Chelsea vs. Newcastle

Kieran.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple of stats on today's game:

1. Chelsea are unbeaten at Stamford Bridge against Newcastle in Premier League history - P17 W11 D6.

2. Chelsea have not lost to Newcastle in the 9 Premier League encounters - W5 D4. Last defeat(1-0) came at SJP on May 06.

3. However, Newcastle are unbeaten in their last 3 trips to Stamford Bridge in all competitions - 1 CC win & 2 PL draws.

4. Newcastle have a poor record in their last 14 Premier League trips down to London - W2 D3 L9.

5. Alan Pardew has never beaten Chelsea as a manager in 6 encounters with 3 different clubs(West Ham, Charlton & Newcastle) - D1 L5.

6. Newcastle have scored just 3 goals in their last 8 Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge.

7. Chelsea have opened the scoring first in 13 of 16 games under Di Matteo. Other 3 was 0-0s against Tottenham & Arsenal and 2-2 draw with Barcelona.

8. Newcastle have only dropped 10 points in matches when they have scored first in 22 Premier League games this season - W18 D1 L3.

9. Newcastle have not won a single match in the 10 Premier League games they conceded first this season - D4 L6.

My prediction: Chelsea win 3:1, Torres nets twice.

Difficult match, even Newcastle lost 4:0 to wigan, It will all depend on daily form and mentality. But big plus for us is high confidence and home stadium. Go blues!

Spurs have an easy run in, watch them clinch 4th place now the uncertainty over Harry has ended.

Well, here's a bit of encouragement for the Bolton vs Tottenham game:

1. Tottenham have only won ONCE in 12 Premier League meetings at the Reebok - W1 D4 L7.

2. Tottenham are winless in their last 8 Premier League away games - D4 L4. Last win came in Dec 27 where they triumphed 2-0 at Carrow Road.

I feel if their is a side that should get praised for their signings it should be Newcastle. They don't break the bank for players but they all seem to be worth the money spent. I have respect for them. That said, we really need to put them away, it will make a huge statement considering our bad run earlier in the season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/01/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-chelsea

Alan Pardew will be back on familiar territory when his Newcastle United players arrive at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night. A few years ago he developed something of a fixation with José Mourinho, the then Chelsea manager, and spent part of his free time shadowing the "Special One".

"I know Chelsea well," said Pardew. "Before I got this job and moved north, Chelsea was perhaps the team I visited most. I did a big study of Mourinho, how he played and how he got that unbeaten record at home."

Along the way Mourinho, now coaching Real Madrid, invited him behind the scenes. "I took in Chelsea's training ground a couple of times," said the Newcastle manager, whose family home in Surrey is handily placed for that facility while also being a relatively easy commute from Stamford Bridge.

"I just wanted to get my head round their incredible record at home under Mourinho. They must have gone two-and-a-half seasons without losing at home and José had done that at Porto before that. It wasn't just about great players, there was obviously something else going on. I came away with a couple of things."

Many of Roberto Di Matteo's squad are familiar faces. "I know Chelsea's players very well," Pardew said. "They're re-motivated now. The fact that it was reported they needed to be replaced because they lacked legs has now worked on the other side of the coin. They're proving everybody wrong, that's what great players do."

Interesting..

I feel if their is a side that should get praised for their signings it should be Newcastle. They don't break the bank for players but they all seem to be worth the money spent. I have respect for them. That said, we really need to put them away, it will make a huge statement considering our bad run earlier in the season.

I agree. I think Ba and cisse have been the signings of the season. Cisse, 8mil. Scored more league goals since jan than torres has all season.

this is a big match to be honest, it doesn't seem like it but it is. in my opinion, far bigger then the fa cup final but no doubt we will have an eye on that final. we need to start our strongest outfit, perhaps resting one or two important players but still with respect to the toon, we need to put out a team that can beat them

cech

bosingwa ivanovic terry bertrand

romeu mikel

ramires mata sturridge

torres

Eh, he has had like 2 games this season, it's shocking. And we have an F.A Cup final saturday.

I know that Boas fucked it up with him, but this is not game for him. Well maybe if this match will be similiard to QPR's than it would be good chance. Arnoud 70th minute or so.

I know that Boas fucked it up with him, but this is not game for him. Well maybe if this match will be similiard to QPR's than it would be good chance. Arnoud 70th minute or so.

Well that's your opinion, i think it's best to play him now, but if you don't then i can't argue with that.