Hulk

thejolta

Brazilian league is getting better, but we dont have the kind of money we have in Russia. Cotinthians é a very good team, and it wont be a surprise if they defeat Chelsea in december.

I was being immensily ironic. I think the teams (as in players that play the league) are getting better, but in every other way is not improving at all. Globo is a f* monopoly, popular clubs ruled by thievs, no proper calendar, empty stadiums, violent fans, horrible field condition, etc, etc, etc.

I dont think Corinthians can easily win Chelsea IMO. Anyone can win a football game, but it will definitely be a upset.

Sure Russia is doing a great job with its league, it was more of a joke about our country and its treatment on football...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The russian league won't become a powerhouse in time for their WC. It takes a few decades for that to happen, and it would have to grow RAPIDLY, too much ground to cover.. both competitively & commercially.

Yes, they cant get close to bundesliga, la liga and epl, but they can be the 4th force. I can really see that happening.

I was being immensily ironic. I think the teams (as in players that play the league) are getting better, but in every other way is not improving at all. Globo is a f* monopoly, popular clubs ruled by thievs, no proper calendar, empty stadiums, violent fans, horrible field condition, etc, etc, etc.

I dont think Corinthians can easily win Chelsea IMO. Anyone can win a football game, but it will definitely be a upset.

Sure Russia is doing a great job with its league, it was more of a joke about our country and its treatment on football...

I dont think Atlético de Madrid is way better than Corinthians. Chelsea is a strong team, but since last four seasons, is a team that can score 8 goals in a single match, but also can lose a 3-0 match in SB against Sunderland. I do believe Corinthians can beat Chelsea, but I did not say "easily".

25 years ago english football was in the same situation we are now in Brazil.

I dont think Atlético de Madrid is way better than Corinthians. Chelsea is a strong team, but since last four seasons, is a team that can score 8 goals in a single match, but also can lose a 3-0 match in SB against Sunderland. I do believe Corinthians can beat Chelsea, but I did not say "easily".

25 years ago english football was in the same situation we are now in Brazil.

I know this is way out of topic, but I wish to make one last post.

Atletico is Corinthians with a super star. Its like Chelsea with Hazard and whitout Hazard...not quite in the same level!

Agreed, but do some research on how they improved, innumerous tragedies. Will it take that for us to imrpove? Cant we learn from the best before anything worse occur? Right now, I dont see much progress for the near future, unless people get tired of being rapped and start a revolution, do you?

Again, sorry folks for the out of topic conversation....

Yes, they cant get close to bundesliga, la liga and epl, but they can be the 4th force. I can really see that happening.

How? Roma was the 7th best team in Italy last season, Inter the 6th best and they are quality teams. There is simply no way Russia ever comes close to that. The Russian league is right now ranked as the 9th best league in Europe by UEFA. Maybe it will climb its way past Netherlands and Ukraine but I can't see it going above that. Beyond the fact that only one team is spending money anyway (and the other teams are poor quality), even if other teams start spending money, players won't want to go to Russia for many reasons.The quality of the league is poor, the weather is awful, the language is different (not a romance language and not English), and the quality of living is low. This is all based on Zenit spending big on two transfers?

How? Roma was the 7th best team in Italy last season, Inter the 6th best and they are quality teams. There is simply no way Russia ever comes close to that. The Russian league is right now ranked as the 9th best league in Europe by UEFA. Maybe it will climb its way past Netherlands and Ukraine but I can't see it going above that. Beyond the fact that only one team is spending money anyway (and the other teams are poor quality), even if other teams start spending money, players won't want to go to Russia for many reasons.The quality of the league is poor, the weather is awful, the language is different (not a romance language and not English), and the quality of living is low. This is all based on Zenit spending big on two transfers?

1- We are talking about 6 looong years.

2- I dont even think of Zenit, if so, I would think Ligue 1 would be on top because of PSG.

3- Italy, France and Portugal economies arent in their best days.

4- There are teams spending in talents and Anzhi and Zenit spending big.

5- A great league isnt only made of big clubs, maybe a very leveled league is more enternaining.

6- WC always help with sponsors and TV.

7- They have a lot billionaires, know one?

8- Great location for Asia and Middle East market (time zone).

9- Like Spain, the polititians are very linked with the clubs, so federal and state funding might occur someday (Example, Madrid bought the Bernabeu and donated back to RM, so they in practice got money for free)

Thats all I can think of, but that is just a gut, I might be immensely wrong.

EDIT: Btw, Russia is ranked 7th.

Corinthians better than Chelsea?! LOL

Pull your head out of your ass, he didn't say they're better but only that they have a chance of beating us in a one-off game. Any team we play against have this chance but that hardly means they're all better than Chelsea.

Pull your head out of your ass, he didn't say they're better but only that they have a chance of beating us in a one-off game. Any team we play against have this chance but that hardly means they're all better than Chelsea.

He said he wouldn't be surprised. That sure as hell sounds like he's saying they're better to me...

Its so hypocrite of you, football is just like every other profession. People can go to a smaller and lesser known company to have a hgher role and payment, why cant footballers do the same?

A lot of us would do the same....

Well I can agree with you on that one.

I mean, Hulk obviously doesn't have much of ambitions by joining that club, but he'll be fine there.

Easier to play than in PL for example, high wages, nice city, good looking women etc.

The only bad side could be the weather, but still he will live like a god there.

IMO, this is not weird at all as we all know football is all about the money.

Well I can agree with you on that one.

I mean, Hulk obviously doesn't have much of ambitions by joining that club, but he'll be fine there.

Easier to play than in PL for example, high wages, nice city, good looking women etc.

The only bad side could be the weather, but still he will live like a god there.

IMO, this is not weird at all as we all know football is all about the money.

Its understandable that he went there, its just at the start of the transfer window he said he would only leave for England or Spain as he wants to play at the highest level. The Russian league is clearly a long way off the highest level so he is basically a sell out; only caring about the money. The difference between football and other businesses is that a higher position in a smaller firm and the increased pay that comes with it can greatly improve a persons lifestyle. All an increased wage packet means for Hulk is that he can buy four ridiculously priced cars rather than the three he would of had to of got; it won't drastically change his lifestyle but could stunt his football career.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You