Spike

Election campaign time in Austria sucks... big time.

Frank Stronach, party leader of Team Stronach (yes, his party's name is his own last name...), gave an interview this way a couple of days ago...

Stonach.jpg

Another party leader, HC Strache (FPÖ, the right wing party in Austria) posted this pic on his official FB site...

Austria-Bare-Chested-Electioneering.jpg

Gosh, I feel so ashamed of this country's politicians...

In regards to the Syrian situation, I am split. On one hand I believe it is wrong to intervene, since it is on false grounds. We know the governments don't do it because of pity towards the civilians.

Still, you can't just stand by and let the Syrian regime slaughter it's people. We've been too quiet for too long.

Equally more Syrian people are also being slaughtered with the weapons that the west have given to the Muslim extremists who have come into Syria by western (and Arab) funding. And worse they are being slaughtered not for political reasons but for their religious beliefs.

The strike has nothing to do with the alledges chemical attacks. Its only aim is to prolong the slaughtering in Syria because the Syrian regime has been gaining the upper hand for a couple of months now and the strike aims to even things up again by weakening the Syrian air force.

Equally more Syrian people are also being slaughtered with the weapons that the west have given to the Muslim extremists who have come into Syria by western (and Arab) funding. And worse they are being slaughtered not for political reasons but for their religious beliefs.

The strike has nothing to do with the alledges chemical attacks. Its only aim is to prolong the slaughtering in Syria because the Syrian regime has been gaining the upper hand for a couple of months now and the strike aims to even things up again by weakening the Syrian air force.

It has in the west, though. It is the casus belli, reason of war.

Two wrongs does not make a right. The Regime kills innocent people, rebels and extremists. Again, I have NEVER stated that the rebels are by any means better than Assad. Not in any way. That is why I stated that I was split. The West is going to get slaughtered no matter what they do, or not do. Stand by and watch people die, or take action and watch people die. NO MATTER WHAT.

You have to understand that this situation is not only a predicament in the Middle East, but also in the West. The public do care about what happens in Syria, but what can we do, beside a military intervention? I know as well as you do that the governments do not care about the innocents getting killed, and will probably wage war in Syria for entirely different reasons.

It has in the west, though. It is the casus belli, reason of war.

Two wrongs does not make a right. The Regime kills innocent people, rebels and extremists. Again, I have NEVER stated that the rebels are by any means better than Assad. Not in any way. That is why I stated that I was split. The West is going to get slaughtered no matter what they do, or not do. Stand by and watch people die, or take action and watch people die. NO MATTER WHAT.

You have to understand that this situation is not only a predicament in the Middle East, but also in the West. The public do care about what happens in Syria, but what can we do, beside a military intervention? I know as well as you do that the governments do not care about the innocents getting killed, and will probably wage war in Syria for entirely different reasons.

The strike has been engineered and decided even before the UN committee has reached the site to investigate the alleged chemical attack. The strike has been decided even though the identity of the attacker has yet to be determined and despite the evidence the Russians have given that the chemical missiles were locally made and are likely to be the work of the extremists.

I'm not defending Bashar. His regime occupied Lebanon and terrorized people for 16 years. He is a criminal as are all Arab leaders. But I do wish that his regime does triumph in the current war for the sake of the entire region and hence my own sake.

Your public cares as much as your government wants you to and hence as much as the media shows you. Tell me, how much do you know of, and hence care about, the 26 churches that have been burnt in Egypt in the past couple of months by the Muslim brotherhood? About the hundreds of unarmed protesters that have been killed in Bahrain by the government? How much do you care about the dictatorship in KSA and the fact that most human rights don't exists there?

No offence, but the lives of the people of an entire region is more important than your guilty conscience and hypocritical double standards that you call international morals.

What can you do besides a military intervention? You can stop funding and arming people who believe that their sole goal in life is to die while killing other people so that they can go to heaven, dine with the prophet and get 52 virgins. Yup, that'd be a good start.

The strike has been engineered and decided even before the UN committee has reached the site to investigate the alleged chemical attack. The strike has been decided even though the identity of the attacker has yet to be determined and despite the evidence the Russians have given that the chemical missiles were locally made and are likely to be the work of the extremists.

I'm not defending Bashar. His regime occupied Lebanon and terrorized people for 16 years. He is a criminal as are all Arab leaders. But I do wish that his regime does triumph in the current war for the sake of the entire region and hence my own sake.

Your public cares as much as your government wants you to and hence as much as the media shows you. Tell me, how much do you know of, and hence care about, the 26 churches that have been burnt in Egypt in the past couple of months by the Muslim brotherhood? About the hundreds of unarmed protesters that have been killed in Bahrain by the government? How much do you care about the dictatorship in KSA and the fact that most human rights don't exists there?

No offence, but the lives of the people of an entire region is more important than your guilty conscience and hypocritical double standards that you call international morals.

You make a mighty lot of assumptions about me as an individual, which you really should not. Previously stated, but I do not support a war. I have stated that twice already, so please understand.

Furthermore, the ones complaining about international moral is not only western civilized populations. You Middle Eastern lot do it a lot too. Really. Not that I blame you for that.

Like I said to Volt, I do not want a war to break out. I commented on the possibility of an outbreak and the reason.

The fact that I might not be as informed about the situation in the Middle East, hopefully cannot surprise you? I get my information through researching the Internet and the media. Please do not assume ANYTHING about me regarding media bias and indulgence. I know it is a touchy subject, but do not question my interest and opinion on this matter, purely because of the absence of evidence rather than the existence of evidence.

Of course lives are more important. That is why I am fucking split between intervention and staying out. At least a guilty conscience is better than the vox populi of "Let them fucking die in their own wars, the less the better" don't you think?

The other thing is what is more morally repugnant, and who is to judge ? I am talking about children in Iraq, Gaza and Afghanistan for instance having their limbs and heads torn from their bodies because of strikes by pilotless US and Israeli drones and bombs. Is chemical death worse, and who decides ? If chemical death is deemed to have 'crossed a line' when did it change ? Thousands of Vietnamese are still suffereing to this day and in the future from US chemical warfare ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401378/Agent-Orange-Vietnamese-children-suffering-effects-herbicide-sprayed-US-Army-40-years-ago.html

If it is so bad according to the US and UK, surely some of the moral indignation would be channelled into going to help these poor Vietnamese people

You make a mighty lot of assumptions about me as an individual, which you really should not. Previously stated, but I do not support a war. I have stated that twice already, so please understand.

Furthermore, the ones complaining about international moral is not only western civilized populations. You Middle Eastern lot do it a lot too. Really. Not that I blame you for that.

Like I said to Volt, I do not want a war to break out. I commented on the possibility of an outbreak and the reason.

The fact that I might not be as informed about the situation in the Middle East, hopefully cannot surprise you? I get my information through researching the Internet and the media. Please do not assume ANYTHING about me regarding media bias and indulgence. I know it is a touchy subject, but do not question my interest and opinion on this matter, purely because of the absence of evidence rather than the existence of evidence.

Of course lives are more important. That is why I am fucking split between intervention and staying out. At least a guilty conscience is better than the vox populi of "Let them fucking die in their own wars, the less the better" don't you think?

You does not refer to you as an individual but rather to you as a western public. I make no assumptions about you because I know nothing about you as a person. Instead the first time I used you was meant for the Western public since you brought it up and the second time refers to the western countries and armies since you asked "what do you want us to do?".

Intervention with the claim of stopping the slaughters doesn't convince anyone since you are a large reason why the slaughters are happening in the first place (again, not you as a person but the western armies and governments).

You does not refer to you as an individual but rather to you as a western public. I make no assumptions about you because I know nothing about you as a person. Instead the first time I used you was meant for the Western public since you brought it up and the second time refers to the western countries and armies since you asked "what do you want us to do?".

Intervention with the claim of stopping the slaughters doesn't convince anyone since you are a large reason why the slaughters are happening in the first place (again, not you as a person but the western armies and governments).

Alright, let us agree to disagree then :)

The other thing is what is more morally repugnant, and who is to judge ? I am talking about children in Iraq, Gaza and Afghanistan for instance having their limbs and heads torn from their bodies because of strikes by pilotless US and Israeli drones and bombs. Is chemical death worse, and who decides ? If chemical death is deemed to have 'crossed a line' when did it change ? Thousands of Vietnamese are still suffereing to this day and in the future from US chemical warfare ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401378/Agent-Orange-Vietnamese-children-suffering-effects-herbicide-sprayed-US-Army-40-years-ago.html

If it is so bad according to the US and UK, surely some of the moral indignation would be channelled into going to help these poor Vietnamese people

The US wants to invade a country for using Chemical weapons in the same day that papers have surfaced that prove that the US aided and urged Saddam to use even worse chemical weapons on Iran in 1988: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402174/CIA-helped-Saddam-Hussein-make-chemical-weapons-attack-Iran-1988-Ronald-Reagan.html

The chemical weapon excuse is not even worth discussing. The hypocrisy and double standards are so glaringly obvious.

Also what will missile strikes on Syria acomplish ?? Will it stop the violence ?? No it will make the Assad regime dig its heels in and more resilient. More deaths will occur.

I suppose when most of Washingtons politicians are in the pockets of arms manufacturers it all makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Todays thought;

The richest 400 Americans now own more wealth than the bottom 180 million taken together.. Its just over $2 Trillion, and their wealth has doubled in the last 10 years of,hahahaha, er..mainly recession.

Half of the world’s population lives in poverty, with one person in every eight suffering from malnutrition. Poverty kills approximately 19 people around the world every minute of every day of every month.

If a virus was discovered to be responsible for more than 25,000 deaths a day, the world would stop at nothing to find a cure. But poverty? Nah , thats just capitalism.

Just sayin...

Todays thought;

The richest 400 Americans now own more wealth than the bottom 180 million taken together.. Its just over $2 Trillion, and their wealth has doubled in the last 10 years of,hahahaha, er..mainly recession.

Half of the world’s population lives in poverty, with one person in every eight suffering from malnutrition. Poverty kills approximately 19 people around the world every minute of every day of every month.

If a virus was discovered to be responsible for more than 25,000 deaths a day, the world would stop at nothing to find a cure. But poverty? Nah , thats just capitalism.

Just sayin...

Same goes for environmental issues as well. By 2025, 70% of the world population will not have access to clean water. But no one seems to care...

Same goes for environmental issues as well. By 2025, 70% of the world population will not have access to clean water. But no one seems to care...

Very true. Most people seem to spend their lives trying to acquire possessions and consuming, leaving general humanity behind.

Its crazy the way this ball spinning in space is divided up into territories, each with their flags and separate ways. Mmm bit like football clubs...