The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Sad and made a Japanese account.....downloaded it for PS4 this morning, if you can't wait till maybe 1pm/5pm not sure ....make a japanese PSN account and you can download it!

buttons are a bit weird and it's in Japanese...but I figured it!

• Graphics are spot on,Annoying you can only play at that Shit hole Anfield...but hey ho..only a couple of a couple of weeks to wait!
  • It's an old build of the game so will be much improved come the final release!
  • Seemed a little fast to me
  • New presentation is great
  • Costa is a beast
  • shooting is much more erratic as someone else pointed out...which defo makes for a better game
  • noticed when you play as the home team, when you score the stadium rocks! will feel great scoring goals against friends now I think!

Just started to play the demo. It automatically starts a game between the Scousers and City. And for some reason I'm selected with the Scoosers. Just wanted to show a photo:

2prvjuo.jpg

As you can see this is for PC and it looks so different than previous versions. I can't imagine what will the game look like on next gen consoles. :X Need to find money as soon as possible and buy it.

Just started to play the demo. It automatically starts a game between the Scousers and City. And for some reason I'm selected with the Scoosers. Just wanted to show a photo:2prvjuo.jpg As you can see this is for PC and it looks so different than previous versions. I can't imagine what will the game look like on next gen consoles. :X Need to find money as soon as possible and buy it.

Mate not being bad about this but PC's with decent graphics cards are MILES ahead of consoles!!!

My rig can already play games at 4k resolution! Neither Xbone or PS4 can do that and never will!!!

Don't get suckered into the hype - consoles are great - but at £400 are nowhere near a PC in terms of performance and game loading times, on a Raid 0 SSD - games load so quick it's untrue - on a console with a disc and standard HDD you just sit and wait... :)

Mate not being bad about this but PC's with decent graphics cards are MILES ahead of consoles!!!

My rig can already play games at 4k resolution! Neither Xbone or PS4 can do that and never will!!!

Don't get suckered into the hype - consoles are great - but at £400 are nowhere near a PC in terms of performance and game loading times, on a Raid 0 SSD - games load so quick it's untrue - on a console with a disc and standard HDD you just sit and wait... :)

That's all true but at least in FIFA the PC versions have always been very much outdated in the last few years. Maybe it's because there's not enough players for the PC version that they haven't really given it much thought and just released a game that's basically the same as the previous year's console version but now it looks like they've really worked on it and made it similar to the console builds.

That's all true but at least in FIFA the PC versions have always been very much outdated in the last few years. Maybe it's because there's not enough players for the PC version that they haven't really given it much thought and just released a game that's basically the same as the previous year's console version but now it looks like they've really worked on it and made it similar to the console builds.

Ok - but now the Xbox and PS4 are running the same architecture as a PC

Before they had Endian problems ;)

Now all artwork can be shared amongst all 3 systems - so there's no excuse from Publishers not to make good PC games ;)

I worked with the guys on FIFA 12 and 13 and don't remember the art assets being downgraded? Maybe your gfx card couldn't handle higher settings?

Anyway - lets just enjoy the game however it's played :)

Ok - but now the Xbox and PS4 are running the same architecture as a PC

Before they had Endian problems ;)

Now all artwork can be shared amongst all 3 systems - so there's no excuse from Publishers not to make good PC games ;)

I worked with the guys on FIFA 12 and 13 and don't remember the art assets being downgraded? Maybe your gfx card couldn't handle higher settings?

Anyway - lets just enjoy the game however it's played :)

Never played FIFA on a PC but I've heard people complaining they haven't been as good as on consoles but it's great if that's not the case anymore.

Reading some positive reviews now despite the keepers it sounds superb. The graphics are apparently amazing and the game is very sharp indeed.

Cannot wait to get home and download it and have a game of it with my lad.

Just downloaded it and managed a quick game....

Feels a lot more sharper than last year and so it should really. Played as Chelsea v Man City and only played one half due to time. The CPU's defenders seem to commit a little bit more in this demo, they seem to go in to a slide challenge more often so if you are switched and quick fingered you can evade them and really get away from them. People like Willian and Hazard seem so easy to control, very light but also lighting quick on and off the ball. Costa is very hard to shrug off the ball and is is very good at finding space in the box.

The keepers are so much better in terms of agility. You can see they have severely worked on because they react in a totally different way now. The dives are not repetitive like before, they pull off quick reflex saves and get down and across their goal very quick indeed. The animation and graphics are really impressive, the Chelsea yellow away shirt really looks good and the players faces are excellent.

I can't say much more but it felt very good, looked good and I'm looking forward to playing more.

Downloading the PC demo atm, at 70% currently.

So, I can't get the demo to run properly on my laptop. I really hope it's just the same story as the past 2 years when the demo wouldn't really work for me, too, and not anything to do with the new engine etc otherwise this could turn out to be the first year I can't play a new FIFA.

Just for fun, I just checked whether my laptop should be able to run FIFA 14 and NBA 2k14 or not, and both should be unplayable with my laptop. For some reason though, I got both games running while using the highest settings...

Loving the demo so far. Fluid passing, easy to build up from the back. Players make better runs. With Chelsea I play a 4-2-2-2 with Costa and Drogba upfront, which is great as when you drag one defender out your players will target this space to make a run into, getting you clear on goal.

Costa and Drogba are brilliant upfront for me. Both scoring and providing.