Chelsea - Barcelona. Big rivalry?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectable opinion.

But I was under the impression that in this site a lot of people hated Suarez. So why taking an opinion from him if you hate him sounds hypocritical!

I think you'll find it's the former Spanish football legend Luis Suarez, not the racist scumbag playing in Liverpool.

Typical of soccernet to not allude to this in their headline, designed to grab more eyeballs.

I think you'll find it's the former Spanish football legend Luis Suarez, not the racist scumbag playing in Liverpool.

Typical of soccernet to not allude to this in their headline, designed to grab more eyeballs.

I did not even click on the link. I was going by the quote the guy put.

So normally knowing only one Suarez, that's who I thought it was.

Once I click the link they say it later. But agree, they should say it in the headline, cause that headline is misleading since at present there is one Suarez most people know.

DO people not undestand English?

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Rival

noun

a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.

a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.

Competition

noun

the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.: The competition between the two teams was bitter.

a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage: Both girls entered the competition.

the rivalry offered by a competitor: The small merchant gets powerful competition from the chain stores.

a competitor or competitors: What is your competition offering?

Sociology . rivalry between two or more persons or groups for an object desired in common, usually resulting in a victor and a loser but not necessarily involving the destruction of the latter.

Chelsea and Barcelona are rivals becuase they compete against eachother.

Barcelona and Celta Vigo are rivals because they compete.

Chelsea and Aston Villa are rivals becuase they compete.

So Chelsea and Auckland City are rivals, because we'll meet them in the FIFA Club World Cup?

Bollocks.

Barcelona the so called greatest club side ever that is supposed to strike fear into eveery opponent. How embarrassing it must be for them then that we are the side they dread drawing in the Champions League and have psychological problems trying to overcome us, whilst we simply see them as a glorified Tottenham :Goober:

Do you consider this match an european classic/big rivalry? could be a big rivalry like Bayern - Madrid someday? All my friends who support Barcelona hate us, and well we dont like them neither. We had face them like ten times or more in the last decade.

I think this is the new great rivalry from modern football or could be one of them someday. Every match that we play with them finish with a lot of controversy and dramatism.

Someday? I think it already has been for a few years mate...

It's actually more intense than the "Clasico"....

Yes, because Chelsea is competing against them.

Your overusing the 'official' term of rival.

A rival in football is a team which we hate or is close to us, Like QPR, Spurs, Arsenal and to an extent Liverpool and United.

Not Barcelona, or Auckland City.

Your overusing the 'official' term of rival.

A rival in football is a team which we hate or is close to us, Like QPR, Spurs, Arsenal and to an extent Liverpool and United.

Not Barcelona, or Auckland City.

A word is what it is. Rivalry has nothing to with hate, that would be an enemy.

Even the OP admitted that his original question was different then what he wrote.

OP meant a classic.

Like he said in latin america they use the word clasico, and a clasico is known like a Brazil vs. Argentina.

Chelsea vs Barcelona got a lot more to go to reach those status.

A word is what it is. Rivalry has nothing to with hate, that would be an enemy.

Deep down you know what Shane is saying, you just don't want to be wrong.

This.

I can't imagine Stamford Bridge will be rocking too 'We all hate Sutton United' because there in the FA Cup!

I cant imagine a club rivalry to be outside of the same country.

Us and Barca rivalry isn't anything more than Milan and Barca.

Having a controversial match does not automatically make a BIG rivalry.

It'll always be an interesting game with alot of viewers, heck it even crashed twitter, but its not a big rivalry (yet)