David Luiz

the wes

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah here:

David Luiz not first choice at Chelsea, say Sky Sports pundits

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10581200/david-luiz-not-first-choice-at-chelsea-say-sky-sports-pundits

"If Antonio Conte had wanted David Luiz he would've got him much earlier. He's not a Conte centre-back. He's had out and out defenders at Italy and Juventus - their main job is to defend and Luiz isn't that type of player."

Maybe Luiz wasn't the first target, i agree, but paying the money Chelsea did should make it clear that Conte approved the decision, otherwise why did they hire him in the first place and why should he risk his reputation? Just for money, i don't believe that.

Chelsea needs better playing it out from the back, Juve did it because of Bonucci. Luiz happens to be one of the better players who can do it in world football and more importantly, i don't believe that in today's game he's any worse than Cahill. That particular partnership got exposed big time last season, enough is enough.

Overall i think that's just his wishful thinking. In recent times i remember hearing something similar about another club. Because of this Pool's chances aren't going up. :)

Couldn't quite remember the quality and range of his passing, he's really good with the ball.

As mentioned here, we know what we get with him, for the most part, we get a sub-world class ball playing CB, just have to neutralize the meltdown here on his brainfarts ( which honestly can't even compare to Cahill's weekly show :lol: ) 

"David Luiz did nothing wrong but the most important thing for central defenders is stopping efforts on your goal." - Souness

So go criticise Cahill who was responsible for both goals, you fucking bellend. My fucking god, this idiocy is hard to fathom.

Had a good game I thought, distributed the ball really well and mopped up a lot of shit. You won't get that recognition from the pundits though, they want to focus on the negatives and see him break his leg.....they are all cunts.

13 hours ago, Melanicus said:

Great ball playing CB. Start him alongside Zouma and Alonso and Azpi on either side and we're good in defence.

I doubt that. I think the troubles will continue because none of those players are that good. But it would be nice if you were right.

Definitely looking forward to a defence which does not include Dumb and Dumber though.

The abuse Luiz recieved from the pundits last night was nothing short of disgracefull. Especially after the game he had. Souness was still bashing him after the game and Henry was sitting there looking rather akward to say the least. It's clearly obvious that Graham doesn't like him for whatever reasons other than his preious footballing displays. Then Jamie went on to say he wasn't a Conte signing, which may be the case. Have they not taken into consideration that we are held to ransom everytime we enter the narket for a defender!! I thought Luiz was a decent buy. He isn't the best defender in the world but a huge upgrade from Cahill and the tired legs of a Legend in JT. Luiiz is a great distributor of the ball and last night looked asif he get's the fact that no nonsense is better than fancy shit when defending. I pray that he proves these highly opinionated pundits wrong. Comon geezer!

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

The abuse Luiz recieved from the pundits last night was nothing short of disgracefull. Especially after the game he had. Souness was still bashing him after the game and Henry was sitting there looking rather akward to say the least. It's clearly obvious that Graham doesn't like him for whatever reasons other than his preious footballing displays. Then Jamie went on to say he wasn't a Conte signing, which may be the case. Have they not taken into consideration that we are held to ransom everytime we enter the narket for a defender!! I thought Luiz was a decent buy. He isn't the best defender in the world but a huge upgrade from Cahill and the tired legs of a Legend in JT. Luiiz is a great distributor of the ball and last night looked asif he get's the fact that no nonsense is better than fancy shit when defending. I pray that he proves these highly opinionated pundits wrong. Comon geezer!

Souness is a miserable wanker. I stopped listening to him as soon as he said Kante wasn't a top quality player. Absolute helmet of a man, clearly harbouring some resentment for a failed managerial career. 

19 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Souness is a miserable wanker. I stopped listening to him as soon as he said Kante wasn't a top quality player. Absolute helmet of a man, clearly harbouring some resentment for a failed managerial career. 

I use to rate him but agter last night he went down in my estimations. I didn't even know he said that about Kante. Kante is truly a World Class player. 

It was overshadowed by the awful result but I actually thought he was our MOTM yesterday. Granted that doesn't mean much considering how the team played, but it's good that he's started with a positive performance.

Hopefully he slots right in next to JT until Zouma is back to 100%. 

David Luiz still is David Luiz afte all. 3 perfect long passes that left strikers in front of the goal, and some WTF moments, like a non-header that left Musa in front of the goal to score the winner (saved by Begovic), and a some weird momments with Vardy, when the game was still 2x2. Perhaps Conte should try using him as a 3rd CB, playing in a more advanced position. 

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

His passing is good because he has time and space to pass the ball as a CB. Playing him in midfield would actually limit his passing ability. In midfield he would have much less time on the ball and he like pretty much even the best ball playing center backs doesn't have the quick brain to shine in that position. Out in the back, he can use his passing range and ability to drive the ball forward much more effectively.

Good point. Although he was a beast against City when Jose partnered him with Matic. It depends how hard teams press.

12 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

His passing is good because he has time and space to pass the ball as a CB. Playing him in midfield would actually limit his passing ability. In midfield he would have much less time on the ball and he like pretty much even the best ball playing center backs doesn't have the quick brain to shine in that position. Out in the back, he can use his passing range and ability to drive the ball forward much more effectively.

This line doesn't make any sense. Good long passes are not related with time and space. You are suggesting anyone who have time and space can produce long passes? Its like saying every CB can produce good long passes. 

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

This line doesn't make any sense. Good long passes are not related with time and space. You are suggesting anyone who have time and space can produce long passes? Its like saying every CB can produce good long passes. 

or does Mikel ever?! :)

Agreed. His passing is excellent because it is - his technique is excellent. That's really undeniable.

Personally I think his technique and movement allow him to play well in multiple positions, including midfield. He has proven already to be a competent midfielder - helped winning important tough away matches by himself (before matic arrived in jan) and then along with matic.

At the moment we just don't have options in the CB area to even think about using DL anywhere else. Even when and if Zouma actually plays regularly this season, he will prob end up partnering DL more often than not.