Roman Abramovich Thread

15 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Jim Ratcliffe actually confirming the breakdown of numbers in his bid as £2.5bn essentially for the purchase of the club and £1.75bn over the next 10 years as committed investment would then suggest that if the bid is lower than rival bids like Boehly's, perhaps they have plans for an even bigger commitment to investment into the club. I haven't seen anything yet that suggests the purchase will be much more than £2.5bn, this seems to be the expected figure, which can then only suggest the future investment plans may be more.

Ratcliffe, however, has not given up trying to force his way into the sale, and is understood to be lobbying the government on the grounds that his is the only solely British bid.

pfffft, enough of the Little Englander bollocks

(and yes, full disclosure for newer people, I am, and likely will be for ages, bitter AF about Brexit, I think it ends in tears for the UK, with NI and Scotland eventually leaving, as would Wales, who was very much Remain except for all the English RW pensioner gammon who had moved in, who tilted it on balance to Leave)

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ratcliffe, however, has not given up trying to force his way into the sale, and is understood to be lobbying the government on the grounds that his is the only solely British bid.

(and yes, full disclosure for newer people, I am, and likely will be for ages, bitter AF about Brexit, I think it ends in tears for the UK, with NI and Scotland eventually leaving, as would Wales, who was very much Remain except for all the English RW pensioner gammon who had moved in, who tilted it on balance to Leave)

It's difficult to play the British card for Ratcliffe when he took residency in Monaco a few years ago to save millions in paying UK taxes.

He can lobby all he wants but the government aren't going to block an American bid that is fully legal and legitimate and open up a can of worms that way.

Everything I've read suggests that this Boehly bid has been the strongest and most well thought from the start, and hopefully it can be cleared through as soon as possible with no hitches so we can just move forward as a club.

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No way EU Or U.K.  will still be a thing in 100 years ,

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Get in. Fuck off Three and your hypocritical bull shit. Wankers. 

🚨| EXCL: Todd Boehly will NOT look to resolve the suspended partnership with @ThreeUK as the clubs main sponsor, and will instead look to provide new and more profitable sponsors from the United States. 🔵 #CFC pic.twitter.com/bNVmU3VZJd

— Andreas Korssund (@kors_andreas) May 2, 2022

People might have a good moan about the kit designs sometimes but Nike did the right thing and fair play to them. I'm not even sure if they put out an official statement and they didn't need to.

Trivago did, and pulled off a masterstroke really by keeping ties with the club but footnoted there was the understanding that Roman was selling the club anyway.

There wasn't even calls for sponsors to distance themselves from the club, I think it was pretty clear from the start that the club was in the middle as a result of sanctions on Roman. Three and Hyundai reacted far too quickly thinking it was a positive PR move when really I don't think they would have been questioned at all about the partnership and sponsorship with the club.

5 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Interesting if true. Ratcliffe wouldn't be wasting time like this if he wasn't serious. I'd imagine there must be something in the Boehly bid that isn't the best, I'd imagine this is either to do with where the money is coming from and/or it is something to do with leverage. 

Edited by King Kante

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8484d81c-cadf-11ec-b4b6-e30a321b8cd3

• The sale of Chelsea has hit a serious obstacle over fears that Russian-born owner Roman Abramovich is attempting to renege on his promise to write off a £1.6 billion debt.

• It is understood that Chelsea told the government — as well as the rival bidding groups — last week that they want to restructure the way the club is being sold, which would include paying off the debt from Chelsea’s parent company Fordstam Ltd to a Jersey-based company Camberley International Investments, which appears to be linked to Abramovich.

• But sources from the rival bid groups said it was only “days” before that decision was taken that they were informed that the loan, which is in trust in Jersey, needs to be repaid on the sale of the club.

• There are big concerns about allowing that to happen when Abramovich has been sanctioned and has had his assets frozen. Ministers have been under the impression that all proceeds from the sale would be given over to the government to be used for good causes.

• The Times contacted Duncan and asked if Camberley International Investments was connected to Abramovich. He responded by saying: “We are not commenting on anything.” A spokeswoman for Abramovich did not respond when contacted for comment. Chelsea have also been approached for comment.

• Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s attempts to hijack the deal with a late £4.25 billion bid were dismissed last week by both Chelsea and the Raine Group, the New York merchant bank which was appointed by Abramovich to handle the sale.

• Sources around the Martin Broughton bid believed they were favored by Raine Group up until the Boehly bid was selected.

Daddy wants his money back 😬