Is FA cup worth all this?

I think what Robbie said summarizes it all: " Let's be objective, we have played 37 matches in the league this season, fourth place was not lost today or against Newcastle".

As for the FA cup, it is most definitely worth the sacrifices. It is after all the oldest and one of the most treasured cups in the world.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a relief to the club to be in this position. We are in a Champions League Final against a quality team, but a team that we do not have an intrinsic fear of. We have won the FA Cup, which is the only thing to be won against English teams via a playoff system; quite impressive.

Now if we don't qualify for Champions League next year. So what? I think it would provide a wonderful opportunity for our team to truly rebuild. Even if it takes 2 seasons to qualify again, so what?

Isn't it worth it to slip under the radar for a few seasons so that we can enjoy another 10+ years of being a DYNASTY!?!?!?!

Most definitely was. I love the FA Cup, I know it's not as prestigious as it used to be, but it's traditional. We love it too, won the last 3 out 4 in the competition. A trophy is a trophy, regardless of it's cost.

We can't have it all, chances are we wouldn't have finished top 4 anyway. We've been playing games like every 3 days now, obviously it has taken it's toll.

We are a top club and playing midweek and weekend is a part and parcel of the game whether we like it or not. All major team have to undergo that, it is all about how the team balances it. We had to showcase something this season and i guess RDM must have thought FA and CL are the ones which make up something for an already pathetic season.

We are a top club and playing midweek and weekend is a part and parcel of the game whether we like it or not. All major team have to undergo that, it is all about how the team balances it. We had to showcase something this season and i guess RDM must have thought FA and CL are the ones which make up something for an already pathetic season.

IF we win the CL would you still call it a pathetic season?

IF we win the CL would you still call it a pathetic season?

Obviously no .. that what i said we are trying to make it up. The ship has been damaged already, what is being done now is the repair work. So how we do the repair work from here would make up to the damage done.

Obviously no .. that what i said we are trying to make it up. The ship has been damaged already, what is being done now is the repair work. So how we do the repair work from here would make up to the damage done.

I agree at the start of April I said I just wanted the fucking awful season to end. Since then there has been a remarkable transformation.

It wont completely erase all the bad memories even if we do win the CL.

It will allow us to start next season in a better "moment". I am assuming Roman has taken note and appoints RDB as full time manager,,and

more than that TRUSTS him... There will still be a need for players to leave ..my list would include ,Malouda ,Essien ,,Bosingwa..Turnbull and Kalou

I agree at the start of April I said I just wanted the fucking awful season to end. Since then there has been a remarkable transformation.

It wont completely erase all the bad memories even if we do win the CL.

It will allow us to start next season in a better "moment". I am assuming Roman has taken note and appoints RDB as full time manager,,and

more than that TRUSTS him... There will still be a need for players to leave ..my list would include ,Malouda ,Essien ,,Bosingwa..Turnbull and Kalou

I do agree with what u say but i m just being brutally honestly here.

We as a club in the last 8 years have grown to be giants in Europe and the kind of performances which was put up till March has been nothing but pathetic. Yes we are in the finals of the CL and we won the FA but isnt that what is expected out of any top team. What is more frustrating is that most of the top teams in the PL this season (baring City) have been poor and we just wanted to be worse it seems under AVB.

Like u said about Roman taking notes, even i m assuming and hoping and praying the same. If he wants to see Chelsea at the top then he needs to get in stability first rather than just mindlessly spending money on his choices. Keep hoping and praying for the best is all that can be done from here on.

I do agree with what u say but i m just being brutally honestly here.

We as a club in the last 8 years have grown to be giants in Europe and the kind of performances which was put up till March has been nothing but pathetic. Yes we are in the finals of the CL and we won the FA but isnt that what is expected out of any top team. What is more frustrating is that most of the top teams in the PL this season (baring City) have been poor and we just wanted to be worse it seems under AVB.

Like u said about Roman taking notes, even i m assuming and hoping and praying the same. If he wants to see Chelsea at the top then he needs to get in stability first rather than just mindlessly spending money on his choices. Keep hoping and praying for the best is all that can be done from here on.

with you 100%

Love the FA Cup and to win it 4 times in the last few years is a great achivement.Agree with whats said 4th wasnt lost over 2 games.It was lost way way back and really its only due to other teams failings at times that we had a shot at it. We've been through so much this season,mental changes and performances and to come out of it with a Cup and another final to come..not complaining.Played so many games as well in a short space of time...end of the day we should be aiming to win what we can

The F A cup is the oldest Cup competition in World Football. It is a Trophy to be treasured , Only those who don't win it dont value it .

The tv companies have attempted to devalue it ,, ASK the players about it ...OR just watch the celebrations ... SEVEN UP for Chelsea

ans Ashley.

this! Think to the newer fans the FA cup doesn't hold the glitz and glamour but it certainly does for a lot of us. Absolutely yes its worth it.

it's always nice to win a trophy no matter what the circumstances are. We can't even win half our premiership games this season which is one hell of a shocking season but to get to the UCL final and win the FA Cup no matter what happens now is a really good achievement. If we win the UCL, nodody will even care about the league season but if we lose, we'll talk about how shit the season is.

We have won a trophy at the end of the day, Man Utd and Arsenal and Tottenham aint gonna win fuck all.

Also, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool have all played in the Europa League. If it happens, it happens. Life and CFC goes on.

this! Think to the newer fans the FA cup doesn't hold the glitz and glamour but it certainly does for a lot of us. Absolutely yes its worth it.

Thats the thing its lost a lot of meaning.Not just from fans but FA as well they feel happy to mess around with the final and put the knock out games on at the most inconvient times...no longer a stand alone comp played end of season.Know may be reasons for that but seeing as year of the World Cup it was played on a Sat after the Prem had finished..