Club links up with Sauber F1 team

Igi26

Cycling is awesome. I can't think of any current world class Dutch riders except Gesink at the moment, what happened?

Gesink is very talented indeed, but unlucky in big courses. I think he fell and broke a bone in both the Vuelta and the Tour.

I don't know what happened. There has always been a lack of mountains ofcourse in Holland. Maybe doping has become more important. You see a lot of South-European/Spanish cyclists now. I don't know how big the influence of Fuentes was, but he sure had a lot of customers.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gesink is very talented indeed, but unlucky in big courses. I think he fell and broke a bone in both the Vuelta and the Tour.

I don't know what happened. There has always been a lack of mountains ofcourse in Holland. Maybe doping has become more important. You see a lot of South-European/Spanish cyclists now. I don't know how big the influence of Fuentes was, but he sure had a lot of customers.

Haha, its okay you still have great sprinters in your history like Jean-Paul van Poppel :D

I do not seriously think that this deal brings us money, to add more salt to the wound, I guess we are at the wrong end of the so called 'joint promotion' bcz of,

• space in a F1 car is damn expensive, & the place behind the cockpit (I am not an F1 expert, but I follow pretty much every race, so I guess I am right) is going to be 3rd or 4th expensive part for sponsoring (behind the rear spoiler & side bodywork. SO I DO NOT THINK SAUBER IS STUPID ENUF TO GIVE IT TO US FOC..!
  • Sauber is not big in F1 as Chelsea is in Football - cannot see a point in liking up with Sauber (Ferrari is the biggest by a mile, then McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, Lotus Renault, Williams & then Sauber)
  • of the four races this season only in the rainy Malaysian GP a Sauber managed to earn a quite of telecast time (which I think was longer than the team's last five year telecast times put together), in which Sergio Perez finished 2nd

article-2142303-13053880000005DC-463_964x556.jpg

Speaking to Chelsea TV, Gourlay said: 'We've finalised our unique partnership with the Sauber team bringing Formula 1 and football together. It's an opportunity not just around commercial activity but also around sports science and performance, and it's interesting to see how they prepare their drivers and we look forward to working together.

'I am heading to Barcelona now to make the official launch with the two Sauber drivers, and the car will race with our crest on it for the first time this weekend and again in Monaco and will continue to carry our brand for the rest of the season.'

After today's training session, Mata admitted he is also a fan of racing and is looking forward to the link.

'I like Formula 1, I know Fernando Alonso the driver and it's a great sport. I used to go to the tracks at Barcelona and Valencia and he is a very good guy, and a very good driver, so it will be good to see how the partnership with Sauber goes,' he said.

'It's pretty cool to see the Chelsea badge on an F1 car, it's something new and it should be good for both teams,' Michael Essien added.

'I love F1, it's a very interesting sport but I love the sound of the cars most of all! Every time I'm free, I try to go and watch it. It's not the first time I've seen an F1 car up close, but they always impress me.'

0,,10268~10835761,00.jpg

article-2142303-130538E1000005DC-544_470x442.jpg