Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Sturridge has always been seen as the bigger talent, even when both were at CFC.

Yeah but its not always about talent. If Sturridge had the attitude to work willingly for his team like Fabio does or the attitude to try and improve different aspects of him game etc he'd be further ahead. Daniel just seems to prefer to tell the press he'd like to play as a CF then basically hog the ball constantly on the pitch and do nothing for the team. You don't see Sturridge running up and pressing the opposition when they have the ball or tracking back to help his full back.

Yeah but its not always about talent. If Sturridge had the attitude to work willingly for his team like Fabio does or the attitude to try and improve different aspects of him game etc he'd be further ahead. Daniel just seems to prefer to tell the press he'd like to play as a CF then basically hog the ball constantly on the pitch and do nothing for the team.

This imaginary attitude that Sturridge has isn't what has prevented him from the CF spot this season. It's his injuries.

Also, how many times has Danny come out to say he wants to play CF? Don't act like its every interview - it's usually the press asking him the same question, not him screaming every week that he wants to play upfront. Plus to say that all Sturridge has done is "hog the ball and do nothing" is a bit over the top and mainstream, I'm sure you know better than that Ryan, you have pretty good football knowledge.

He's started twice this season only and has only come on for the last 10 minutes in most games. It's hard to judge someone fairly on that basis. It'll be a good move for him in my opinion, just a shame it couldn't work out here if true.

So you want our board who could potentially be bringing Falcao in to 'fuck off' while one of our players has (apparently) given the "OK" to joining one of our biggest and most hated rivals. Makes sense.

Did you not read what I wrote or do you simply not understand what my point was?

The point here is that Danny is young, he has alot of potential that is being wasted while that blonde cunt has 10 times the playtime Danny has. The point is also that it is retarded that they would even let him go (whatever his destination would be) without giving him an honest chance.

So apparently, we are going to offload Lampard, Cole and Sturidge...all homegrown players. If this is true, I hope they have backup for this. I doubt we will see McEchran, Van Anholt, or Feruz, Bamford or someone else from our youth in the first team next season. I wish him luck if he really leaves, and I am sure he will shine in Liverpool...

This imaginary attitude that Sturridge has isn't what has prevented him from the CF spot this season. It's his injuries.

Also, how many times has Danny come out to say he wants to play CF? Don't act like its every interview - it's usually the press asking him the same question, not him screaming every week that he wants to play upfront. Plus to say that all Sturridge has done is "hog the ball and do nothing" is a bit over the top and mainstream, I'm sure you know better than that Ryan, you have pretty good football knowledge.

He's started twice this season only and has only come on for the last 10 minutes in most games. It's hard to judge someone fairly on that basis. It'll be a good move for him in my opinion, just a shame it couldn't work out here if true.

Yes his injuries have prevented him from playing as a CF this year sometimes but the games he was fit and didn't start made me wonder: does Robbie have no faith in him or does he lack commitment in training or just not cut out to be a top 4 club CF? I over exaggerated the bit about the interviews maybe but he has said it a few times. Hes not a ball hogg as in a guy who always has the ball but as in such but he makes ridiculous decisions like instead of playing a simple pass he takes extra touches trying to do it himself - perhaps being over ambitious - kind of ball hogg.

I think a lot of us would like to see him work for the team more, especially since hes usually on the wings and our fullbacks are constantly exposed, he needs to do the dirty work rather than make half a challenge and leave it to the others thinking "they will tackle him its ok". Fans love that sort of players, players who are always fighting for the team, give 110% each game etc. I don't think Sturridge is that sort of player. You seen Drogba constantly battling away at CBs when the team was struggling and trying to get up the pitch, most recently that two Barca games, the Valencia game in the group stages and the game vs Bayern. He was immense, did everything, won nearly every aerial battle, closed down CBs whenever he could, got back and cleared corners, everything you'd want.

The games Danny started he was very poor in all honesty as well. That WBA game his finishing was actually ridiculous, could have scored at least 3 goals himself but fluffed his chances. Don't get me started on Torres though, I've nearly punched televisions with rage over how shit he is at finishing. That Capital One Cup game vs United Danny wasn't much better, right enough he scored but apart from that did very little.

Spot on

He was available for 14 matches this season which is a total of 1260 minutes this season and played 320 minutes.

The one game he started instead of Torres he only started because Torres was suspended.

Despite everything over the last 3 years he has a better goal per minute ratio than the blond bugger.

Outscored Torres; Anelka and Drogba's combined tally while on loan at Bolton for half a year leading their line.

Had as many Goals(9) that won us points as our top contributor and penalty taker Lampard last season despite not playing much in the second part of the season. Those were goals which either opened the scoring; equalized or put us in front - of which Torres only had one against Swansea in the game he got send off.

Was asked to play in a new position in his first season as a first team player at Chelsea and performed as well as anyone in the first part of our season.

Borini being better than Sturridge at this point, is a fucking joke simple as that.

i think its the case that RDM and oher coaches did not like him in terms of attitude or what he brings to the team (ever since he came to the club there hae been the odd report that fellow players and coaches have taken him aside asking him to be more humble in training) and along with injuries has limited his time on the pitch. Not becuase of some conspiacy to keep Torres happy as some keep preaching about.

I just don't see how his chances of being the main striker will improve at Liverpool

Was asked to play in a new position in his first season as a first team player at Chelsea and performed as well as anyone in the first part of our season

Let's not forget he also performed as worse as anyone in the second half of the season :D

Let's not forget he also performed as worse as anyone in the second half of the season :D

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head. Everyone was fighting for each other and performing reasonably well then Sturridge was just doing sweet fuck all. Remember that 0-0 Arsenal game, if he had his "pass" head screwed on he could have squared the ball for Mata or Torres I think for a tap in and we would have likely won 1-0...

Not too sure I believe this 'to Liverpool deal' as much as I did as The Times are now reporting that Arsenal are in talks to sign Huntelaar and something about £100k a week wages.

It just seems odd that they would 'break' these stories both tonight/tomorrow without other major media outlets picking up on them first. It's not like The Times have a big stack of secret football agents with inside news.

Yes his injuries have prevented him from playing as a CF this year sometimes but the games he was fit and didn't start made me wonder: does Robbie have no faith in him or does he lack commitment in training or just not cut out to be a top 4 club CF? I over exaggerated the bit about the interviews maybe but he has said it a few times. Hes not a ball hogg as in a guy who always has the ball but as in such but he makes ridiculous decisions like instead of playing a simple pass he takes extra touches trying to do it himself - perhaps being over ambitious - kind of ball hogg.

I think a lot of us would like to see him work for the team more, especially since hes usually on the wings and our fullbacks are constantly exposed, he needs to do the dirty work rather than make half a challenge and leave it to the others thinking "they will tackle him its ok". Fans love that sort of players, players who are always fighting for the team, give 110% each game etc. I don't think Sturridge is that sort of player. You seen Drogba constantly battling away at CBs when the team was struggling and trying to get up the pitch, most recently that two Barca games, the Valencia game in the group stages and the game vs Bayern. He was immense, did everything, won nearly every aerial battle, closed down CBs whenever he could, got back and cleared corners, everything you'd want.

The games Danny started he was very poor in all honesty as well. That WBA game his finishing was actually ridiculous, could have scored at least 3 goals himself but fluffed his chances. Don't get me started on Torres though, I've nearly punched televisions with rage over how shit he is at finishing. That Capital One Cup game vs United Danny wasn't much better, right enough he scored but apart from that did very little.

First of all all young players make ridiculous decisions especially if they are played out of position as was the case last season with Sturridge. Despite that he doesn't loose the ball as often as Torres; has more touches when he plays because he is more mobile and easier to find and doesn't walk into 4 defenders loosing the ball constantly the way Torres does. He also doesn't hesitate the way Torres does, when he has a chance alone against the keeper. The only reason he was not played is obviously the instructions RdM had about playing Torres at all costs. The first time Torres was dropped RdM promptly got the sack and the only coach to ever get Torres into the World Class bracket was brought in by our Board with pretty obvious motives.
I love the fact you talk about Sturridge leaves our full backs exposed but when Hazard or Mata do the same no one is making the same criticism and during the same time frame last season in my opinion Sturridge was better than Hazard has been thus far this year. Drogba is an anomaly, comparing other striker's defensive work to Drogba when he was fussed is virtually a contest that no player can possibly win.
HE STARTED TWO GAMES FOR FUCK SAKE Sturridge in his two full games is 89% passing completion against United in the Capital One Cup(20 more passes than Welbeck* or Hernandez) and 85% against WBA(a game in which he made more passes than Moses and Torres), the average passing completion for Torres this season is 70%. This shows that despite the tag of a greedy player who never passes - statistically you are off the mark. Just a very bad decision maker sometimes. He had 3 key passes against United(third highest behind Mata and Hazard naturally); two key passes against WBA(as many as Moses & Mata had).
Anyone who thinks that Torres has started all our games apart from two due to how hard he trains and footballing reasons is out of their freaking mind

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head. Everyone was fighting for each other and performing reasonably well then Sturridge was just doing sweet fuck all. Remember that 0-0 Arsenal game, if he had his "pass" head screwed on he could have squared the ball for Mata or Torres I think for a tap in and we would have likely won 1-0...

What about Man Shitty game where he provided the assist and won us the penalty or this pretty chart below:

goals2_medium.png

*Game Changing Goals - GCG

this is not the time to blame RDM or anyone else ,,, Face things as they are ,,,

1 do you want Torres as our Number 1 striker .

2 do you want Sturridge as Number1

for me it is a resounding NO to both questions.

as I believe neither is now willing to be back up ...I repeat get rid of both in the window

First of all all young players make ridiculous decisions especially if they are played out of position as was the case last season with Sturridge. Despite that he doesn't loose the ball as often as Torres; has more touches when he plays because he is more mobile and easier to find and doesn't walk into 4 defenders loosing the ball constantly the way Torres does. He also doesn't hesitate the way Torres does, when he has a chance alone against the keeper. The only reason he was not played is obviously the instructions RdM had about playing Torres at all costs. The first time Torres was dropped RdM promptly got the sack and the only coach to ever get Torres into the World Class bracket was brought in by our Board with pretty obvious motives.
I love the fact you talk about Sturridge leaves our full backs exposed but when Hazard or Mata do the same no one is making the same criticism and during the same time frame last season in my opinion Sturridge was better than Hazard has been thus far this year. Drogba is an anomaly, comparing other striker's defensive work to Drogba when he was fussed is virtually a contest that no player can possibly win.
HE STARTED TWO GAMES FOR FUCK SAKE Sturridge in his two full games is 89% passing completion against United in the Capital One Cup(20 more passes than Welbeck* or Hernandez) and 85% against WBA(a game in which he made more passes than Moses and Torres), the average passing completion for Torres this season is 70%. This shows that despite the tag of a greedy player who never passes - statistically you are off the mark. Just a very bad decision maker sometimes. He had 3 key passes against United(third highest behind Mata and Hazard naturally); two key passes against WBA(as many as Moses & Mata had).
Anyone who thinks that Torres has started all our games apart from two due to how hard he trains and footballing reasons is out of their freaking mind

What about Man Shitty game where he provided the assist and won us the penalty or this pretty chart below:

goals2_medium.png

*Game Changing Goals - GCG

Yes Mata and Hazard also leave our fullbacks exposed its ridiculous.

I don't like Sturridge as a player, hes overrated, arrogant and doesn't warrant a starting role as a CF at Chelsea (neither does Torres, I've been saying we need two top strikers for a while). He would be a good winger(inside forward kind) if he made better decisions and worked much harder instead of being lazy. His finishing isn't great. Apparently he has attitude problems etc.

this is not the time to blame RDM or anyone else ,,, Face things as they are ,,,

1 do you want Torres as our Number 1 striker .

2 do you want Sturridge as Number1

for me it is a resounding NO to both questions.

as I believe neither is now willing to be back up ...I repeat get rid of both in the window

I don't blame RdM it was a clear case decision which was made over his head. I very much doubt any manager would be happy to only have two strikers available while challenging for multiple titles and having one of those players being a guy who could not score in 24 hours of football in the season before hand being the automatic first choice. It was obvious from his sacking that Torres was supposed to play whenever available.

Selling Sturridge to an EPL team is BAD BUSINESS.

He is a good player and as he showed at Bolton, not renowned for their intricate build up play, he can deliver when questioned.

Under AVB he was probably our best and most consistent player.

He is 10 times the player that Wellbeck is and yet Wellbeck starts for United. If Studge had SAF managing him, he would be immense.

All of you happy that he's going - you might regret it come next season. 12 million is a bargain...

Sell Studge for 12 million to buy Bony? Sounds sensible!!!! Back to FM then... Next we will be linked to Babacar!!!