game are really impressive. He makes is all seem easy because he keeps it simple, but he's very smart in his quiet way. Sometimes he goes too quiet, but it's partially because he's still tired, and partially because that's Oscar... he does stay quiet a bit in the matches - saving energy it seems.

Mourinho will have a challenge in his hand choosing between Oscar, Eden, Kevin and Mata for the 3 behind the striker. I think Oscar is ahead of the others because of his defensive skills and stats because the other three are way behind in that aspect. If we had two players with his defending skills we would probably struggle a bit more to be in the first 11. But seeing how he's the only one good at it (Eden improved a lot, and Kevin does it, but still not as near as Oscar, and Mata doesn't defend to save his life), and seeing how Mourinho really cherishes this in a player, I think he's secured his place in the first team - rotation aside.

I didn't see his goal here ;)

tumblr_mrs0pmqNzA1r3p0vko3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mrs0pmqNzA1r3p0vko4_r1_250.gif

that's finishing class

i like oscar..but i would start mata over oscar anyday..

I'd start Mata any day over Oscar as well if it was all about Mata getting us goals... the thing is we don't have the strongest pivot around and all our AM except Oscar barely defend if they defend at all. So it's a big exposure for dangerous teams... especially fast ones.

It's not only about adding goals and assists... if we go back to last year when we conceded because our defence wasn't properly covered and protected (although the defence itself was fragile many times) no matter how better Mata is compared to Oscar, we'll continue to concede goals because our midfield is sort of too light.

This is a team and as such we should look for balance. Also I don't think Oscar and Mata are fighting for the same position. Oscar will start under Mourinho, the discussion was just if he should be played in the center or in the wing. I think once Mata is fit is de Bruyne who is leaving, not Oscar.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1713?cc=5901

Read this and appreciate the value he brings to this team

"Oscar might be Europe's most selfless, responsible playmaker."

couldn't agree more.

And he used the same graphic I've used in a an article a couple of months ago :P

hazard oscar mata..is the best we can put in terms of balance...mourinho told that he likes wrong footed wingers...mata will replace debruyne on RW..but it doesnt matter all players interexchange their positions

I like how he started retaining possession after we went 2-1 up. That's intelligence, making time run out and breaking up the tempo of the game. By the way that pass to hazard took out three villa defenders I want to see more of that, not only from him but also hazard, mata, kdb and lamps. Who are all capable.

I like how he started retaining possession after we went 2-1 up. That's intelligence, making time run out and breaking up the tempo of the game. By the way that pass to hazard took out three villa defenders I want to see more of that, not only from him but also hazard, mata, kdb and lamps. Who are all capable.

Think that's because Mourinho shifted him deeper into midfield with Lampard and Ramires to keep possession. You could see him receiving the ball from the CBs and then passing it around.

Think that's because Mourinho shifted him deeper into midfield with Lampard and Ramires to keep possession. You could see him receiving the ball from the CBs and then passing it around.

Nope. He does that on his own even when he plays for brazil especially in confed. Cup final against spain when brazil were 3-0 up he just sat deep and distributed the ball to run out time its part of his game.