David Luiz

the wes

just teasing... the article itself only later mentions Carlo wanted to play Luiz in midfield. Though I agree with the criticism on the overreactions.

personally I think Thiago Silva being there was just as crazy, but Luiz has the hairdo.

i dont think its an overreaction if someone tells me that ;chelsea's 3rd choice CB who barely started matches as a CB for chelsea in the latter half of the season and infact was played mostly in the mid, the player who got his ass screwed in the world cup, was a better CB than godin who won the la liga and reached the CL final with ATM's defence being their main weapon.

really, its not. just in PL i can name 5/6 defenders who were miles better than the world's supposedly best defender, and lets not even go towards the like of miranda and godin.

also, i am sure the twitter/TC trolls are simply trolling when we say that simeone was without a shred of doubt the better manager, that modric deserved iniesta's spot in mid. but what do we know when 23000 others voted.

i dont think its an overreaction if someone tells me that ;chelsea's 3rd choice CB who barely started matches as a CB for chelsea in the latter half of the season and infact was played mostly in the mid, the player who got his ass screwed in the world cup, was a better CB than godin who won the la liga and reached the CL final with ATM's defence being their main weapon.

really, its not. just in PL i can name 5/6 defenders who were miles better than the world's supposedly best defender, and lets not even go towards the like of miranda and godin.

also, i am sure the twitter/TC trolls are simply trolling when we say that simeone was without a shred of doubt the better manager, that modric deserved iniesta's spot in mid. but what do we know when 23000 others voted.

I don't disagree with you concerning the merit, but still do on the overreactions. Like it or not, he's a valued commodity - that's what the evidence says. Get used to it, because he's going to be in the spotlight until he retires (in about 5 years?). The rest is just opinions.

• 1 month later...

Luiz: "Chelsea offered me a new contract and I said to them: ‘I’m not feeling the same thing like I was feeling years ago"

Luiz when he was offered new #CFC deal: “But I decided my cycle was finished and I wanted to live a different moment now in my life."

Luiz: "When Jose left #RMCF, he said wanted to go where he felt good. I was not feeling good there [at #CFC] and I said I want to leave"

Luiz: "Jose didn’t try too much because I was in Brazil and we just spoke on the telephone. And he said: ‘It’s OK, you can go.’

He liked the club alot, but he probably knew he will never be Mou choice at CB and decided to leave.

Luiz: "Chelsea offered me a new contract and I said to them: Im not feeling the same thing like I was feeling years ago"

Luiz when he was offered new #CFC deal: But I decided my cycle was finished and I wanted to live a different moment now in my life."

Luiz: "When Jose left #RMCF, he said wanted to go where he felt good. I was not feeling good there [at #CFC] and I said I want to leave"

Luiz: "Jose didnt try too much because I was in Brazil and we just spoke on the telephone. And he said: Its OK, you can go.

Thank god he saved jose and the hierachy from making a very stupid and mistake. Didn't torres say jose wanted to keep him as well. Next thing you know the club will be offering mikel a contract extension.

The first comment on the article is brilliant

Hes right. His comical defending is priceless.

:lol:

I know he's made plenty mistakes for us but the guy always gave everything for the shirt and never said a sour word about us after he left. On top of that we've made significant profit. Maybe some of us need to tone it down with the disrespect.

I know he's made plenty mistakes for us but the guy always gave everything for the shirt and never sad a sour word about us after he left. On top of that we've made significant profit. Maybe some of us need to tone it down with the disrespect.

Couldn't agree more. If every player had the heart of Luiz, we'd be unstoppable. He was an absolute gentleman on and of the field.

• 3 weeks later...