The Official TC 'We Hate Arsenal' Thread

TomCFC

What's with their bitterness?

Arsenal never would have won a CL by this time even if Roman never took us over. They never had the quality to do it after the end of the Invincible era.

They had a decent shot...then Lehmann did what he did best and all went a bit tits up...I dont think they have the quality now mind.At the minute anyway.Good defence just bit crap up front.Last year they could've had a decent shot seeing how they almost came back from 4-0 down but to little to late.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sold song, everyone thought Arsene had lost the plot again.... Diaby came back and has been great for them. I actually think he's better than Song, always rated him. He neeeeeeds to be injured, hope he's out for ages but probably won't be. i hope we beat them again soon, i'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Like when you go ages without sex or when you want the sun to shine when you're freezing your arse off in January or when a cigarette smoker goes 6-7 hours without a one. I just want us to beat them again, they annoy me horribly.

And for the record, this Arsenal invincible era is a load of fucking shit and that's why i'll always hate Ruud Van Nistelrooy because if he had scored 'that' penalty, this 'invincible's' bollocks would never have happened, it still pains me if i'm honest. Fine lines they say, does anyone remember the season after? 2004/2005 we lost how many games? 1. Do you remember how? We lost 1-0 to Man City through an Anelka penalty. The penalty was given for a foul from Paulo Ferreira pulling back Anelka which was OUTSIDE the box which the ref thought was inside the box and we lost 1-0 because of that. We should be known as the invincible's instead of them. We won more trophies in that season than Arsenal did in 2004 and we gained more points in the league then they did in '04. And anyway... Invincible's? Do you really call a team invincible when they get knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League in the space of 3 days which they did? Nah i think not. I hate their invincible's tag. I see invincible as a team that win every trophy and go unbeaten in EEEEVERY tournament.

Take last season for example. We were pretty crap but we showed a hell of a lot more bottle than Arsenal showed in their 'indivisible' season. We stuck in there and won the biggest prize of all.

All i have left to say is Fuck. Arsenal.

They sold song, everyone thought Arsene had lost the plot again.... Diaby came back and has been great for them. I actually think he's better than Song, always rated him. He neeeeeeds to be injured, hope he's out for ages but probably won't be. i hope we beat them again soon, i'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Like when you go ages without sex or when you want the sun to shine when you're freezing your arse off in January or when a cigarette smoker goes 6-7 hours without a one. I just want us to beat them again, they annoy me horribly.

And for the record, this Arsenal invincible era is a load of fucking shit and that's why i'll always hate Ruud Van Nistelrooy because if he had scored 'that' penalty, this 'invincible's' bollocks would never have happened, it still pains me if i'm honest. Fine lines they say, does anyone remember the season after? 2004/2005 we lost how many games? 1. Do you remember how? We lost 1-0 to Man City through an Anelka penalty. The penalty was given for a foul from Paulo Ferreira pulling back Anelka which was OUTSIDE the box which the ref thought was inside the box and we lost 1-0 because of that. We should be known as the invincible's instead of them. We won more trophies in that season than Arsenal did in 2004 and we gained more points in the league then they did in '04. And anyway... Invincible's? Do you really call a team invincible when they get knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League in the space of 3 days which they did? Nah i think not. I hate their invincible's tag. I see invincible as a team that win every trophy and go unbeaten in EEEEVERY tournament.

Take last season for example. We were pretty crap but we showed a hell of a lot more bottle than Arsenal showed in their 'indivisible' season. We stuck in there and won the biggest prize of all.

All i have left to say is Fuck Arsenal.

well put my fellow Blue Brother ;) I love the hate. le arse fans & their club love to point to CFC at a team that doesn't deserve to be winners & that we don't have any history. Oh I love it last season when all of the goonies faithful came out to support Barca. I hope they wept when Torres rounded Valdez.

They hate Barcelona. They would never support them.

The gooners did during the springtime...Just ask Henry or even Monsieur Petit. I know...they played for both clubs, but still gooners were rooting for Barca just like Piers Morgan & that numptie writer on Soccernet :rolleyes:

Every Arsenal wanted Barca to smash us. We don't like Barca but i reckon most on here would go for Barca if they played against Arsenal just to see Arsenal suffer. I certainly would. I don't ever want to see Arsenal win the UCL. I'll die happy if i've never witnessed what would be a very dark day in my life.

So far i've seen Chelsea win everything in Europe and England and i've never seen Arsenal win the UCL or Super Cup and never seen Liverpool win the league. I'm happy for that, been a good 18 years tbh.

Every Arsenal wanted Barca to smash us. We don't like Barca but i reckon most on here would go for Barca if they played against Arsenal just to see Arsenal suffer. I certainly would. I don't ever want to see Arsenal win the UCL. I'll die happy if i've never witnessed what would be a very dark day in my life.

So far i've seen Chelsea win everything in Europe and England and i've never seen Arsenal win the UCL or Super Cup and never seen Liverpool win the league. I'm happy for that, been a good 18 years tbh.

They hate Barcelona because of Fabregas-gate(s). I think a Barca-Chelsea tie would be a nightmare for most, they wouldn't know who to support. If Barca win, then the 'Cesc thieves! Van Persie was robbed!' get to progress, if we win, the scum from down the road progress.

Most Arsenal fans i know (I knew a few, sadly) don't really care much about the Fabregas thing because they appreciate what he gave them and know he loves Barcelona. If he joined an English team, it would be different but he joined Barcelona, the team he loves and grew up with as a boy. Arsenal fans hate Nasri and Man City more than Barcelona. Think i'd say they hate Tottenham the most, then us, then City.

Quite a surprise really, still.... they have beat them in a UCL final and 2 KO rounds in a row 2010 and 2011 and took Henry and Fabregas (And Overmars & Petit) but still a bit surprised. They aint even in the same league, pathetic team (Suppose you'll show me a Chelsea one next with Barca top...)

Fabregas really left a bad taste in their mouths. It would be like us losing Drogba because some big Ivorian club wanted him (suspend all belief for a moment and pretend that ASEC Abidjan are the biggest club in the world) because he turned out for the youth academy a handful of times.

They reckon he wanted to stay, and that it was Xavi and other Catalan wankers that persuaded him/put media pressure on Arsenal to sell him.

Which is true, to an extent. Xavi is a loudmouthed, classless prick. Terry, for all his faults and how much stick he gets, would never do something as outrageous as accuse another club of holding a transfer target in thralldom, nor would JT be involved in tapping up a player in the media. If pressed for a comment he might say 'Yeah, I think player x is a good player and he'll suit us well' instead of harping on about shit like 'CESC IS SUFFERING!!! FREE CESC!'.

If suffering is being the captain of a world famous Premier League club while on hefty wages, then Xavi needs to take a long look at himself.

Here's a nice timeline which compiles the extents Barcelona went to to get their man, taken from 'Arsenalreport':

2 Oct 2009

Xavi coins the now legendary phrase “He is a football player with Barça DNA” about Cesc Fabregas in an interview with El Mundo Deportivo.

26 Dec 2009

In a response to Joan Laporta claiming he wants to enter talks with Arsenal over Fabregas, chairman Peter Hill-Wood responds in an interview with the Daily Star, saying: “I am really pissed off with Barcelona and all that nonsense. It is not the first time they have done this and it is a most disrespectful and tiresome thing to do. You would think there would be some action you could take against them, but I suppose you cannot stop the man shooting his mouth off.”

14 Apr 2010

In an interview with the Daily Express, Lionel Messi is quoted saying “Cesc has a place for Arsenal in his heart, but he has Barcelona in his blood. He will want to win win the biggest prizes in football, and I expect him to do that at Barcelona. I don’t exactly know when that will be, but I expect him to be my Barcelona team-mate again at some point.”

18 May 2010

Rafael Yuste, then vice-president of Barcelona, tells Catalonian radio station Ona FM he has been in contact with Cesc Fabregas, and that the player expressed his desire to join Barcelona. If true, Barca is in breach of FIFA rules stating you are not allowed to contact players without the written consent of their current club (usually after a transfer bid has been accepted).

20 May 2010

According to The Guardian, Barcelona urges Cesc Fabregas to publicly state that he wants to move to the Catalan club.

22 May 2010

When asked about Barcelona’s public courting of Fabregas, Peter Hill-Wood is quoted saying “It’s a funny way of doing business.”

2 Jun 2010

Xavi tells reporters “Two years ago, I said Cesc would end up playing for Barcelona, and now it is clearer than ever. He has also expressed publicly that he wants to come to Barcelona and when a player wants to move to some place he ends up going. It is clear that Cesc will come to Barcelona.”

21 Jun 2010

Joan Laporta is quoted saying “Arsenal will end up giving in, but I don’t know when that will be.”

4 Jul 2010

Sandro Rosell is seen talking to, and photographed with, Cesc’s family at the Catalunya MotoGP bike race.

12 Jul 2010

La Masia graduates Gerard Piqué, Pepe Reina and Carles Puyol “pranks” Cesc Fabregas by pulling a Barcelona shirt over his head at Spain’s celebrations for winning the World Cup.

6 Jul 2010

After almost two months of courting Fabregas publicly through the media, Sandro Rosell complains to radio station RAC1 about the publicity he’s created, saying “The whole world knows he wants to come and that we want to sign him. It is a topic that has become so public and that is the worst thing you can do with a transfer, because it makes the selling club raise their expectations and you end up paying over the odds.” Rosell also states “We will never pay €50m or €60m for Cesc.”

13 jul 2010

Gerard Piqué is quoted saying “Cesc will one day sign for Barça.”Andres Iniesta is also caught courting Fabregas in a separate interview, saying “Everybody has come out and spoken of the desire we have for him to be with us next season. We would be delighted. Not just because he is a team-mate and a friend, but because it would be great for the club.”

18 Jul 2010

Carles Puyol is quoted in the Daily Star, saying “I think Arsenal need to respect his class and show the same class by giving the guy who has given so much to them the move that he and his family want. [...] He is the future of Barcelona and Arsenal can’t do anything to stop that. I have just spent six weeks with him and there is only one club he wants to be at. [...] The worst-case scenario is that we have to wait another 12 months for him to join us – but Arsenal, Barcelona and Cesc know that is the very worst-case scenario.”

27 Jul 2010

Barcelona board spokesman Toni Freixa complains to the media about Arsenal not being willing to sell Fabregas, saying “Arsenal don’t want to sit down and negotiate with us. It’s not a problem with the wishes of Cesc or of Barça – they simply don’t want to negotiate.”

30 Jul 2010

Carles Puyol is once again caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, saying “His heart is already in Barcelona, even though we must wait another year for his body to be here.” He goes on to say “Anybody who tries to convince themselves he wanted to stay at Arsenal is wrong.” In a related interview, Gerard Pique says (after spending a holiday with Fabregas in Ibiza) that “I do not feel a club should keep a footballer who wants to leave. Especially in this case, where Cesc has done everything for Arsenal.”

6 Aug 2010

Cesc Fabregas finally publicly commits himself to Arsenal, claiming “I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100% focused on playing for Arsenal. I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch that is the only club I will be thinking about.”

11 Feb 11

In an interview with The Guardian, Xavi is quoted saying “I think that a footballer ends up playing where he wants. [Fabregas] has to end up here.”When asked about the public courting of Cesc causing trouble, Xavi responds “Really? I hardly spoke then. I imagine they wouldn’t have liked that.” He then goes on doing the thing he thinks we didn’t like, adding “I also say it because I’m thinking of Cesc. He wants to come here. Barcelona has always been his dream. This situation is a [bummer] for him.”

28 Mar 2011

Just in time for the new transfer window, Xavi is once again caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, telling Sport “I would like Cesc to come to Barca and he has also said that he wants to.”

3 Jun 2011

In an interview with Cadena COPE radio station, David Villa is quoted saying “As a player, everybody knows what Barcelona brings [for players]. And as a person, [Fabregas] deserves to return to Barcelona. His family is here and it is where he started. Having him would be a great joy and I’d be happy for him because he deserves it, and I’d be happy to have him as my team-mate.”

4 Jun 2011

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona have clearly broken FIFA tapping up rules by agreeing a five-year deal with Cesc Fabregas – without written consent from Arsenal, and before agreeing a transfer fee with the north London club.

7 Jul 2011

Speaking to Spanish news outlet EFE, Liverpool goalkeeper and fellow La Masia graduate Pepe Reina claims “Cesc wants to join Barca, that’s what he has always said.” Meanwhile, Dani Alves is quoted in an interview with RAC1 saying “I am convinced Cesc will join us. Arsenal are tourist class. Barcelona are in business class and any player would want to join us.”

In an interview with Spanish TV network laSexta, Andres Iniesta is caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, saying “Cesc? It’s possible it can happen, hopefully. We’ve talked by phone and he’s calm, awaiting the events.”

13 Jul 11

Albert Benaiges – ex-youth coach at Barcelona when Fabregas was at La Masia – attempts to re-write history, claiming “Cesc didn’t want to leave but his parents decided. Arsenal took advantage of the elections at Barca.” Meanwhile, Xavi is quoted on Barcelona’s official website, saying “I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come.”

15 Jul 11

Estanislau Fors i Garcia – the mayor of Catalan town Arenys de Mar where Cesc Fabregas grew up – wants in on the media tap-up circus, adding“We want him to come right away, he is experiencing a kidnapping. If the English are so honourable they should behave properly. [Arsene Wenger] has to stop clowning around because it’s disorienting for all of us.”

Talking about Xavi’s quotes on Barcelona’s official website, Arsene Wenger hints at the blatant instruction from Barca to their players to tap up Fabregas through the media, saying “I don’t think it’s a sentence big enough to report a club to FIFA. [The tapping up] has to stop, of course. Xavi has no direct part to play in that story and I don’t see why he should, unless he has an official job to do for Barcelona.”

Mes Que Un Club, indeed lel.gif. I do feel sorry for Arsenal, what happened over that two year period was a disgrace to football, and I would rather see that stopped than Arsenal lose a player unfairly.

Here's a nice timeline which compiles the extents Barcelona went to to get their man, taken from 'Arsenalreport':

2 Oct 2009

Xavi coins the now legendary phrase “He is a football player with Barça DNA” about Cesc Fabregas in an interview with El Mundo Deportivo.

26 Dec 2009

In a response to Joan Laporta claiming he wants to enter talks with Arsenal over Fabregas, chairman Peter Hill-Wood responds in an interview with the Daily Star, saying: “I am really pissed off with Barcelona and all that nonsense. It is not the first time they have done this and it is a most disrespectful and tiresome thing to do. You would think there would be some action you could take against them, but I suppose you cannot stop the man shooting his mouth off.”

14 Apr 2010

In an interview with the Daily Express, Lionel Messi is quoted saying “Cesc has a place for Arsenal in his heart, but he has Barcelona in his blood. He will want to win win the biggest prizes in football, and I expect him to do that at Barcelona. I don’t exactly know when that will be, but I expect him to be my Barcelona team-mate again at some point.”

18 May 2010

Rafael Yuste, then vice-president of Barcelona, tells Catalonian radio station Ona FM he has been in contact with Cesc Fabregas, and that the player expressed his desire to join Barcelona. If true, Barca is in breach of FIFA rules stating you are not allowed to contact players without the written consent of their current club (usually after a transfer bid has been accepted).

20 May 2010

According to The Guardian, Barcelona urges Cesc Fabregas to publicly state that he wants to move to the Catalan club.

22 May 2010

When asked about Barcelona’s public courting of Fabregas, Peter Hill-Wood is quoted saying “It’s a funny way of doing business.”

2 Jun 2010

Xavi tells reporters “Two years ago, I said Cesc would end up playing for Barcelona, and now it is clearer than ever. He has also expressed publicly that he wants to come to Barcelona and when a player wants to move to some place he ends up going. It is clear that Cesc will come to Barcelona.”

21 Jun 2010

Joan Laporta is quoted saying “Arsenal will end up giving in, but I don’t know when that will be.”

4 Jul 2010

Sandro Rosell is seen talking to, and photographed with, Cesc’s family at the Catalunya MotoGP bike race.

12 Jul 2010

La Masia graduates Gerard Piqué, Pepe Reina and Carles Puyol “pranks” Cesc Fabregas by pulling a Barcelona shirt over his head at Spain’s celebrations for winning the World Cup.

6 Jul 2010

After almost two months of courting Fabregas publicly through the media, Sandro Rosell complains to radio station RAC1 about the publicity he’s created, saying “The whole world knows he wants to come and that we want to sign him. It is a topic that has become so public and that is the worst thing you can do with a transfer, because it makes the selling club raise their expectations and you end up paying over the odds.” Rosell also states “We will never pay €50m or €60m for Cesc.”

13 jul 2010

Gerard Piqué is quoted saying “Cesc will one day sign for Barça.”Andres Iniesta is also caught courting Fabregas in a separate interview, saying “Everybody has come out and spoken of the desire we have for him to be with us next season. We would be delighted. Not just because he is a team-mate and a friend, but because it would be great for the club.”

18 Jul 2010

Carles Puyol is quoted in the Daily Star, saying “I think Arsenal need to respect his class and show the same class by giving the guy who has given so much to them the move that he and his family want. [...] He is the future of Barcelona and Arsenal can’t do anything to stop that. I have just spent six weeks with him and there is only one club he wants to be at. [...] The worst-case scenario is that we have to wait another 12 months for him to join us – but Arsenal, Barcelona and Cesc know that is the very worst-case scenario.”

27 Jul 2010

Barcelona board spokesman Toni Freixa complains to the media about Arsenal not being willing to sell Fabregas, saying “Arsenal don’t want to sit down and negotiate with us. It’s not a problem with the wishes of Cesc or of Barça – they simply don’t want to negotiate.”

30 Jul 2010

Carles Puyol is once again caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, saying “His heart is already in Barcelona, even though we must wait another year for his body to be here.” He goes on to say “Anybody who tries to convince themselves he wanted to stay at Arsenal is wrong.” In a related interview, Gerard Pique says (after spending a holiday with Fabregas in Ibiza) that “I do not feel a club should keep a footballer who wants to leave. Especially in this case, where Cesc has done everything for Arsenal.”

6 Aug 2010

Cesc Fabregas finally publicly commits himself to Arsenal, claiming “I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100% focused on playing for Arsenal. I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch that is the only club I will be thinking about.”

11 Feb 11

In an interview with The Guardian, Xavi is quoted saying “I think that a footballer ends up playing where he wants. [Fabregas] has to end up here.”When asked about the public courting of Cesc causing trouble, Xavi responds “Really? I hardly spoke then. I imagine they wouldn’t have liked that.” He then goes on doing the thing he thinks we didn’t like, adding “I also say it because I’m thinking of Cesc. He wants to come here. Barcelona has always been his dream. This situation is a [bummer] for him.”

28 Mar 2011

Just in time for the new transfer window, Xavi is once again caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, telling Sport “I would like Cesc to come to Barca and he has also said that he wants to.”

3 Jun 2011

In an interview with Cadena COPE radio station, David Villa is quoted saying “As a player, everybody knows what Barcelona brings [for players]. And as a person, [Fabregas] deserves to return to Barcelona. His family is here and it is where he started. Having him would be a great joy and I’d be happy for him because he deserves it, and I’d be happy to have him as my team-mate.”

4 Jun 2011

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona have clearly broken FIFA tapping up rules by agreeing a five-year deal with Cesc Fabregas – without written consent from Arsenal, and before agreeing a transfer fee with the north London club.

7 Jul 2011

Speaking to Spanish news outlet EFE, Liverpool goalkeeper and fellow La Masia graduate Pepe Reina claims “Cesc wants to join Barca, that’s what he has always said.” Meanwhile, Dani Alves is quoted in an interview with RAC1 saying “I am convinced Cesc will join us. Arsenal are tourist class. Barcelona are in business class and any player would want to join us.”

In an interview with Spanish TV network laSexta, Andres Iniesta is caught talking on Cesc’s behalf, saying “Cesc? It’s possible it can happen, hopefully. We’ve talked by phone and he’s calm, awaiting the events.”

13 Jul 11

Albert Benaiges – ex-youth coach at Barcelona when Fabregas was at La Masia – attempts to re-write history, claiming “Cesc didn’t want to leave but his parents decided. Arsenal took advantage of the elections at Barca.” Meanwhile, Xavi is quoted on Barcelona’s official website, saying “I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come.”

15 Jul 11

Estanislau Fors i Garcia – the mayor of Catalan town Arenys de Mar where Cesc Fabregas grew up – wants in on the media tap-up circus, adding“We want him to come right away, he is experiencing a kidnapping. If the English are so honourable they should behave properly. [Arsene Wenger] has to stop clowning around because it’s disorienting for all of us.”

Talking about Xavi’s quotes on Barcelona’s official website, Arsene Wenger hints at the blatant instruction from Barca to their players to tap up Fabregas through the media, saying “I don’t think it’s a sentence big enough to report a club to FIFA. [The tapping up] has to stop, of course. Xavi has no direct part to play in that story and I don’t see why he should, unless he has an official job to do for Barcelona.”

Mes Que Un Club, indeed lel.gif. I do feel sorry for Arsenal, what happened over that two year period was a disgrace to football, and I would rather see that stopped than Arsenal lose a player unfairly.

Ever consider that it wasn't Xavi's idea to tap Fabregas up? Maybe Pep pulled his arm into doing it.