What to do with the loanee's?

Tomo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great read Tomo :clap:

I have to admit, there are a couple up there that I had forgotten about :lol: . I agree with your verdict on most, except De Bruyne, who I think should be playing with the first team next year because I believe he has the quality to do so. I also think that Ben Ayoun's time at Chelsea is well and truly over, we made a huge mistake by signing him, then another by loaning him to Arsenal; He will probably be released from his contract.

Bruma I'm not sure about, on one hand I want him to stay at Hamburg to gain more confidence and on the other, we could use another CB here next season as back up if JT gets a lengthy ban.

Wouldn't say signing Benayoun was a mistake, he's an experienced midfielder who is useful on the pitch and a good squad player to have at your disposal, kind of like that South Korean fellow at Man Utd,....but we failed to use him properly.

Excellent thread Tomo, my thoughts on these players:

Matej Delac - A very strange one this one, very highly thought of but we have massively struggled to find the right place to put him to develop for the last couple of seasons and it might have done enough to decide for us to let him move on, with the emergence of Courtois and Blackman being very highly thought of and playing very well, i think there is a chance he could find a new home for good in the summer. At the very least we need to find him somewhere he will play games.

Thibaut Cortouis - Easy! Leave him at Atletico, fantastic experience for him there, we could not find a better place to let him develop. Pointless bringing him in as a back up to Cech at the moment, one more year at least for him.

Rhys Taylor - Agree with your verdict Tomo, down the pecking order, hasn't pushed on enough and will surely be moved on in the summer.

Sam Walker - I like Sam Walker, very good keeper. Will need to move up a level with his next loan, not easy to do with keepers but that is what he needs. Courtois and Blackman both probably better than him but he is doing all the right things at the moment, lets see if he can cope with a higher level.

Tomas Kalas - Again stay where he is, he is getting great experience and playing on a regular basis, which is the MOST important thing with a loan spell. Let him mature another season and take another look at him then....

Ben Gordon - For me never looked up to the standard and have been suprised to see him stick around as long as he has. Would imagine all parties would be interested in a deal that would see him move to Kilmarnock permanantly. It would be the best thing to do. Never going to do anything for Chelsea.

Milan Lalkovic - An example of the flaws with the loan system. Been to 2 clubs now that have not given him the game time he deserves. Can be a top winger but we are in danger of stifling that talent. Lets see what happens with the new U21's league, might be best to keep him within the club if the standard in good enough! If not just somewhere he will get the game time. Don't want to see him wasted.

Ulises Davilla - Went to Vitesse to settle to life in Europe and seems to have done a decent job. I am sure the aim is to keep him there (this is why we have this Vitesse link) and see if he can push into their first team.

Gael Kakuta - Finally got the loan he has needed. Given the lack of game time he has has the last couple of seasons personally i would give him another year in France on loan and let him mature even more actually playing games. Then let him come back, it is too soon for him IMO to try and make a push for our first team. More games for him first.

Jeffrey Bruma - A few stories of things not going so well for him in Hamburg so i would not be suprised if he came back and then went elsewhere. For sure he needs to play more games at a good standard so it will be another loan move for him.

Kevin De Bruyne - The story is that he will go on loan again next season, but that was with AVB in charge and before some hugely impressive performances playing in the middle of the park recently. I say bring him in, we need his type of player in our squad and we have him available, we would only buy someone who will restrict his chances the following year anyway....

Patrick Van Aanholt - He will surely have another loan, but it needs to be the right one where he can spend the season. He needs to follow in Bertrands footsteps, pay his dues at other clubs, get plenty of experience and then try and challenge for a spot in our first team. Another loan for Patrick. Don't agree that he could be useful in attack, quick with good ability but no-where near the technical ability to be able to do that in the Premier League like Bale has done.

Josh McEachran - The loan to Swansea has been a little dissapointing for sure. Again i think it will depend of what we see from the U21's league and what it will bring. For his first loan to be in the Premiership was probably a little over ambitious and in hindsight a mistake. Either a loan where he WILL play or stay.

Yossi Benayoun - No doubt he will move on in the summer, we need to move on and he will not be part of that.

A couple of points on the whole loan system, on the whole it does NOT benefit players, a few will benefit from it but not enough. The deal we have with Vitesse could prove to be very important for us and some of our better prospects to play in the dutch league.

There should've never been any hype over Davila, people just got excited because they thought he was the 'next Hernandez' lmao.

Good post. I think we should sell the keepers, keep Courtois and Walker. Eventually sell Walker and allow Jamal to take his place as back up goal keeper.

Ben Gordon should be sold, behind Bertrand and Van Aanholt I don't see anything being done for him.

Wouldn't say signing Benayoun was a mistake, he's an experienced midfielder who is useful on the pitch and a good squad player to have at your disposal, kind of like that South Korean fellow at Man Utd,....but we failed to use him properly.

At 30 years of age, he was a good signing for a newly promoted or a mid-table team looking to add some expirience to their side, not a side who had just won the double and looking to add more trophies.

Thibaut Cortouis - Easy! Leave him at Atletico, fantastic experience for him there, we could not find a better place to let him develop. Pointless bringing him in as a back up to Cech at the moment, one more year at least for him.

If a premier league club, say West Brom, offer a loan deal for Courtois, wouldn't it be better if he got some Premship experience (look at hart,)

There should've never been any hype over Davila, people just got excited because they thought he was the 'next Hernandez' lmao.

Good post. I think we should sell the keepers, keep Courtois and Walker. Eventually sell Walker and allow Jamal to take his place as back up goal keeper.

Ben Gordon should be sold, behind Bertrand and Van Aanholt I don't see anything being done for him.

I think the only reason we got him is because United got Hernandez from Chivas.

And since our clueless club can't scout for themselves, they rather follow another club into uncharted territory and see if lighting strikes twice.

And since our clueless club can't scout for themselves, they rather follow another club into uncharted territory and see if lighting strikes twice.

the scouting system is not useless or anything. scouts like guy hillion and piet de vissier(spell check) are good scouts. its the way the club go about the transfers. look at the kdb transfer, avb did not particularly want to sign kdb but was forced to because of "club policy". that is where we are getting it wrong. the manager should get free control over signing players. he will have the best idea on how to incorporate players in to the team.

Well I don't actually believe the club used that logic, It's my belief that the fans interpreted it like that.

the scouting system is not useless or anything. scouts like guy hillion and piet de vissier(spell check) are good scouts.

Considering De Vissier's age he is more likely to be one of Roman's many advisors (see the Jewish scout whose name I could never memorize). Additionally, the fall out with De Vissier's recommendation Frank Arnesen may have weaken his say in the matters of the club.

Guy Hillion has afaik already left the club and while I don't share Justin's simplistic view on our scouting department the fact that we have lost/sacked at least half a dozen head scouts since 2010 and have had no known replacements is one that is at the very least alarming.

In fact, the man who according to what we to know, leads our scouts at the moment is the much maligned Michael Emenalo.

Considering De Vissier's age he is more likely to be one of Roman's many advisors (see the Jewish scout whose name I could never memorize). Additionally, the fall out with De Vissier's recommendation Frank Arnesen may have weaken his say in the matters of the club.

Guy Hillion has afaik already left the club and while I don't share Justin's simplistic view on our scouting department the fact that we have lost/sacked at least half a dozen head scouts since 2010 and have had no known replacements is one that is at the very least alarming.

In fact, the man who according to what we to know, leads our scouts at the moment is the much maligned Michael Emenalo.

i'd like to know, is emenalo in charge of the "club policy" decisions? if he is, :rant:

Why the: :rant:

I will never, ever, understand why people detest Emenalo.

i said IF he is behind the club policy decisions that have been bypassing the manager over the last year. although now that i think abt it, i think u are being sarcastic :yes:

i said IF he is behind the club policy decisions that have been bypassing the manager over the last year. although now that i think abt it, i think u are being sarcastic :yes:

Oh fair enough, nah I wasn't. I thought it was the standard knee jerk reaction to fans hearing Elemano's name tbh lol

Oh fair enough, nah I wasn't. I thought it was the standard knee jerk reaction to fans hearing Elemano's name tbh lol

like i know what's really happening at stamford bridge but he definitely is in abramovich's good books

Why the: :rant:

I will never, ever, understand why people detest Emenalo.

A certain skepticism is warranted or even expected as with anyone working in the backroom who has not actively pursued to enhance his image through the media *cough*Arnesen*cough*. However I don't see someone like Mike Forde or even Tenenbaum being slatted anywhere near as much as the Gourlay-Buck-Emenalo trio so I have to assume they're paying the price for being for whatever reason the popular names.

No need to mention how pathetic embarrassments to journalism like this evidently affect and form the opinion of those easier to influence. This year's anti-luiz and anti-avb articles are testimony to that.

It's a shame too as the man appears quite intelligent from the few interviews I've seen.