Chelsea - Barcelona. Big rivalry?

Well what does that got to do with what we where discussing?

That Barcelona are just as evil as every other club.

But the main idea of what he said, is that:

A. Pep revolutionized the world with what he did at Barcelona.

and

B. Barcelona still remain the benchmark despite Chelsea winning the CL.

Nothing wrong with that to me.

Nobody is saying that is wrong. Nobody. Not a single soul has said that is wrong. But Xavi has believe it or not said other things in the past! Things that do indeed piss people off.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and

Pep Guardiola is a great coach and will go down in history, but that comment from Xavi regarding Mourinho does sound arrogant. There was no need for it.

Pep Guardiola is a great coach and will go down in history, but that comment from Xavi regarding Mourinho does sound arrogant. There was no need for it.

Arrogant, yes. But then we all like arrogant people like Mourinho and SAF, right?

That Barcelona are just as evil as every other club.

Nobody is saying that is wrong. Nobody. Not a single soul has said that is wrong. But Xavi has believe it or not said other things in the past! Things that do indeed piss people off.

Meh if I forgive Mourinho for some of his stupidity...like a finger to Tito eyes, I can surely look past this and forgive Xavi.

Arrogant, yes. But then we all like arrogant people like Mourinho and SAF, right?

Meh if I forgive Mourinho for some of his stupidity...like a finger to Tito eyes, I can surely look past this and forgive Xavi.

Mourinho is at the least a very funny and charming man unlike SAF and Xavi.

So just because he is funny I am not going to hold a double standard.

I respect all 3 men.

And they all say stupid stuff, but I forgive them all.

It's not really a double standard for me. I like Mourinho because he is funny, I dislike the other two because they aren't. It has nothing to with arrogance.

and

You seem to love Barcelona, you a closet fan or something...?

This, we are rivals, but I think the question is asked wrongly.

It should be more like are Cheslea vs Barcelona a classic?

Are Chelsea vs Barcelona what would be a Liverpool vs United?

That was my intention, but i thought "a classic" was a term used only in spanish.

Xavi's recent comments have caused me to lose a lot of respect for him. He is a sore loser and all round prick it seems.

He is and has been for years now. In his own world, tiki-taka is the only way to play football. Play any other way and you would have committed a cardinal sin and should be exiled from football altogether. So many times down the years he has come out to criticize teams that play defensively against Barcelona whenever they couldn't get a win against them AND if they do beat these defensive teams, he will be saying it's "justice for football!". :doh:

Xavi's career will eventually look like chicken feed by the time Mourinho's done.

To justify his arrogance compared to Jose's, will, at that point, be rather unfair. At this time you can get away with comparing the two, but the big issue here is that Xavi and his club colleagues are painted as saints, while Jose is the evil party pooper of football. And for what? Jose, for all his faults, doesn't go about saying things like "Ricardo was suffering at Chelsea", or proclaiming moral victory regardless of the result.

That was my intention, but i thought "a classic" was a term used only in spanish.

Nah there is a derby and a classic.

I understand what you where trying to ask.

In the context of when I look at a United vs Liverpool, or a Brazil vs Argentina, then a Chelsea vs Barcelona is nowhere near that.

How can you like Chelsea and Barcelona..that's just weird.

Why it's weird?

They don't play in the same league?

But I never said I am a fan of them. It's the kids here that when ever they get into a debate and argument with me and end up with nothing more to say they call me a fan of this team.

Been called a fan of Arsenal, City, Barcelona, PSG and god knows who.

Ha! In regards to Xavi...

http://espnfc.com/en/news/1092325/spain-legend-luis-suarez-rates-andrea-pirlo-xavi.html

“I have to point out first that Italy is my home, but my heart is Spanish,” Suarez told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “These are two champions with a great sense of positioning and know how to pick the right moment to start a move. They both have experience and technique.

“They are similar players, but in my view Pirlo has more of a range, can spread the play more and seek the longer passes. It’s true Xavi gets fewer passes wrong, but that’s because he plays them short and at most will pass 20 metres to the wings, so there are fewer risks. Andrea aims for more difficult passes and that brings with it the risk of getting it wrong sometimes.

“At the end of the day, I think Pirlo is a more complete player than Xavi. Andrea strokes the ball better, which is why he’s also better with free kicks and scores a few goals. He’s also more determined in the tackle, whereas Xavi is light and just uses his positioning to defend."