FIFA Ultimate Team Thread

Melanicus

Depends, search for the players price in their current formation and in the new desired one. Then do the math and search for formation cards...

Usually, the top priced formations (433, 41212, 423) are cheaper to buy the players...

You have been watching to much Chelsea with Torres in the Line-up mate... :D

So haven't posted on here in a while, but I'm going to start off with a lovely rant...

Haven't been playing much UT the last week or so as the servers seem to be pretty dodgy at the moment since I managed to get relegated to division 2 twice in the span of a few days thanks to 5 DNFs in each of two seperate division 1 seasons - which was absolutely ridiculous.

& only to add further insult to my extremely varied UT experience, most of them actually occurred after full time once I had already beaten my opponents & pressed 'leave match' - yet somehow even winning 7-1 couldn't save me from being EAed & getting the automatic DNF loss.

Now usually I don't mind getting relegated to division 2 since I generally accept that it was down to faults/general retardation in the game that are completely out of my control - & it's somewhat a blessing in disguise in a sense since you technically earn more coins if you can go straight back up via winning the div 2 title; & I inevitably always do so. But nevertheless it fucked me off royally to have to deal with that kind bullshit as it also wasted a solid few hours of my life playing & winning matches for absolutely nothing but the redundant expense of morale, fitness & contract cards.

I've never rage quit a match in my entire time playing competitive matches online - & trust me that has been no easy feat considering I have come up against some of the biggest cunts the world of FIFA has ever seen - yet somehow I end up losing so many matches purely due to EA deciding to disconnect me from UT mid-match, or more recently, even post-victory - which is simply the most frustrating thing conceivable for me as a fairly serious FIFA enthusiast who already has to try to overcome random lag during many matches.

They have really got to sort this shit out next year cuz it does get to a point where it really turns me off from even bothering to play if I randomly get disconnected from 3 matches in a row - & it is by no means a rare occasionally inconvenient occurence either seeing as I have been relentlessly plagued by it since the very first day that I picked up the game.

Basically...

EA = bunch of twats :rant:

Nevertheless, I shall perservere this week in the hope that my fortunes may turn around a little...but obviously keeping my expectations as low as possible is probably the only reasonable way to avoid smashing the disc & pummelling my controller to a pulp.

Anyway onto more positive things - prior to the last week or so of UT hell - I managed to take up some serious trading & amass a fuckload of coins within a matter of days. I had absolutely no idea it was so easy to make so much bank just trading continuously on the web app with low-end rare golds & using my entire small fortune to buy up & quick sell non-rares for instant guaranteed percentage profit. If only I had been bothered enough to do this from the start, I may have been a (virtual) millionaire by now lol!

In any case, this was all done with a clear objective in mind. & although it took a fair bit of commitment to the cause - I finally managed to obtain the 145K I had so dearly sought in order to enable the purchase of one of the more elusive pieces of my final UT puzzle - that fucking beastly IF Gerrard :D

The original plan for my coins was the Maicon I have been after for some time, but once I got to 80K I was just like 'fuck it, might as well hold out for the one I really want'.

& let me tell you all - he was definitely worth it B)

I mean don't get me wrong, normal Gerrard was plenty good enough, but his IF truly does him justice & brings him up to the same level as IF Lamps & Wilshere. Now I can honestly say that I have a more-than-overpowered central trio that manage to dominate & dictate the game completely as well as decide tight matches when I need them most.

Passing & dribbling is brilliant & his defending is a lot better too - but fuck me, his long shots are almost unsaveable if you get the right power behind them - scores way more often than his normal card managed for me & even if the keeper gets his hands on it that's often not enough to keep it out of the net.

The slight pace boost is also a nice perk, he surprisingly manages to outrun & fend off a lot of players due to his strength & aggression - so even if pace is big part of your game, I don't believe you'll find him lacking in that by any means; certainly not for a central midfielder.

So yer here's my updated first team as it stands at the moment - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099502/

Been giving Luiz & Vertonghen a lot of games as well next to either of JT/Kompany depending on the team I'm up against which has worked well - any serious Welliton/Emineke/Reus pace abusing types then I just sub on Luiz with Kompany & they deal with that bullshit like bosses. Only thing is when I don't have JT or Vertonghen in the team I tend to concede from corners & crosses a lot more easily which is annoying, & don't score as many headers myself - but I guess it's the price you pay for pace.

Anyway, my dilemma now is that I have 90K save up & I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it.

I'm tempted by Maicon as usual, but I've found that Walker is actually fantastic despite his defensive positioning being absolutely atrocious. Manages to catch up to almost anyone even when he's caught ahead of the play & strong enough to go make the tackle too - as well as chipping in with some awesome long range goals.

I'm just not sure that Maicon is going to be all that much better being the reason for my hesitation. If anyone has used him before, it would be an enormous favour if you could give me some sort of brief review on how he plays in game before I splash my cash on what may be no more than a luxury 'glory signing'.

I would also love to try out Van Persie - but at the same time I have no qualms with Berba & he continues to score some brilliant goals every couple games & cause general chaos in & around the box. I was thinking I could pick him up along with Mata to rotate & save fitness cards since Dembele & Berba play every match along with Lamps/Gerrard/Wilshere, so it's definitely something I'm considering.

Would love IF Suarez too, but last I checked he's like 250-300K or something ridiculous so don't think that's worth it whatsoever.

I'm also not jumping into a decision just yet since I'm kind of hoping for some cool reasonably-priced IFs in this week that I could save up for, maybe IF Enrique if he goes down in price a little, but if he's 150K+ then don't think he's worth it over Cole. Ideally I need Ashley to have a blinder today or Baines to score a hat trick next week haha.

However, this might be a good chance for me to finally fill out another alternative 'first team' to mix things up as well.

I've actually already completed my Belgian-based team to use for cup matches or occasional season fixtures when key first team players are suspended - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/5094304/

Still getting to grips with it, but offensively it's pretty awesome I must say - goals seem to come from everywhere! But I do concede more often than I would like since I attack so much ha.

But yer I'm keen on trying out a few different players from different leagues & such so I've drafted up a some nice teams as well if anyone is interested in some ideas for their own:

- This Bundesliga hybrid is probably the one I want to try most due to Schweinsteiger, Reus & the IFs (Badstuber is interchangable for Dante/Boateng so will test them all out) & is ideal since I already have Kompany/Dembele/Walker in that formation so it's definitely affordable - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6345124/#squad-player

- There's also the 4-4-1-1 anti-pace abuse team that I posted before, would be an extremely affordable option & I already have a few players, but the only real reason I would take that over the one above is Schurrle, & I'm not sure that's enough to justify it - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/5297245/

- I've only just discovered that there's still a Witsel Benfica card out there as well, so that makes him the perfect fit alongside Moutinho & Aimar, & again I already have a few of the players in this team so wouldn't cost too much to make it - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6342120/

- This is a more expensive alternative that I would have to spend some time saving up for, but nevertheless an extremely overpowered team that would probably rape shit up. But I guess those coins would be better spent on some IFs for my first team in all reality - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/6342380/#squad-player

- Lastly I made a solid Serie A side that is nicely balanced, but I guess for the amount of coins it's going to take to build, it's not something I'm seriously considering at the moment - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/5620617/

Anyway sorry for the long post, hopefully some of you guys will find it kind of interesting/helpful :halo:

PS: Hutch mate I read your post about your team - that's fucking awful! Like seriously, how does that shit even happen? If I was you I would be right up EA's arses by now, or at least making a meal out of it on youtube or something haha. Give KSI a call & get him to sort it for you lol.

PPS: Ollie - BUY IF LAMPARD/GERRARD NAO! You won't regret it :D

Those Bale and Robben cards are just scary good, i'm selling my whole club, i can't do this any more. If they keep on bringing out players like this, the temptation to spend more will be stupid. Time to eBay FUT 13 off early and sort my life out lmao. If anyone gets a TIF Bale card, i envy the fuck out of you. He's going for around 1.7mill which is fucked up. He will be a devastating striker. Those stats... he's the best player on the game, no way is Messi's 94 rated card better than Bales 88. No way. And the Robben one, fuck me. It's so rare and hard to get a player like this in a pack and to accumulate coins to buy such a player you'd have to spent 10 hours on the game a day lol. FUT is for the rich boys i'm afraid. Not for me any more.

i've got so much in my club, time to EMPTY!

They need to revamp FUT for FIFA 14 because tbh it's shit and scrpited beyond belief.

Robben will be good but again better if he was CAM. His dribbling and his cutting in and shooting are just deadly but as in real life, he's easy ish to contain as you pointed out, his weak foot is non existent so everyone cuts in.

Bale could even be used as CDM, it's scary. He was a LB before and knows how to defend too. Without doubt the best player on FUT this year. His TOTS version will be obscene.

Kept tabs on a Bale in my watch list, the cunt went for 2,110,000 coins. That translates into about £350. This game is going way too far, waaaay overboard. When i'm rich one day, i will come back to FUT but seriously until then, i'll just play seasons lol i've actually had great fun playing as Chelsea this morning, won almost every game, up to division 3 now.

So far i'm on about 600k, should be able to get another 50k hopefully and then i will eBay it soon, within the next hour. Looking to get £100 ish. I'll then create a team full of discard value wank just to accumulate coins and make money with lol.

The funny way to sell FUT coins on eBay. Just hope they don't take the listing down as it's not actually allowed on eBay, you need to be discreet like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200902099295?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I'm selling 600,000 coins at £15 per 100,000 so basically £90. Shame i can't list it for just 1 day for a buy now price but oh well, will know after Yids-Arse if it sold.

My main team is coming along rather nicely now!

I have Mata, Suarez, Tevez, Fellaini and Lucas Moura as my attack right now, and I'm trying to sell as many Formation cards as possible to make profit, and to have enough in the bank to get Petr Cech!

My back four are all English, but to be fair, they're pretty shit!! :lol:

Ok done what i shoulda done the first time, listed it as a cheat guide, twat! Anyway i've had a bid of £70. Auction ends in the morning, then i have 6 months to accumulate another few hundred thousand coins if i can be arsed without spending a penny, if i can even afford to buy a team!

Would like to get more than £70 but i'll be glad to get rid, it will probably save me around £200 in the long run.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200902521259?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649