Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the left wing.....um.....how about Bertrand...? I remember that he can play its position....

Bertrand would be a genius selection really. he can help ashley cover Robben as well

Bertrand would be a genius selection really. he can help ashley cover Robben as well

i think he is better than sturridge and malouda, but i will feel concern about bertrand is not enough experience to handle.

so, it is vexation.

It's definitely become a must-win game now after the Newcastle game. Shame because I thought we could have done well against Bayern with less pressure.

Hopefully it will have the right affect we have so much more to play for now than Bayern for us its a case of getting into the CL next year and wining it for the first time. If that inst enough to spur these players on they don't deserve it..

I would rather have us switch to 4-3-3 and play Mata & Kalou out wide than to see Malouda and/or Sturridge starting!

Lmao, weren't you the one arguing about not changing formation, and playing an out of form Sturridge in the CL final? :lol:

the left wing.....um.....how about Bertrand...? I remember that he can play its position....

I was thinking of this earlier, wouldn't be a bad selection at all.

Lmao, weren't you the arguing about not changing formation, and playing an out of form Sturridge in the CL final? :lol:

:lol: Well, we are familiar with 4-3-3. Just do not want to see us playing a whole new different formation in a cup final where the stakes just got doubled after last night!

:lol: Well, we are familiar with 4-3-3. Just do not want to see us playing a whole new different formation in a cup final where the stakes just got doubled after last night!

I agree, i'd go with 4-3-3 for the final also.

The path that we took to the final and the manner that we did it especially against barcelona is very similar to what inter did to win the UCL. They also faced Bayern in the final and I remember Inter defended2 and just kick long ball to milito and let sneijder and milito do their job.

We should do the same, play 4-4-1-1 ish kick long ball to drogba and let him and mata do their job :D

Drogba

Mata

Malouda - Lampard - Mikel - kalou

Cole - Cahill - Luiz - Bosin :rant:

We seem to respond under pressure so hopfully none of our players will go into the game as they've won it.Doubt it but never know

Massive massive game! And make all the crapness of this season forgot about for a long long time

There is no chance of that Layla they know that Bayern are a strong team the evidence is there for all to see. If Drogba brings his unplayable A game to the final then we'll win it no doubt about it. The only worry i have is Bosingwa against Ribery, i don't trust Bosingwa at all.

Hi, FC Bayern fan here and I come in peace :)

For your information, Daniel van Buyten has started training today. He was massive this season (after a number of disappointing seasons culminating in the disaster at the 2010 Champions League final) and in fact has a very high Castrol ranking (if that even matters). Bayern are hopeful he can play against Chelsea. If he can't then FC Bayern will be doomed.

The reason is that the choice of central defenders loosely follow this:

1st choice Badstuber (suspended)

2nd choice Boateng

3rd choice van Buyten (was 2nd before his injury but Boateng improved now)

4th choice Breno (definitely out injured)

5th choice Gustavo (out of position since he is a DM, but he is also suspended now)

6th choice Tymoshchuk

The problem with Tymoshchuk is that he is very poor in the air and will have major problems against the likes of Drogba. Furthermore, he is the only other DM in the team, so with Gustavo suspended, Tymoshchuk would generally slot in the DM position.

This means that if van Buyten fails to recover, Tymoshchuk would have to play out of position (and probably perform very poorly) and Bayern would play without a true #6.

But anyway, van Buyten has started training today, so it is a major boost to our chances.

Interesting choice of username.... Well Van Buyten may be hugely off the pace, he has no pace when he's 100% fit anyway lol. Well we'll see i'm glad your team seems to have problems picking a starting XI like us, headaches for both managers which is a shame. Just wish we could both put out our full teams and really go at it. Uefa suck.