The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to it now. Might take 14 in for p/x now, remember p/xing 13 last year for 14 and they knocked £1 off :D

It's really good, however the players turning and changing direction seem some what too quick and very unrealistic. I mean I know it's an early build and that but there is a few little worries in there that I hope get sorted for full release.

Still really enjoying thus far though.

Didn't like FIFA 14 at all. This is better and has a much better feel. They've made some nice improvements. Players make far better runs, tactics improvements, great camera, GKs actually come out and deal with crosses and corners, players mess shots up more. But passes, shots and headers are far too powerful, it's still all about pace, it's far too easy to turn players (even with players that aren't that fast, an absolute brease with those who do have pace). That makes the game too easy and I don't like it. The game becomes so boring after a while because of it. It's sad FIFA can never get that balance.

Edit: Forgot to add, the defending by the CPU is poor.

There have been some positive noises about PES. Will be interesting to see whether they can deliver. Still waiting for a very good football game.

Cut scenes can be annoying but also very, very impressive. The new switch from corners is great and the hands up like Willian does is brilliant.

I have a sound bar that needs testing out linked to my PS4 so cannot wait to ramp it up later. It's hard not to look too deep as it's a demo and hopefully the flaws are ironed out on release/patched quickly.

Have to agree with polo7 the grass scars are amazing, so true to life.

So, I can't get the demo to run properly on my laptop. I really hope it's just the same story as the past 2 years when the demo wouldn't really work for me, too, and not anything to do with the new engine etc otherwise this could turn out to be the first year I can't play a new FIFA.

Just for fun, I just checked whether my laptop should be able to run FIFA 14 and NBA 2k14 or not, and both should be unplayable with my laptop. For some reason though, I got both games running while using the highest settings...

Try updating the Direct X or your GPU driver.

Finaly Aguero with realistic face...plenty of new faces that look nice. Old faces got some sort of rebuild and now their eyes look weird as fuck.

However is there actualy any difference between 14 and 15 on ps3? Perhaps small change in gameplay, but in demo its still quite laggy and Im not too impressed about it...

PS4 looks awesome though.

Wish I had ps4...anybody trade ps3 for ps4? :halo:

Wow this demo looks great. A lot of unpredictable things happen in game and makes it exciting. It's pretty easy to score if you got Hazard or Neymar on the ball (career mode they will hopefully be my wingers). It's also possible to make cooler goals with players making good runs.

Also, Costa is a fucking beast in this game. I like it a lot.

Liking it so far.

It feels very different. Not in a bad way just more realistic, much less every player can dribble like a god sort of thing.

Loving the new pace. No more elastic band sort of feel. If hazard gets past a slow defender he won't be caught.

Shooting seems harder and the keepers are better which is another good edition.

Graphics are amazing, and the animations add to the feel. Even the moving advertising boards are a great little touch.

The voice recognition on the sub/formation/tactic changes seems really cool and is a great way to save time. Not sure if the novelty will just wear off though.

Refs are in the game as well.

Tbh it's rare I'm ever this positive about a fifa demo. I end up playing them all for ages anyway but I'm rarely impressed by the demo. I'm trying to think of bad points and I'm struggling. Some things are harder to do, but then I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad thing as it's the same for everyone.

If you like fifa you should like this game... (well the demo at least). And if you like fifa and wanted a bit more realism with animation and graphical upgrades you will love it. (the demo at least).

Only played a few games of the demo but looking forward to release.

The shooting and the goalkeepers are from an old build before gamescom..so expect them to be much improved on the full game.

Feels decent so far, but I never play vs. the CPU anyway so I'm just eager to see what it's like online and on clubs.

I played it for about 3 hours last night and it simply gets better every time. The presentation across the game is exceptional especially the Barclays PL team line ups exactly as it is on SKY and it's also great how Martin Tyler reads individual players names out during the team selection