Club links up with Sauber F1 team

Igi26

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, forgive my ignorance i honestly didnt know that....I dont watch cricket and really have no idea about it, but you dont see me coming around bitching about a cricket game going on for more than 12hours or knocking off those that play or watch the sport, is it wrong to demand the same?.....

Since you said you are ignorant because of your comment that if cricket world cup would gain 100m viewers then it would be popular, I thought id correct you.

Speaking of world cup, NZ was the only team not to lose a game! Did USA loose a game? Yup!

You can't compare Aussie to USA in terms of athletes, or anything for that matter. You have to look at it on a per capita basis.

NZ didnt go past the group stage so the comparing doesnt hold, because even though they didnt lose a game we went further than they did in the competition, which was our aim to get as far as possible, i like to think that the same for all teams entering into the competition and if not the World cup, which other football competition does the entire World compete in for glory?....Which other competition have those two countries been involved in that you can compare them on?...

Even if you look at per capita basis at least you should have produced on world renowned athlete in all that time...Please proudly say a name.....It is not like you guys even won half as much medal as we did in the last Olympics...You guys have nothing on us,,,.

Where did you finish in the 2010 World Cup?....We won a group which had England in it remember, drawing the game with England...Thats what i thought...And for the half a billion people that watch cricket, the highest paid cricketer is only worth 10mill which means those views are not the the count when it comes to dishing out the pay check for rights (you can research the how much the cricket world cup made from ads compared to the World Cup, UEFA Champions League or the Super Bowl, of these three i think only the world makes more money from ads than the super bowl)....You went on about what aussies have done in the last 100 and so years but name 2 Americans that are more popular than any sportsman/ athlete that has ever come out of aussie..What is your fucking point?...As much as you hate our sports, it airs on your tv and our athletes are more popular and make twice more money than yours....Your point exactly is?...Like for real we should do a poll about aussie most popular athlete vs Tim Tebow, doing a poll with Kobe, Woods, Lebron James, Clint Dempsey and you forgot that there was a man called Michael fucking Jordan....I have named a number of American athletes that a good percentage of your population the world knows, now can you name just 1 that the worlds knows like the names up there?.....If pple are talking in sports, aussie do a favor please and shut the fuck up, i have had enough of y'all thinking you can diss the "Yahks" sports....

Wow. We were a Harry Kewell 'handball' away from competing in the round of 16, we were a Francesco Totti 'penalty' away from the Quarter Finals in 2006. England have been rubbish since about 2006, drawing them, that too because of a catastrophic keeping error, is no achievement.

Cricket is not anywhere near as lucrative because its followed most strongly in developing countries, where there simply isn't the money to spend on sport. Ad space doesn't cost a lot because of the nature of the viewers, Warnie reckons nearly 1 billion, of those only perhaps 50 million earns what the average person from a developed country earns. Why would you advertise shit that people can't buy even if they wanted to?

I would argue that Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and John F. Kennedy are far more well known than any US sportsperson. No one's ever heard of Julia Gillard or John Howard or Kevin Rudd, it's all about the Steve Waugh's and the Christian Vieri's and the Mark Viduka's.

As much as you hate our sports, it airs on your tv and our athletes are more popular and make twice more money than yours

First of all, we never said we hated it, we just don't find it interesting. It does not air on Australian television, and not one American athlete is more popular in Australia than an Australian athlete.

Also, who is Tebow?

Since you said you are ignorant because of your comment that if cricket world cup would gain 100m viewers then it would be popular, I thought id correct you.

Thanks for that, but the popularity amounts for little when it comes to pay check, do i need correction on that as well?

Even if you look at per capita basis at least you should have produced on world renowned athlete in all that time...Please proudly say a name.....It is not like you guys even won half as much medal as we did in the last Olympics...You guys have nothing on us,,,.

Yep, says the country with a population of 300 million and a GDP bigger than most of the rest of the world combined. That you are still not 100% dominant in every single sport on the planet despite having such huge advantages is staggering.

If you're no good at a sport you can just throw some of those trillions at it until you get better, you can search your huge country for a better pool of players. Small countries like Australia and New Zealand do not have such luxuries, that we get as far as we do is proof enough of our sporting prowess. It's no challenge to be the worlds best when you take the USA's circumstances into account, and yet you're still not at virtually every sport that wasn't invented by you.

If you're going to be such an arrogant douche and insist that we have to compete blow-for-blow with you to be better than you, I wheel out Rod Laver. By far the greatest tennis player in history, the only player to have ever won all 4 Grand Slams in one year. I don't know much about New Zealand, I'll hazard a guess that Wynton Rufer is probably the best known sportsperson from N.Z.

I'll just throw this out for you:

Population of New Zealand: 4 million

GDP of New Zealand: US$126 billion

Population of Australia: 22 million

GDP of Australia: $924 billion

Population of USA: 312 million

GDP of USA: $15 trillion.

Which was beaten by this country in South Africa:

Population of Ghana: 24 million

GDP of Ghana: $31 billion

And you wonder why we can't compete blow-for-blow. Face it, any country in the world had your resources, they would be unstoppable forces in whatever sport they wanted to be. You have probably 50 billion dollars you can put into improving your team; Ghana probably have less than $100 million, New Zealand probably have $500 million and we probably have $1 billion to do the same thing. You get to choose 11 players out of 312,000,000; we have to choose 11 from 4,000,000 and 22,000,000 respectively. And yet you only advance one round more than us? And in 2006 Australia beat the USA in the World Cup in terms of progression, we made it out of our group.

Thanks for that, but the popularity amounts for little when it comes to pay check, do i need correction on that as well?

NFL is a league, Soccer is a League, NBA is a league while Cricket is a national sport. There is a League called the IPL but it only lasts for 1.5 months. Here is something that would surprise you. In other words avg salary of an IPL player is almost 96% of the avg salary earned by NBA stars inspite of them having to play only for 1.5 months while NBA lasts for 6 months.

http://www.ehow.com/...age-salary.html

http://timesofindia....how/5736736.cms

Did you say something about NFL players earning more than Cricketers?

I believe the richest cricketer in the world earns 24 million US$ a year purely from representing India in cricket. Throw in the fact that he has a target audience of 2 billion and his endorsements probably bring him up to around 100 million a year.

NFL is a league, Soccer is a League, NBA is a league while Cricket is a national sport. There is a League called the IPL but it only lasts for 2 months. Here is something that would surprise you. In other words avg salary of an IPL player is almost 75% of the avg salary earned by NBA stars inspite of them having to play only for 2 months while NBA lasts for 6 months.

Whoa! I didn't know IPL players out-earnt footballers!

NZ didnt go past the group stage so the comparing doesnt hold, because even though they didnt lose a game we went further than they did in the competition, which was our aim to get as far as possible, i like to think that the same for all teams entering into the competition and if not the World cup, which other football competition does the entire World compete in for glory?....Which other competition have those two countries been involved in that you can compare them on?...

I thought our football team did very well, considering they don't get paid anything for being there, it's their hobbie, not full time job.

I'm sorry, in terms of medals, no we having won as much as the almighty USA who's population of a small town is greater than the whole population of new Zealand. We do have the Korean table tennis player who represts NZ, also Venice faumauna who dominates in shot put.

IMO, apart from golf and swimming, Americas are only good at American sports that only Americans play. For example NFL, baseball, NASCAR, premier league darts etc.

Wow. We were a Harry Kewell 'handball' away from competing in the round of 16, we were a Francesco Totti 'penalty' away from the Quarter Finals in 2006. England have been rubbish since about 2006, drawing them, that too because of a catastrophic keeping error, is no achievement.

Cricket is not anywhere near as lucrative because its followed most strongly in developing countries, where there simply isn't the money to spend on sport. Ad space doesn't cost a lot because of the nature of the viewers, Warnie reckons nearly 1 billion, of those only perhaps 50 million earns what the average person from a developed country earns. Why would you advertise shit that people can't buy even if they wanted to?

I would argue that Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and John F. Kennedy are far more well known than any US sportsperson. No one's ever heard of Julia Gillard or John Howard or Kevin Rudd, it's all about the Steve Waugh's and the Christian Vieri's and the Mark Viduka's.

First of all, we never said we hated it, we just don't find it interesting. It does not air on Australian television, and not one American athlete is more popular in Australia than an Australian athlete.

Also, who is Tebow?

Really?....Now you are bringing up history, what happened in 2008?...No excuses i see.....Catastrophic error or not, the scoreline said 1-1 on the biggest stage of all...

Christian Vieri and Mark Viduka i know because i followed European football, and you cannot tell me they are anywhere half as much as know as Kobe Bryant, did you see how crowd of people that followed him in Asia last summer?....We are talking about athletes not most popular Americans, if that was the case the Obama and Bush case would be valid...

I am not gonna say nothing about American athletes popularity in austrailia because i have never been there and dont know....But i can proudly say that the American athletes (outside Dempsey) i mention in my previous post are more popular worldwide than all the aussies on that list put together...You dont watch the sport but i am damn sure you know the athletes, because they are so amazing the world cannot ignore them....

You dont enjoy it, you dont have to bitch about it every chance you get, it is not disturbing you on your TV so why the fuck are you even complaining about it in the first place?...If you watched them, then maybe you might have a more opinionated critic about the sports...I have seen on the NFL thread, people who know nothing about the sport but gave it an open mind, and ended up enjoying or not liking it, that i can listen to...I dont watch cricket or rugby and really have no idea about it, but you dont see me coming around bitching about a cricket game going on for more than 12hours or knocking off those that play or watch the sport, is it wrong to demand the same?.....This "It's an American sport, what do you expect from the Yanks?" was totally unnecessary from konohaflash

I believe the richest cricketer in the world earns 24 million US$ a year purely from representing India in cricket. Throw in the fact that he has a target audience of 2 billion and his endorsements probably bring him up to around 100 million a year.

http://top10marvels.com/top-10-richest-cricketers-in-2012

We are talking about athletes not most popular Americans, if that was the case the Obama and Bush case would be valid...

No, no we weren't. I said that we, Australia, place huge importance on sport because thats the only thing we'll ever be known for. The USA meanwhile is a world leader militarily, politically, economically and is amongst the world leaders scientifically. You don't feel that drive for recognition, you don't feel like "if we're no good at sport people will forget we even exist".

And none of us were complaining about US sport, this was a thread about motorsport being rubbish which it no doubt is. Stop manufacturing opponents against you when none exist, KOF said something tongue-in-cheek that you've taken way too seriously. I have stepped in because by insulting Australian sport you are insulting the core of our national identity, it would be like someone urinating on the original US Constitution.

NFL is a league, Soccer is a League, NBA is a league while Cricket is a national sport. There is a League called the IPL but it only lasts for 1.5 months. Here is something that would surprise you. In other words avg salary of an IPL player is almost 96% of the avg salary earned by NBA stars inspite of them having to play only for 1.5 months while NBA lasts for 6 months.

http://timesofindia....how/5736736.cms

Did you say something about NFL players earning more than Cricketers?

Here is an interesting links you need to check out and

http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/

i dont know if it is my eyes but before i get down to 15, i see a NBA, MLB, NFL and Golf stars....I am still waiting for one cricket star to make the list...And if you know anything about American sports you know their wages make up for just little of what they earn because unlike Europe we have salary caps on teams, so you forgot a huge chunk called "endorsements"...