Chelsea - Barcelona. Big rivalry?

Do you consider this match an european classic/big rivalry? could be a big rivalry like Bayern - Madrid someday? All my friends who support Barcelona hate us, and well we dont like them neither. We had face them like ten times or more in the last decade.

I think this is the new great rivalry from modern football or could be one of them someday. Every match that we play with them finish with a lot of controversy and dramatism.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we're just a small time club to them. For a rivalry to exist, there must be mutual acknowledgement that each club is of a similar stature and consistently compete for the same trophies; from their point of view, only the latter is true. If you present this idea to Barcelona fans they'll laugh at you.

Though at least their players etc. have better sense to realise that the pair of us have been rivals in Europe as we've met so often.

No, we're just a small time club to them. For a rivalry to exist, there must be mutual acknowledgement that each club is of a similar stature and consistently compete for the same trophies; from their point of view, only the latter is true. If you present this idea to Barcelona fans they'll laugh at you.

Though at least their players etc. have better sense to realise that the pair of us have been rivals in Europe as we've met so often.

Actually they consider us a great rival, but maybe some cules dont. Of course im only considering the last years.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia....ering_tiki-taka

All you have to read is the first sentence. Reading that one sentence will enrich your life.

That description is so wrong! And since when RDM set us up in a 6-3-1 formation?!

During the second leg, Di Matteo deployed a 6-3-1 formation with four full backs.

He went with a 4-5-1 to begin with and after Terry was sent off, it was then changed to a 4-5-0 or 5-4-0 with Drogba playing as an auxiliary left back!

That description is so wrong! And since when RDM set us up in a 6-3-1 formation?!

He went with a 4-5-1 to begin with and after Terry was sent off, it was then changed to a 4-5-0 or 5-4-0 with Drogba playing as an auxiliary left back!

That is why I suggested everyone read the first sentence only!

I think thet considered that Raul and Rami started as full-backs. Althought it is hard to actually tell what exact formation we played, I think it's called "Whatever gets us through"

TBH, my hate for Barca have decreased a lot after knocking them out of the semis. I thiink I feel that justice has been restored.

I think it was a 6-3-1, I saw it as more like this:

21b248c438116cdecc5a0bd95d2fef33.png

Look cap, I know Kalou is gone and you already miss him but you don't really have to put him out on the pitch there when he didn't even start the game.

Mata was basically playing almost in his position you posted your love-one there and only later he came on to replace Mata. And there are 11 players on the pitch there.

Look cap, I know Kalou is gone and you already miss him but you don't really have to put him out on the pitch there when he didn't even start the game.

Mata was basically playing almost in his position you posted your love-one there and only later he came on to replace Mata. And there are 11 players on the pitch there.

My bad, I left Mata on. So effectively, it was a 6-3-0 :)

Oh shit, we've all gone off topic :ph34r:

Umm, yeah, basically, as I said earlier, we're but an (admittedly enormous) mosquito biting an elephant from their point of view. Take a look at barcaforum.com and see what their opinions of us are.

That is why I suggested everyone read the first sentence only!

Well, I like to read the entire thing. Anything wrong? :P

I think thet considered that Raul and Rami started as full-backs. Althought it is hard to actually tell what exact formation we played, I think it's called "Whatever gets us through"

TBH, my hate for Barca have decreased a lot after knocking them out of the semis. I thiink I feel that justice has been restored.

Raul didn't even start as full backs. He was one of the midfield 3 with Mikel and Lampard.

Yes, of course we are rivals. It's impossible to overlook the controversial clashes we've had in the last decade or so. This is a game which captivates the whole world. I feel that with every round we meet, our rivalry grows stronger and gets more acknowledged in world football. It is also considered as the ultimate showdown between total attack and total defence, kinda like a means of measurement to which philosophy prevails.

justice will only be restored when they are penalised with penalties ,,given more red cards and are denied their claims by crooked refs ....don't

expect it to happen too soon

I can't say that I hate Barcelona. I only hate the perfect image that the media's trying to make up for this club.

They probably hate Chelsea because they can't beat us when it matters. In fact, they hate every single team that is capable to counter their "tiki-taka". These are "immoral" teams, "anti-football" teams and so on. The others are decent, with high morals and respectable.

It is a big rivalry.