Drogba 11th minute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how many "days" has he had this season?

Both legs against Barcelona, Spurs in the FA Cup, Napoli in the champions league, FA Cup Final, Valencia in the Champions League. basically he has been our best player for the majority of the big games this season.

Is anybody else excited by the prospect how Chelsea might play without Drogba? Don't get me wrong I would miss Drogba as any other fan, but I find myself thinking about how our game would change without him, provided that we strengthen our technical and creative side. With Drogba lurking around, a legend and a fans' favourite, no other striker would feel confident and comfortable enough here, because Drogba will always have his shadow over him thanks to his status. Letting Drogba go might be 1 step back, but a new fresh striker could be 2 steps forward.

Both legs against Barcelona, Spurs in the FA Cup, Napoli in the champions league, FA Cup Final, Valencia in the Champions League. basically he has been our best player for the majority of the big games this season.

I think Drogba's been great in a few really big games this season...my problem is though he either is great or doesnt turn up at all

I feel like he's only played well in the games where glory's been at stake.. late into tournaments/cups

Sad as it is it is time to let Didier go.

If we give him a 2 year deal it will purely out of sentiment, and it was similar sentiment's which has got our squad in such a mess in the first place.

That will seem a bit weird. The 11th minute comes, everybody applauds the legend whilst chanting his name and the TV screen says "Thank you Didier" and he realises what's going on and says, "WTF, am i leaving?"

I think this is not a good thing to do until it is 100% confirmed that he is going. He may be 34 but he's still the best lone striker in the business. Should carry on until Lukaku is ready. We can't continue lumping high balls to Torres. If he goes, we need a complete change of style unless we sign someone like Llorente to replace him for a few years until Romelu develops.

I would like him to stay, he is still at a very high level, his age doesn't represent his physical conditions. We cannot afford to lose him.

It will be a very sad moment to see him leave Chelsea. If he finally goes, he deserves to do it with a Champions League winner's medal.

lol, you do understand he was being sarcastic? how can one think that Kezman was a prolific striker for us?

Dude i'm not complaining at least we never got Obafemi Martins... oh shit no i actually really wanted Martins :cry:

We realy have problems with strikers: Mutu, Kezman, Crespo, Sheva, Pizzaro, Lukaku, Torres have all performed less that was expected. Nino and Lukaku can still do it, but so far, they didnt showed enough for money spent.

Everyone praises Lukaku (yes he played decently tonight), BUT he is striker and no matter how young he is, in 10 games you simply have to score at least once if you are anywhere near Drogba quality. He didnt...And that is problem.

Yp, we have huge problems with striker buys...