Spike

19 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I can concede that Goku is an Alien, although that fact was not known in the Dragonball in which that movie was based on. The Alien story was pulled out of Toriyama's ass when he wanted to cash in by continuing the story for Fuji among other things. Looking at Goku in comparison to Chichi(or Yamucha really), who both were cast as Asians, you can see the difference is practically nil

We can admit at least Goku, even as an alien, was intended to be Asian in appearance. I feel the movie would have been a hit if they remained true to that casting choice and gave the people of America a goku that looked the way he was intended. This was also a world that had talking pigs, other aliens, and super natural stuff at every corner including time travel from his other work(Dr.Slump).

Saiyan

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I have evidence. It is right on top of this page. You dont hesitate to ban members for childish reasons and you are completely fine with that message. I got nothing more to say to you.

"Completely fine with the message" Don't make me laugh you delusional fool. You act like I read every single post on this forum, I do not and in fact I haven't even read that post, just you whinging about anti-semitism, and I came to defend myself against your allegations. Next time, tell me why it's a problem instead of just demanding that I ban someone, I'm not here to get offended for you.

I haven't banned anyone in a long time, just so you know, mainly because I don't do it anymore. But that doesn't change a thing because according to you I hate Jews. 

Maybe I should ban both you, Leif for anti-semitism and you for slander against my character. That'd be fair.

By the way, who have I personally banned for childish reasons? Please tell me.

This is the politics thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here, no matter how heated, controversial or misinformed. It up to people to engage with others and give them a new view point, a new perspective, not to ridicule them or cry 'wolf' when they hurt your feelings. Challenge ideas, challenge their opinions, because that is the only way you'll change someone. Banning them, censoring their opinions will lead to nothing.

Making a hateful or prejudiced person change their mind is an infinitely better good than just shaming them and removing their voice.

1 hour ago, -Kaplan- said:

I'm Jewish American and there are Israelis on this forum. How is what you're saying not being anti-semitic? "The jews must be stopped." Give me a break. You've been reading too much protocols of the elders of zion. 

I'm against all religion. Don't feel too special now.

1 hour ago, -Kaplan- said:

I'm Jewish American and there are Israelis on this forum. How is what you're saying not being anti-semitic? "The jews must be stopped." Give me a break. You've been reading too much protocols of the elders of zion. 

International Jewry   followers of Judaism/ everyday people with Jewish ethnicity

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

What does that even mean?

it means when someone talks about "stopping the jews", it normally means the Rothschild family , bankers , media, all the guys in power. It dosen't mean smashing up some kids bah mitzvah party.

22 minutes ago, lucio said:

it means when someone talks about "stopping the jews", it normally means the Rothschild family , bankers , media, all the guys in power. It dosen't mean smashing up some kids bah mitzvah party.

I love Milo Yiannopoulos but he is wrong on what the alt-right is. The alt-right is a movement that states there can be no Western Civilisation without European ethnicity and the two are intrinsically inseparable, it is a concept that rejects integration and refuses to accept that anyone other than those with European heritage can be truly western. It is broad Euro-nationalism at its core. Yiannopolous isn't alt-right, he is a neo-con with very libertarian views on free speech. Most people think the alt-right is an ideology that rejects the establishment, rejects globalism and rejects political correctness and the big government that comes with it. It isn't. David Duke (former Klansmen) and Richard B. Spencer (Neo-Nazi) are two examples of the true alt-right. 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8638/what-alt-right-ben-shapiro

2 hours ago, Leif said:

I'm against all religion. Don't feel too special now.

Most American jews are secular. You can be jewish without being a follower of Judaism. 

Jews are 2% of the American population, yet you claim we "control" everything behind the scenes. You must have missed your pill. Hurry o n now. 

5 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Saiyan

Very true, but that wasn't made or known until the Z chapters of the story. The Dragon ball evolution was very much created during the time where Son Goku was just another wild child as following the Journey to the west. 

On this front we would have to wonder whether or not the monkey king, in all incarnations, is meant to resemble actually. If we accept he looks similar to Chichi, and Chichi is cast as Asian in the film, what can we assume for Goku's appearance?

Judging by the source material, we can see at points, Chichi even has eyes which appear more full than even that of Goku:

As kids

latest?cb=20120715193814

As Teenagers

latest?cb=20110730171300

This gels with what we can assume about the original story. Chichi and the Ox King, are clearly Chinese. In fact as soon as she becomes of age, and until the end of the series as I know she wears a Cheongsam, a contemporary sign of Chinese feminism/nationalism. She can only be Chinese in a world even where China, as we know it, doesnt exist. If Goku resembles her, then Ahmed what could he be?

4 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Most American jews are secular. You can be jewish without being a follower of Judaism. 

Jews are 2% of the American population, yet you claim we "control" everything behind the scenes. You must have missed your pill. Hurry o n now. 

People get these paranoid delusions because Jews are over-represented in the media. When half of Hollywood films have Jewish stars, when half of what we see on TV is Jewish people start to get skewed views on reality.

In actuality it's just because Jews pretty much created Hollywood and many Jewish cultures have learning and success as an important part of their culture. It's no surprise when a culture that has history of achieving has many people in powerful positions. From my perspective that is something to be proud of.

Really, how many Jews go to Temple weekly, practise a Kosher lifestyle and read the Torah daily? Outside of the Hasidic freaks in Brooklyn (I've heard some horror stories about them) not many.

6 hours ago, lucio said:

Yiannopolous is a troll and the alt right is just white supremacy/neo-nazi thought repackaged under a more acceptable brand. 

It's funny how people want to talk about the over-representation of Jews in so and so entertainment and banking spheres but no one talks about the over-representation of Catholics in fields that do matter. i.e Politics. Just look at American Politics as a case reference.

And I'm not against Catholics or anyone by the way. That's obviously an imbecilic way of viewing the world, putting people in these categories. I just think some people have this cognitive bias against certain groups but are numb to or ignorant of the fact that these pre-suppositions can equally be levelled against other societal sub-groups. To a stronger degree. 

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

It's funny how people want to talk about the over-representation of Jews in so and so entertainment and banking spheres but no one talks about the over-representation of Catholics in fields that do matter. i.e Politics. Just look at American Politics as a case reference.

And I'm not against Catholics or anyone by the way. That's obviously an imbecilic way of viewing the world, putting people in these categories. I just think some people have this cognitive bias against certain groups but are numb to or ignorant of the fact that these pre-suppositions can equally be levelled against other societal sub-groups. To a stronger degree. 

Well, there are a lot more Catholics than Jews, no? It's like one quarter of America. Besides people see Catholicism as a choice, one can be a Catholic and leave the church and no longer be a Catholic. That isn't the same in Judaism, no matter what a Jew does, they are still a Jew, even if they convert.