Chelsea vs. Newcastle

Kieran.

I think Torres will start against Newcastle, because Drogba will be the big man for Saturday.

Of course, we must win this game, but however the 3 points wont get us in top 4. Unfortunately we are still depending on the results of Arsenal and Tottenham (and their games look easy..)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Confidence sky high for us and they will be down after the 4-0 drubbing by Wigan , but nothing is certain in football , this will be a very tough game.

Agree..very tough game, but 3 points for us will be great

Don't think we should go 'all out' to be honest. I really think we should sacrifice our league position and gamble on a Champions League win because there's simply too much at stake for the 'big players' to compete in. FA Cup Final 3 days later and Champions League Final 2 weeks after that.

Does Drogba get the start because he's fresh, leaving Torres to start on Saturday, or does RDM hope to keep Torres inform and start him and leave the big big games to Drogba?

No I think Drogba could be used later in the game if and when Torres gets tired and may be has a slow game or some thing....Anyway Im going to this game and will be in the West stand upper so hopefully Torres will get a couple more goals for chelsea and get us up into the top four in the premiership wed nite......

:blue scalf: :blue scalf: Torres and drogba on the same team v newcastle i dont think so as it never works out .... well not yet this season I dont believe it works for both of them any way....!!!

mata does it for Torres and Lampard does it Drogba..... the 2 of them on the same field doesnt work though strangely enough.....????

This game isn't being televised on UK TV is it? Bastards!

Nope

Bolton vs Spurs is on tv, riveting stuff.

Will be a cracker of a game though unless the Newcastle of the first half against Wigan play then it'll be a walk in the park. I'm quite optimistic for goals in this one 3-2 either way.

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

That back four will be tested by Ba, Cissé and Ben Arfa

This is a big game for RDM tactically, If we go all out attack we can easily get exposed on the counter, And our midfield needs to be strong and not allow Cabaye and Tioté to dominate. I'd start Essien and Mikel holding, To counter that threat, and let our front four, whatever it may be, to do the damage.

I wouldn't be suprised if we sat back abit and tried to hit them on the counter. The first goal will be vital in this one, If we score it, RDM has a decision to make whether to go for more or sit back, If they score it, they'll sit back and try to hit us on the counter, Where they can be so dangerous.

Forget the FA Cup final, this ones first. A massive game and it will be a facinating one, RDM has produced the goods so far and I fancy him to get his tactics right, I can see us winning 2 or 3-1, with Super Frank amongst the scorers.