Club links up with Sauber F1 team

Igi26

Here is an interesting links you need to check out and

http://www.theriches...-paid-athletes/

i dont know if it is my eyes but before i get down to 15, i see a NBA, MLB, NFL and Golf stars....I am still waiting for one cricket star to make the list...And if you know anything about American sports you know their wages make up for just little of what they earn because unlike Europe we have salary caps on teams, so you forgot a huge chunk called "endorsements"...

I'll say this again. 15 trillion dollars to spend on nothing but luxury since your country is already developed. 15 trillion.

India have to make do with a shoestring budget which has to cater for nearly 300 million people living in poverty. No one there can afford to pay $50 US to attend a cricket match regularly, except for the richest 10% of the country.

Also that list is inaccurate, MS Dhoni should be 4th on that list as a cricketer who earns 43 million a year.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an interesting links you need to check out and

http://www.theriches...-paid-athletes/

i dont know if it is my eyes but before i get down to 15, i see a NBA, MLB, NFL and Golf stars....I am still waiting for one cricket star to make the list...And if you know anything about American sports you know their wages make up for just little of what they earn because unlike Europe we have salary caps on teams, so you forgot a huge chunk called "endorsements"...

When you used the word paycheck, I assumed you are referring to the money they get for playing for their teams. Use the right words next time.

This list that you have includes the money they earn from endorsements and sponsorship, etc. it also says that agent fees are included in it and it is pre tax.

I'll say this again. 15 trillion dollars to spend on nothing but luxury since your country is already developed. 15 trillion.

India have to make do with a shoestring budget which has to cater for nearly 300 million people living in poverty. No one there can afford to pay $50 US to attend a cricket match regularly, except for the richest 10% of the country.

Also that list is inaccurate, MS Dhoni should be 4th on that list as a cricketer who earns 43 million in two years.

Corrected

No, no we weren't. I said that we, Australia, place huge importance on sport because thats the only thing we'll ever be known for. The USA meanwhile is a world leader militarily, politically, economically and is amongst the world leaders scientifically. You don't feel that drive for recognition, you don't feel like "if we're no good at sport people will forget we even exist".

And none of us were complaining about US sport, this was a thread about motorsport being rubbish which it no doubt is. Stop manufacturing opponents against you when none exist, KOF said something tongue-in-cheek that you've taken way too seriously.

This is not the first thread where references have been made to American sports...I really do not care if you guys take sports more seriously than we do, did you see me reply to that?...You are the one manufacturing opponents because i replied KOF's post which had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion, what have the Yanks got to do with motorsport being boring?...We all know its boring as hell, and it would have been okay if everything stopped at Nascar is boring as well, yeah we have fans of it here so also do F1 have fans all over and you dont hear people saying "You trust the European to come up with that" or comments in that nature....

When you used the word paycheck, I assumed you are referring to the money they get for playing for their teams. Use the right words next time.

This list that you have includes the money they earn from endorsements and sponsorship, etc. it also says that agent fees are included in it and it is pre tax.

My bad, i meant what they earned by paycheck...Even though the list does include that, there is no cricketer included thats the point....

Also that list is inaccurate, MS Dhoni should be 4th on that list as a cricketer who earns 43 million a year.

Duh....You knew that already so what is the argument, money rules man...

My bad, i meant what they earned by paycheck...Even though the list does include that, there is no cricketer included thats the point....

Duh....You knew that already so what is the argument, money rules man...

The arguement is that you have far, far more to spend on sport than any other country, therefore it's nothing to gloat about that your athletes outearn everybody else.

The list that you gave includes paycheck + endorsements and sponsorships. Messi is the highest "paid" footballer in the world and yet in that list is behind Ronaldo. So you get the point?

But if you see my list it gives you what the players earn from different leagues which again talks aout the avg figure they get on their paychecks.

The arguement is that you have far, far more to spend on sport than any other country, therefore it's nothing to gloat about that your athletes outearn everybody else.

Nobody is gloating...Yeah we have more money, a higher population and our athletes out earn everybody else...But for all the so called emphasis the aussies place on sport as it is the only thing the can be known for, you guys are doing a terrible job bringing out a world renowned decent athlete in the "modern era"....

Nobody is gloating...Yeah we have more money, a higher population and our athletes out earn everybody else...But for all the so called emphasis the aussies place on sport as it is the only thing the can be known for, you guys are doing a terrible job bringing out a world renowned decent athlete in the "modern era"....

We do have world renowned players. Ask a poor street kid in South Asia who he's heard of, Shane Warne, Michael Clarke or Lionel Messi or Kobe Bryant.

Warne and Clarke will produce a response, the other two will get blank looks. Nearly 2 billion people are more familiar with them than any US sportsperson.

Just because a certain sport is not played much outside former British colonial possessions does not deny the fact that a third of the world follows it more than other sports. Ask someone outside the US to name more than 10 NBA teams, unless they're fans, they won't be able to do it. Ask a former British citizen to name the 10 countries that play test cricket and more often than not they'll get them right. For every cricketer that's not known about in the USA, there is a basketballer or a golfer or a baseballer that isn't known outside of the USA.

Tim Tebow, doing a poll with Kobe, Woods, Lebron James, Clint Dempsey and you forgot that there was a man called Michael fucking Jordan....

They're all black..just saying. Any white American sport stars?

Apart from the tebow dude that I've never heard of

We do have world renowned players. Ask a poor street kid in South Asia who he's heard of, Shane Warne, Michael Clarke or Lionel Messi or Kobe Bryant.

Warne and Clarke will produce a response, the other two will get blank looks. Nearly 2 billion people are more familiar with them than any US sportsperson.

Just because a certain sport is not played much outside former British colonial possessions does not deny the fact that a third of the world follows it more than other sports. Ask someone outside the US to name more than 10 NBA teams, unless they're fans, they won't be able to do it. Ask a former British citizen to name the 10 countries that play test cricket and more often than not they'll get them right. For every cricketer that's not known about in the USA, there is a basketballer or a golfer or a baseballer that isn't known outside of the USA.

When was the last time an aussie won the Australian Open?....The most popular competition from Australia....You said 10 NBA teams vs 10 Countries...Really?...Are we that much of a cheat? A league vs nations, why dont we do leagues on leagues...Well i can say the same, call a Canadian citizen to name 10 countries that play the test and they have no clue what you are talking about, but i bet you they can name more than 10 NBA teams

They're all black..just saying. Any white American sport stars?

Apart from the tebow dude that I've never heard of

Hahahahaha....That is totally true....Tebow seems to be like the most popular Quarter back out there, but most quarter backs are white...Eli Manning and Tom Brady are both white, that is if you know them....

When was the last time an aussie won the Australian Open?....The most popular competition from Australia....You said 10 NBA teams vs 10 Countries...Really?...Are we that much of a cheat? A league vs nations, why dont we do leagues on leagues...Well i can say the same, call a Canadian citizen to name 10 countries that play the test and they have no clue what you are talking about, but i bet you they can name more than 10 NBA teams

That's exactly what I said, we're comparing apples and oranges. Apple eaters (followers of US sports) will know what you're talking about, orange eaters wont. Tennis is probably only the 6th or even 7th most followed sport in Australia, it is a huge minority sport. We haven't had an individual winner for some time, though I'm pretty sure an all-Aussie double won the mixed doubles 3 or 4 years ago.

That's exactly what I said, we're comparing apples and oranges. Apple eaters (followers of US sports) will know what you're talking about, orange eaters wont.

And as such oranges eater should stop saying shit about apples, because they dont eat it...Apple eater have been doing this and we just ask for the same courtesy (Still referring to what brought us down this road, KOF's comments)

And as such oranges eater should stop saying shit about apples, because they dont eat it...Apple eater have been doing this and we just ask for the same courtesy (Still referring to what brought us down this road, KOF's comments)

KOF was joking, I felt, because he used the :Goober: emoticons. What he probably meant was he doesn't care and is unhappy at the global attention that such insulated sports get. MLB for example is fairly reasonably followed and yet to be the best you must play in America.