Luke Shaw

Joker10

We are paying for his nationality. If he was Bulgarian, he would cost 10-15m max!

I'm happy that you are pricing our footballers so highly but they would cost little more than 5m only because Chelsea want them. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filipe Luis ruled out a move today buddy, says he has 3 more years left on his contract and no intention to quit. guess its Ricardo Rodriguez / Moreno unless we plan to do a willian or salah on united lol

Would be great to have an English future star in shaw, however he is too expensive.. Moreno or Rodriguez would be other options

Was over on the Man U board and they are worried that shaw will sign for us.. They feel the longer this deal takes to become official, that shaw will sign with us.. I have a feeling shaw will be a united player next year because they are willing to pay 27+ for him.

We should sign him, even if it is for 25 million.

He is english, and he is a fantastic ball player as well as a defender.

he CAN cross the ball really well.

We need a player like him, as a successor to Ashley cole.

25 million for a 7-8 year stint is worth the money.

He isnt even at his peak yet. And when he plays with the WC players we have, i can imagine him becoming that much better instantly.

I'm happy that you are pricing our footballers so highly but they would cost little more than 5m only because Chelsea want them. :D

Yes and no. Chelsea got Salah for a bargain IMO. If he was English, he would have cost £30m + for a fact!

No left back in the world is worth £25m + if FFP wasn't something we were held back by, I'd say let's do it. The money is better spent elsewhere though.

£25 million is a lot but it's not too bad. If he's the full-back we all hope he can be for the next 12 years then it's actually a bargain. The problematic part is probably the wages to be honest. £100k p/w is a crazy amount and it sets him up to be earning 200-250k p/w by the time he's 27 with the way wages are going.

With the money we've got from transfers and the wages we're saving then it's very doable, and it's not like we need to spend massively elsewhere (beyond Costa).

£25 million is a lot but it's not too bad. If he's the full-back we all hope he can be for the next 12 years then it's actually a bargain. The problematic part is probably the wages to be honest. £100k p/w is a crazy amount and it sets him up to be earning 200-250k p/w by the time he's 27 with the way wages are going.

With the money we've got from transfers and the wages we're saving then it's very doable, and it's not like we need to spend massively elsewhere (beyond Costa).

We still need to sign a partner for Matic....which will probably cost 30-40 million depending on the player

We still need to sign a partner for Matic....which will probably cost 30-40 million depending on the player

And we have more than enough in the coffers to afford that. Let's say we get Shaw for around £25m, we still have £15m~£25m left from Luiz's transfer alone. Add in the money we saved from January, plus wages saved from not renewing a few contracts, plus the impending sales from the likes of Ba, Mikel, Bertrand, Romeu etc; and not to forget the rest of our actual summer budget (minus the Costa transfer)... It's more than affordable.

We should still have a fair amount of money leftover after the Costa purchase to do both, but unless the Pogba move is actually on then I'd be surprised if we spent that much on a midfielder.

I do not really think that the fee is the big issue with Shaw. The money remaining from January in combination with the Luiz fee can basically cover Shaw and Costa by itself. I am also quite certain that players like Moses, Marin, Romeu and one of Torres/Ba will leave, they will propably add £15-20m between them.
Chelsea also have a transfer budget that is unrelated to sales that is not exactly unsubstantial.

The team could propably see additions like Shaw (£30m), Costa (£32m) & Pogba/Vidal (£50m) without having more than a ~£35m net spend, and would still see an overall decline in wages.

The issue is whether it is worth paying £30m and £100k/week for an 18-year old who while good does in no way yet warrant such money. The issue becomes more complicated when we add cheaper options (that include better players) such as Moreno and Rodriguez (and possibly Sandro).
I would not be sad if we ended up with Shaw, but I would propably feel more Confident about the upcoming season with RR in leftback.
I also consider that Mou played Ivanovic as right back because of his aerial ability, and I know which one of Shaw and RR is better in the air.
If Cesar is going to displace Ivanovic then we would have two players on the flanks who are weak aerially.

I also consider that Mou played Ivanovic as right back because of his aerial ability, and I know which one of Shaw and RR is better in the air. If Cesar is going to displace Ivanovic then we would have two players on the flanks who are weak aerially.

I wouldn't say Shaw is "weak" aerially or that RR is superior in the air. Shaw is 6 ft 1 after all and is just a pure athlete...

Shaw wins 55% of his aerial duels, so does RR, so I don't think you should be worried about that.

I wouldn't say Shaw is "weak" aerially or that RR is superior in the air. Shaw is 6 ft 1 after all and is just a pure athlete...

Shaw wins 55% of his aerial duels, so does RR, so I don't think you should be worried about that.

But whoscored.com says that Rodriguez is strong at aerial duels but Luke Shaw isn't. That's a concern.

I've also had a look on whoscored.com but can't see any mention of Luke Shaw having two legs. Until they verify this I think we should proceed with caution.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You