Spike

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I was watching this video on bible Prophecy and politics. 

The presenter seems to not agreed with Hillary. This was before the election, so I was wondering if what he is saying about Hilary is true. 

Check it out:

I actually heard of this guy based on his missionary work in Indonesia, which I would imagine could be dangerous considering its the most populous Islamic nation on earth. I know he is Australian, but he doesnt look like he could be indonesian to me. Almost looks hapa.

As far as his prophecy teachings it definitely is an interesting viewpoint. I cant say that I, even as a christian in my youth,can say I ever bought in or put too much thought in that type of Evangelism. I must admit I was more of a nice Joel Osteen/motivational speaker type of Christian. Do you think this pastor is correct in the views he express in this video?

2 hours ago, lucio said:

What do you think about the Japanese cartoons, where they portray themselves as looking european half the time? I've never understood it, considering how proud and coservative Japan is supposed to be

Its just art styles in most cases,although there is an argument to be made If Nigerians were making Animation and trying to pass

62992319.png

As just one of the Igbo boys down the street the way some shows try to throw in blonde hair and blue eyes as ethnic Yamato traits when not a single one of us have that then there would be an interesting view at the cultural context to allow such things to be accepted merely on face value. That is a psychologist question though.

50 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't true. The thing about anime is that people project their own ethnicity onto the characters. Most Japanese viewers will state that Goku is Japanese, while most Westerners will say he is white.

@Sir Mikel OBE I consider institutionalised racism to be laws (not private entities) that target people of specific races. The last I checked Jim Crow was done. I don't really consider things like Hamilton or the Ghost in the Shell incident sincere institutionalised racism (Mitsurugi is a human that has had her brain placed into a machine, she can look whatever ethnicity necessary, literally anyone who has watched the anime would know this, proving that the people outraged by it don't actually care) .

If you can find me a federal, state or local law that targets people of a particular race, then I'll conceded that institutionalised racism exists.

Affirmative action that I mentioned is institutionalized racism. Asians have to score higher than whites, and other groups, to get into comparable universities.

Do Elite Colleges Discriminate Against Asians?

Acceptance rates at US medical schools in 2015 reveal ongoing racial preferences for blacks and Hispanics

As far as the Major's looks are concerned I could accept that she was foreign, in appearance, if every spelling of the character I have seen was not in Kanji. I find it hard to suspend my disbelief that was always meant to be caucasian in Appearance with a Kanji name written out. It doesnt make sense in any cultural context.

I gave the media examples because the media plays a large part in shaping ideas that form the world we see around us. Take Uncle Tom's cabin in the 1850s. The Abolitionist cause was set on fire by the story of a well-wishing, and loyal, black man who deserved freedom from bondage. If Asians are stereotyped as background scenery what push there for society at large to stand up for their rights? To demand they be treated the same by hiring managers for leadership roles in companies? Its a circle towards equality.

Lyor Cohen, a tall white Jewish man from Israel, runs hip hop. He freezes your bank accounts and changes your tracklistings if you oppose him, but before you even reach that level, you must have sex with him. From Dr Dre to Young Thug, this man has been balls-deep in some of hip hop's biggest stars. What Kanye, Dame Dash, Katt Williams and so many others allude to, the 'illuminati' they speak of, is simply the Jews who control media. They have so much power beyond their front of a rich family guy. They are so terrible behind the scenes. Abusive and manipulative, exploitairy & racist. 

I learned today after researching some random related shit that Jewish people all have common DNA, can you believe that?

Can you also believe a black Jewish man could exist? (I couldn't. It's the only religion or following besides the damn KKK which doesn't invite POC to the party. The Jews must be stopped, but they are far too powerful.)

11 minutes ago, Leif said:

Lyor Cohen, a tall white Jewish man from Israel, runs hip hop. He freezes your bank accounts and changes your tracklistings if you oppose him, but before you even reach that level, you must have sex with him. From Dr Dre to Young Thug, this man has been balls-deep in some of hip hop's biggest stars. What Kanye, Dame Dash, Katt Williams and so many others allude to, the 'illuminati' they speak of, is simply the Jews who control media. They have so much power beyond their front of a rich family guy. They are so terrible behind the scenes. Abusive and manipulative, exploitairy & racist. 

I learned today after researching some random related shit that Jewish people all have common DNA, can you believe that?

Hide contents

Can you also believe a black Jewish man could exist? (I couldn't. It's the only religion or following besides the damn KKK which doesn't invite POC to the party. The Jews must be stopped, but they are far too powerful.)

Do you mean black and ethnically jewish? or just followers of Judaism? They spread the religion to Ethiopia thousands of years ago, and they claim to be Jewish, when they aren't really

51 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I actually heard of this guy based on his missionary work in Indonesia, which I would imagine could be dangerous considering its the most populous Islamic nation on earth. I know he is Australian, but he doesnt look like he could be indonesian to me. Almost looks hapa.

As far as his prophecy teachings it definitely is an interesting viewpoint. I cant say that I, even as a christian in my youth,can say I ever bought in or put too much thought in that type of Evangelism. I must admit I was more of a nice Joel Osteen/motivational speaker type of Christian. Do you think this pastor is correct in the views he express in this video?

Its just art styles in most cases,although there is an argument to be made If Nigerians were making Animation and trying to pass

As just one of the Igbo boys down the street the way some shows try to throw in blonde hair and blue eyes as ethnic Yamato traits when not a single one of us have that then there would be an interesting view at the cultural context to allow such things to be accepted merely on face value. That is a psychologist question though.

Affirmative action that I mentioned is institutionalized racism. Asians have to score higher than whites, and other groups, to get into comparable universities.

Do Elite Colleges Discriminate Against Asians?

Acceptance rates at US medical schools in 2015 reveal ongoing racial preferences for blacks and Hispanics

As far as the Major's looks are concerned I could accept that she was foreign, in appearance, if every spelling of the character I have seen was not in Kanji. I find it hard to suspend my disbelief that was always meant to be caucasian in Appearance with a Kanji name written out. It doesnt make sense in any cultural context.

I gave the media examples because the media plays a large part in shaping ideas that form the world we see around us. Take Uncle Tom's cabin in the 1850s. The Abolitionist cause was set on fire by the story of a well-wishing, and loyal, black man who deserved freedom from bondage. If Asians are stereotyped as background scenery what push there for society at large to stand up for their rights? To demand they be treated the same by hiring managers for leadership roles in companies? Its a circle towards equality.

Motoko (not Mitsurugi my mistake) literally gets her brain taken out and placed into different bodies. She can literally be any race. I've watched the show and several of the iterations, her race has nothing to do with this, one of the entire philosophical concepts of GITS is if Motoko is still considered a human being and if she has the free will of one.  To be so focused on the race of the 'body' of the character defeats the entire purpose of GITS, it simply skips over the question 'is she really a human'? The name 'Ghost in the Shell' refers exactly to this, the body is just the 'shell' it means nothing, but the 'ghost', her brain is heavily digitalised; ergo is she still a human? I will reiterate the people being upset about this casting don't care at all about GITS.

If you consider affirmative action to be a part of institutionalised racism, yes the later still exists but purely from a governmental law perspective, it doesn't exist. 

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Motoko (not Mitsurugi my mistake) literally gets her brain taken out and placed into different bodies. She can literally be any race. I've watched the show and several of the iterations, her race has nothing to do with this, one of the entire philosophical concepts of GITS is if Motoko is still considered a human being and if she has the free will of one.  To be so focused on the race of the 'body' of the character defeats the entire purpose of GITS, it simply skips over the question 'is she really a human'? The name 'Ghost in the Shell' refers exactly to this, the body is just the 'shell' it means nothing, but the 'ghost', her brain is heavily digitalised; ergo is she still a human? I will reiterate the people being upset about this casting don't care at all about GITS.

If you consider affirmative action to be a part of institutionalised racism, yes the later still exists but purely from a governmental law perspective, it doesn't exist. 

The biggest institution in America is the government and Affirmative action exists within it. This is institutional racism on the most basic level.

The name, even with that explanation, remains a pressing issue though.  If she is in a white, meaningless, shell for race then the Majors name would be spelled in a way to denote a foreign aspect. Instead we get it spelled in a way that explicitly denotes Japanese-ness, or Asian origin. It seems a weird oversight doesnt it? Especially considering the nuance used to spelling it in that specific way?

23 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The biggest institution in America is the government and Affirmative action exists within it. This is institutional racism on the most basic level.

The name, even with that explanation, remains a pressing issue though.  If she is in a white, meaningless, shell for race then the Majors name would be spelled in a way to denote a foreign aspect. Instead we get it spelled in a way that explicitly denotes Japanese-ness, or Asian origin. It seems a weird oversight doesnt it? Especially considering the nuance used to spelling it in that specific way?

The character is Japanese as GITS is set in a fictional Japanese city, that is why. The appearance of the character is meaningless in this context. You need to separate the appearance from nationality in this scenario. GITS would never be accurate unless it was entirely in Japanese, with English used in the international context.

If Scarlette Johanssen could speak perfect Japanese, with the CGI altered appearance to give her a unhuman look, I think it'd make this film perfect. It won't happen but that is how I feel as a fan of the series.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

The character is Japanese as GITS is set in a fictional Japanese city, that is why. The appearance of the character is meaningless in this context. You need to separate the appearance from nationality in this scenario. GITS would never be accurate unless it was entirely in Japanese, with English used in the international context.

If Scarlette Johanssen could speak perfect Japanese, with the CGI altered appearance to give her a unhuman look, I think it'd make this film perfect. It won't happen but that is how I feel as a fan of the series.

It means something because thats always been a signifier in telling whether or not someone is considered Japanese or not given the fact that characters have big alien eyes and hair colors that span the spectrum of the rainbow.

Its a lack of respect for the source material that means the film will, in all honesty, fail. I said the same thing with Dragonball Evolution and Speed racer. The fans can tell when their beloved franchise is being dragged through the creative mud, and they react in part to that. 

It could be accurate without a full Japanese cast, but we have to be realistic. In a nation as diverse as America there is no reason for Scarlett to be cast as a Motoko Kusanagi, with a full Kanji name as the source material. It looks about as bad as Justin Chitin being cast as Son Goku:lol:

10 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

It means something because thats always been a signifier in telling whether or not someone is considered Japanese or not given the fact that characters have big alien eyes and hair colors that span the spectrum of the rainbow.

Its a lack of respect for the source material that means the film will, in all honesty, fail. I said the same thing with Dragonball Evolution and Speed racer. The fans can tell when their beloved franchise is being dragged through the creative mud, and they react in part to that. 

It could be accurate without a full Japanese cast, but we have to be realistic. In a nation as diverse as America there is no reason for Scarlett to be cast as a Motoko Kusanagi, with a full Kanji name as the source material. It looks about as bad as Justin Chitin being cast as Son Goku:lol:

Goku is an alien and Motoko is a cyborg. This isn't disrespect to the source material at all it's you reading to much into something that has nothing to do with series as Motoko's nationality has little if anything to do with her character. It's a futuristic sci-fi fiction series with cyborgs running around doing clandestine government business, they aren't portraying Oda Nobunaga as a white man. 

Hell,  to be honest we don't even know if Motoko was Japanese, or if she is even a Japanese citizen, that is how little of her past we are shown. For all we know, she could simply have learned Japanese, or it could have been installed into her brain. At the end of one of the millions of series, she states she doesn't remember her real name, so her Japanese name is an alias.

She might not even be a real human, with fake memories implanted. 

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is a joke?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Goku is an alien and Motoko is a cyborg. This isn't disrespect to the source material at all it's you reading to much into something that has nothing to do with series as Motoko's nationality has little if anything to do with her character. It's a futuristic sci-fi fiction series with cyborgs running around doing clandestine government business, they aren't portraying Oda Nobunaga as a white man. 

Hell,  to be honest we don't even know if Motoko was Japanese, or if she is even a Japanese citizen, that is how little of her past we are shown. For all we know, she could simply have learned Japanese, or it could have been installed into her brain. At the end of one of the millions of series, she states she doesn't remember her real name, so her Japanese name is an alias.

She might not even be a real human, with fake memories implanted. 

If she just learned Japanese, and took a name, her name wouldnt be written in Kanji in the source materials. Its like the rules have to magically change, in all anime, if we are to accept that Matoko Kusanagi was never meant to be Japanese/Asian in appearance.

I can concede that Goku is an Alien, although that fact was not known in the Dragonball in which that movie was based on. The Alien story was pulled out of Toriyama's ass when he wanted to cash in by continuing the story for Fuji among other things. Looking at Goku in comparison to Chichi(or Yamucha really), who both were cast as Asians, you can see the difference is practically nil

d445be746a21bad7fb4cb65456e4fbbf.jpg

We can admit at least Goku, even as an alien, was intended to be Asian in appearance. I feel the movie would have been a hit if they remained true to that casting choice and gave the people of America a goku that looked the way he was intended. This was also a world that had talking pigs, other aliens, and super natural stuff at every corner including time travel from his other work(Dr.Slump).

6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

If she just learned Japanese, and took a name, her name wouldnt be written in Kanji in the source materials. Its like the rules have to magically change, in all anime, if we are to accept that Matoko Kusanagi was never meant to be Japanese/Asian in appearance.

I can concede that Goku is an Alien, although that fact was not known in the Dragonball in which that movie was based on. The Alien story was pulled out of Toriyama's ass when he wanted to cash in by continuing the story for Fuji among other things. Looking at Goku in comparison to Chichi(or Yamucha really), who both were cast as Asians, you can see the difference is practically nil

We can admit at least Goku, even as an alien, was intended to be Asian in appearance. I feel the movie would have been a hit if they remained true to that casting choice and gave the people of America a goku that looked the way he was intended. This was also a world that had talking pigs, other aliens, and super natural stuff at every corner including time travel from his other work(Dr.Slump).

It's a bloody alias that she has had for years. I can have an alias, look my name is now 吉良 吉影. That doesn't mean I'm Japanese. I really cannot fathom why you are so obsessed with the naming. She has purple hair and red eyes when every other character that isn't a cyborg is realistic looking, she doesn't look human, she looks synthetic and that is why I mentioned earlier an inhuman and ambiguous appearance would be most appropriate. She isn't a typical case, I'd accept all the characters of Akira would have to be Japanese or all the Samurai Champloo but not this science fiction.  And guess what Oshii the original director for GITS supports the decision, on top of that Shirow has stated that her body is a 'mass production' model and that her body looks nothing like her original body. I have not, will not accept that her shell is explicitly meant to be Japanese in appearance. On the otherhand characters like Togusa are 100% Japanese.

Chi Chi looks exactly the same as Android 18, because every character in DBZ has the same face. Even Piccolo has the same face.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

It's a bloody alias that she has had for years. I can have an alias, look my name is now 吉良 吉影. That doesn't mean I'm Japanese. I really cannot fathom why you are so obsessed with the naming. She has purple hair and red eyes when every other character that isn't a cyborg is realistic looking, she doesn't look human, she looks synthetic and that is why I mentioned earlier an inhuman and ambiguous appearance would be most appropriate. She isn't a typical case, I'd accept all the characters of Akira would have to be Japanese or all the Samurai Champloo but not this science fiction.  And guess what Oshii the original director for GITS supports the decision, on top of that Shirow has stated that her body is a 'mass production' model and that her body looks nothing like her original body. I have not, will not accept that her shell is explicitly meant to be Japanese in appearance. On the otherhand characters like Togusa are 100% Japanese.

Chi Chi looks exactly the same as Android 18, because every character in DBZ has the same face. Even Piccolo has the same face.

And if you pulled that name out it would replaced with Katakana really quick the same way every non Japanese assumed character, in every anime, video game, light novel, manga, and TV show that is ever produced is done. There are specific ways to denote characters that are not Asian, and the fact that the name is written in Kanji absolutely pushes the idea towards her not being the example. Togusa, judging by the spelling, actually has a name that implies non-japanese/foreign born. Looking at togusa, he doesnt look like he is meant to be Japanese any more than the major. In fact less so seeing as his hair appears lighter:

1442479028-f023270cd05c72decc1003a5825dc

I wouldnt even be mad if they took a regionalized version of the property and made the film based on that. Speed Racer was, artistically, an amazing film that made a good choice going with Emile Hirsch. That is because they were going off the translation/regionalized version where the Japanese Go is a regular western teen Speed, and they go from there.  If this was GITS, and the major was Margaret Kingsley running around New York killing mafia members I could accept that A-OK. But we have Scarlett playing Motoko Kusanagi? Running around a city that looks to be based on the Osaka metropolitan area(or even Hong Kong)? In a nation wth plenty of Japanese/Asian actresses available to fill such a role? Its silly, nobody is going to be able to sit through that without laughing :lol: I can promise you its going to flop like Dragonball evolution.

On the Chichi front if she looks like every other Dragonball Z character why was she,Yamucha, mai, and Roshi cast as Asian while the main character was cast as Caucasian? Why is it Asian actors are easy to find except when its time to give the lead role away?

18 hours ago, Leif said:

I wish it was. 

I'm Jewish American and there are Israelis on this forum. How is what you're saying not being anti-semitic? "The jews must be stopped." Give me a break. You've been reading too much protocols of the elders of zion. 

22 hours ago, Leif said:

Reveal hidden contents

The reason they are powerful is because they are God's elect. 

The Jewish is a major proof that Yawheh god of the Bible is real. As he made a promise about Israel always having a people. And it's amazing since they're first exile by the Babylonians, to the second exile by the Romans. To thousands of years being scattered to the nazi concentration camp. 

The fact that the Jews exist today is a modern miracle and that's all due to the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. 

39 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

I'm Jewish American and there are Israelis on this forum. How is what you're saying not being anti-semitic? "The jews must be stopped." Give me a break. You've been reading too much protocols of the elders of zion. 

This website quite antisemitic. That message will be ignored just like xPeterCzechx's application to become a moderator. It is better to ignore them.

15 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This website quite antisemitic. That message will be ignored just like xPeterCzechx's application to become a moderator. It is better to ignore them.

It wasn't ignored you daft bastard, I read it personally and shared it with the other staff members, and if it was ignored it wouldn't be because of his faith. Why are you hiding behind the slander of 'anti-semitism', that is a toxic word if I ever read one. You have no evidence of anti-semitism yet you find time to character assassinate because of your own victim complex.  Why don't you challenge this supposed anti-semitism instead of crying about it? I'm not here to protect your feelings, so man up and prove them wrong.

Next time you spout that bullshit you better have a fantastic piece of evidence.

sadfsadf_zpsns7gm1sb.png