David Luiz

the wes

whats the use of being "solid" in the french league and then not even caring enough to mark one of the best players in the world in probably the only competition that is truly competitive for PSG. that too while 1-0 up and fighting for the top spot. which is the difference between drawinf bayern/rm/chelsea or drawing shakhtar/basel for the next round!!! "solid" indeed!!!

if GC had "marked" one of the best players in the world in this way, the poor guy would by now be castrated!!!!

so glad we got rid of this fellow!!!

we always go back to this discussion and we agree to disagree.

There is solidity, which means consistency, making few mistakes. There is also limitation, technical, mental and physical, which are specially important for top clubs as the defenders will face top attackers. Though mental crosses the boundary and could be the cause for the former.

The point being that Cahill does NOT have to make the same mistakes David Luiz makes to be deemed insufficient. He might be uncomfortable on the ball, or not quick enough to play a high line for example. Then we go into characteristics, personal preferences, and we've been tehre many times before. For example, even today I see John Terry as twice the player as Cahill is. He can still go forward and make plays a lot better than Cahill.

David Luiz not being good enough, or solid enough, does NOT make Cahill good enough either.

BTW, Didier might have forgotten Cahill marking the fantastic Balotelli at the world cup.

Luiz for Brazil > Luiz for Club

He seems to step it up for Brazil.

Look he's a decent player, done some great things for us and made us a tidy profit :)

I will wish him well in every aspect of life, unless it's when facing Chelsea - then I expect howlers and blunders :)

He's an emotional player - on his day solid, off day - not so much. You can't change that and just have to accept it

we always go back to this discussion and we agree to disagree.

There is solidity, which means consistency, making few mistakes. There is also limitation, technical, mental and physical, which are specially important for top clubs as the defenders will face top attackers. Though mental crosses the boundary and could be the cause for the former.

The point being that Cahill does NOT have to make the same mistakes David Luiz makes to be deemed insufficient. He might be not comfortable enough on the ball, or not quick enough to play a high line for example. Then we go into characteristics, personal preferences, and we've been tehre many times before. For example, even today I see John Terry as twice the player as Cahill is. He can still go forward and make plays a lot better than Cahill.

David Luiz not being good enough, or solid enough, does NOT make Cahill good enough either.

BTW, Didier might have forgotten Cahill marking the fantastic Balotelli at the world cup.

and which exact way of playing suits luiz? we used to play a high line with avb and he was poor. he is so prone to lapses in concentration that defending deep is suicidal with him in the team. GC is slower and nowhere near as good on the ball as DL, but that still does not change the fact that he is a fantastic defender for CFC. he is a no nonsense defender, fantastic in the air, good at reading the game and very less prone to mistakes unlike luiz. the way we play and the system we play in, GC is head and shoulders above him.

so its basically one example you have got of GC switching off and not marking a striker. DL let anichiebe score without marking him. his performances without silva in the world cup is proof enough how exactly how poor he is.

infact, i dont get this, if JT makes GC look better, why is not the same analogy used for DL, specially when he has shown to be so poor without silva? infact, tbh, i dont know why DL is still considered as a defender. he is an awesome footballer with a range of skill set. he has already proven that he is a wonderful CDM, and he should be regarded the same. i seriously doubt any defender playing for a club like PSG (which at the moment is easily a top10 club in the world) would be caught in the position that DL was last night and that too against messi. that was actually embarrasing.

and which exact way of playing suits luiz? we used to play a high line with avb and he was poor. he is so prone to lapses in concentration that defending deep is suicidal with him in the team. GC is slower and nowhere near as good on the ball as DL, but that still does not change the fact that he is a fantastic defender for CFC. he is a no nonsense defender, fantastic in the air, good at reading the game and very less prone to mistakes unlike luiz. the way we play and the system we play in, GC is head and shoulders above him.

so its basically one example you have got of GC switching off and not marking a striker. DL let anichiebe score without marking him. his performances without silva in the world cup is proof enough how exactly how poor he is.

infact, i dont get this, if JT makes GC look better, why is not the same analogy used for DL, specially when he has shown to be so poor without silva? infact, tbh, i dont know why DL is still considered as a defender. he is an awesome footballer with a range of skill set. he has already proven that he is a wonderful CDM, and he should be regarded the same. i seriously doubt any defender playing for a club like PSG (which at the moment is easily a top10 club in the world) would be caught in the position that DL was last night and that too against messi. that was actually embarrasing.

No I don't think Cahill switched off. He was beaten by a player as physically strong as he is; Cahill offers very little else other than strength and awareness.

The "suicidal" part is your opinion as we all know, which is not shared by others including Brazil and PSG coaches. We've been down this rat hole before.

We may even agree on the CDM part. But Blanc wanted to play attractive football in Barcelona...

Luiz has been very, very solid for PSG. One mistake in months and the haters are out again in full force...

Gary Cahill would be slaughtered on a regular basis in a system like PSG's.

my thoughts exactly! I have a mate who supports psg and he just loves luiz... i miss sideshow bob tbh

edit: damn it, just realized i have to change my sig already...

Luiz has been very, very solid for PSG. One mistake in months and the haters are out again in full force...

Gary Cahill would be slaughtered on a regular basis in a system like PSG's.

Months in which they've only played against one decent team, Barcelona... others were a Cypriot pub team and the usual bang average/shit teams from the French league. You would expect a 50m defender to look at least decent against these type of opponents, don't you???

And let's be fair here, it wasn't the only mistake he did in months. Toulouse away? Monaco at home? Does it ring any bells to you?

I'm no hater, but what has Chelsea done here is the robbery of the century. A kid in a man's body, a guy prone to the silliest of errors and a defensive midfielder at best. Look at Messi's goal last night - he didn't even look over his shoulder. That's a goal that even Christensen would have avoided. And I'm not ironic, not even close.

Months in which they've only played against one decent team, Barcelona... others were a Cypriot pub team and the usual bang average/shit teams from the French league. You would expect a 50m defender to look at least decent against these type of opponents, don't you???

And let's be fair here, it wasn't the only mistake he did in months. Toulouse away? Monaco at home? Does it ring any bells to you?

I'm no hater, but what has Chelsea done here is the robbery of the century. A kid in a man's body, a guy prone to the silliest of errors and a defensive midfielder at best. Look at Messi's goal last night - he didn't even look over his shoulder. That's a goal that even Christensen would have avoided.And I'm not ironic, not even close.

Christensen is our future capitan, watch it brah.[emoji14]

One thing I will say is im absolutely delighted to see the back of him. He's the player I was most excited to see leave the club after torres. He's not our problem anymore. I just pity the poor psg fans who have to endure his amatuerish,lackadastical and brainless defending

No I don't think Cahill switched off. He was beaten by a player as physically strong as he is; Cahill offers very little else other than strength and awareness.

The "suicidal" part is your opinion as we all know, which is not shared by others including Brazil and PSG coaches. We've been down this rat hole before.

We may even agree on the CDM part. But Blanc wanted to play attractive football in Barcelona...

the best manager in the world sold DL and replaced him with a 19 year old zouma and 18 year old andreas. the brazilian coach was fired after an embarassing 7-1 and 3-0 in front of his own crowd and laurent blanc just tried to fight fire with fire against barca in camp nou, just goes on to show what kind of managers dont share my opinion about him.

luiz is a brilliant "character" and a brilliant "footballer". he gives his 120% every time he is on the pitch effort-wise and yet is prone to lapses in concentrations and massive errors in judgement. but as a defender, he is more of a liability than an asset!!!

One thing I will say is im absolutely delighted to see the back of him. He's the player I was most excited to see leave the club after torres. He's not our problem anymore. I just pity the poor psg fans who have to endure his amatuerish,lackadastical and brainless defending

I agree that he was a lacklustre defender, but I'll miss his driving runs and screamers, and of course his attitude. I wish him all the best at PSG and I hope he helps them break Lyon's 7-in-a-row record.

the best manager in the world sold DL and replaced him with a 19 year old zouma and 18 year old andreas. the brazilian coach was fired after an embarassing 7-1 and 3-0 in front of his own crowd and laurent blanc just tried to fight fire with fire against barca in camp nou, just goes on to show what kind of managers dont share my opinion about him.

luiz is a brilliant "character" and a brilliant "footballer". he gives his 120% every time he is on the pitch effort-wise and yet is prone to lapses in concentrations and massive errors in judgement. but as a defender, he is more of a liability than an asset!!!

Fair enough - that's your opinion.

Just fyi, David luiz is also an integral part of the new Brazilian side coached by dunga.

Honestly blaming one player in a trashing is kinda silly - not tennis (singles).

Fair enough - that's your opinion.

Just fyi, David luiz is also an integral part of the new Brazilian side coached by dunga.

Honestly blaming one player in a trashing is kinda silly - not tennis (singles).

he was the captain on the day. if EVER chelsea played that way and in that kind of disorganized way, i will blame JT. i swear i have seen monkey fights at the zoo which were better organized than the brazilian sides on that day.

the most important thing in a trashing are the ways you concede the first goals.

1st goal - who was he marking? what was he doing?

2nd goal - watches klose make a run behind them. watches more intently as the ball rebounds off the GK. and then keeps watching as klose takes the rebound and puts it in the back of the net.

3rd goal - who, what, where? julio cesar's reaction says it all. not marking the first man as the ball is crossed in. not marking muller (i think) as he tries to volleys it home. and ultimately kroos does.

and i can go on and on.

This was his performance on the day when brazil were supposed to create history and he was their captain. and then he goes on TV and cries his eyes out and gains everyone's symapthy. not saying it was an act but if he had shown 1% of that emotion and passion in concentrating on the play and on the pitch, things would have been way more different.

he was the captain on the day. if EVER chelsea played that way and in that kind of disorganized way, i will blame JT. i swear i have seen monkey fights at the zoo which were better organized than the brazilian sides on that day.

the most important thing in a trashing are the ways you concede the first goals.

1st goal - who was he marking? what was he doing?

2nd goal - watches klose make a run behind them. watches more intently as the ball rebounds off the GK. and then keeps watching as klose takes the rebound and puts it in the back of the net.

3rd goal - who, what, where? julio cesar's reaction says it all. not marking the first man as the ball is crossed in. not marking muller (i think) as he tries to volleys it home. and ultimately kroos does.

and i can go on and on.

This was his performance on the day when brazil were supposed to create history and he was their captain. and then he goes on TV and cries his eyes out and gains everyone's symapthy. not saying it was an act but if he had shown 1% of that emotion and passion in concentrating on the play and on the pitch, things would have been way more different.

That's exactly what I meant... that putting the blame of a trashing on a single player (1/11) is very silly - a defender nonetheless.

Games are won and lost in midfield and Brazil, for a number of reasons, didn't have one that day.

Obviously luiz had a shitty performance just like most of the other players - besides the point though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...