What to do with the loanee's?

Tomo

We have many players currently out on loan from the club right now, the big question is what do we do with all these players when they make their return to Cobham in the summer?

Matej Delac

He was one of the hottest goalkeeping prospect's when we signed him back in 2009, but 2 loan spells at Vittesse and Dynamo Ceske Budejovice has got him 1 appearance in both spells.

Verdict: Try and find him an English club in League 1 or 2, with any luck he may end up having the impact Arsenal goalkeeper Szcezsny (however you spell him) had for Brentford in 2009/2010.

Thibaut Courtois

Producing sensational display's between the sticks for Athletico Madrid and has had some pretty decent exposure in the Europa League.

He is looking like more of a bargain at £9m with every passing week. If we decided to cash in on this summer we would double our money at worst.

Verdict: Let him stay at Athletico for next season especially if they get CL football as it will boost his development no end, after that we should look at option's at other Premier League clubs because if De Gea is anything to go by, he might take a while to adapt.

Rhys Taylor

Currently at Rotherham United after a loan spell with Crewe last season, he has done ok but there are far too many goalkeepers above him in the pecking order and at 22, if he was going to break through he would have done so by now.

Verdict: Sell him at the end of the season.

Sam Walker

Enjoyed loan spells at Barnet in League 2 last season before making another loan move in the same Division to Northampton in July. Chelsea recalled him after Aidy Boothroyd signed a new number 1 goalie and since January has been on loan to Yeovil Town in league 1, making 18 appearances.

He signed a new contract until 2014 recently however so he will be sticking around for the near future.

Verdict: Try and get him a loan in a higher League 1 team or even better a Championship team, important he keeps progressing.

Tomas Kalas

The real success story of our loans, Vittesse had one of the worst defensive record's last season and Kalas's presence alone transformed them into one of the best in the Dutch League.

They conceded 8 goals the 2 games prior to Kalas's arrival and conceded that many for the next 4 months.

Verdict: See if a loan in a higher standard league is available (French or Portuguese maybe). Make no mistake this guy is a talent and if he doesn't make it, no one will.

Ben Gordon

Now at Kilmarnock for a second loan spell up there after a disastrous spell with Peterborough and has played 12 games for the Scottish Club.

At this moment he doesn't look like he has a future t Chelsea, but the same was said about Ryan Bertrand at the same age, 2 years on he produced a MOTM display at The Emirates so we can never say never.

Verdict: Another loan in the SPL or Championship is the best the young lad's likely to be offered, hopefully it can be a season loan where he is playing consistently as the loan to Reading was the making of Ryan.

Milan Lalkovic

A decent spell at Doncaster was followed by a disastrous spell at ADO Den Haag where the Dutch club terminated the loan after deeming him surplus to requirements after a mere 2 appearances.

He is no doubt a very talented footballer but this recent loan will have set him back in confidence and development.

Verdict: Paulo Di Canio expressed an interest in bringing him to Swindon last summer, in hindsight it is the best thing that could have happened to him, hopefully he will show an interest in the lad again this summer.

Ulises Davilla

There was quite a bit of hype for the lad when we signed him this summer only to loan him straight out to Vittesse.

Unlike Kalas he has been struggling to get into the team and has been alternating between being an un used sub and playing for the reserves for most of the season.

Verdict: He has been getting better in the reserves, keep him there if they will have him and hope he can break into their first team.

Gael Kakuta

Despite impressing on the rare chances he was given at Fulham and Bolton by Hughes and Coyle respectively he was never given a fair crack at the whip in either loan spell in England.

Back in his home country playing for Dijon he has impressed when given regular playing time and showing the potential that every Blues fan know he has.

Verdict: He's 21 this year, enough loan spells, time to bring him back into our squad this summer and make him back up/competition to Mata, it's sink and swim time for the lad now.

Jeffrey Bruma

After a poor spell with Leicester and a nervous start at Hamburg, he really came into his own mid season with a string off impressive performances.

He has a 2 year loan at Hamburg so a return in the summer look's unlikely although we do have the option to end the loan this summer. A lot were sold to Hamburg from our youth academy however and the fact Bruma was only loaned show's that the club do have plans for him.

Verdict: He is settled and playing well with Hamburg, no need to bring him back this summer.

Kevin De Bruyne

Signed in January after helping Genk win a historic title the previous season but got loaned back to the Belgium club almost immediately. A hot prospect that Chelsea have been after for some time.

Verdict: Let him carry on at Genk for another season or another team in Europe.

Patrick Van Aanholt

After a disappointing spell at Leicester where Foxes fans were particularly critical of his defending, Roberto Martinez brought him on loan to Wigan and after playing him for a few games all off a sudden froze him out of the first team picture all together, meaning his season long loan was terminated in January.

In January he joined Kalas and Davilla on loan at Vittesse and just like at Wigan, played at the start but lately has found himself out of matchday squad's.

Verdict: Managers don't seem to be fond of the defensive side of the game, which is why i think it can't do any harm trying to turn him into a left winger considering his fantastic attacking abilities not to mention his goal threat.

Bring him back in the summer and give him some game time in that position and see what happens, you never know he might just 'do a Bale'.

Josh McEachran

When he got loaned to Swansea i think every Chelsea fan was full of hope. Brendan Rogers his youth coach, Swansea's style of play, this would be the making of him.

The complete opposite has happened however, he has only made 2 start's (1 in the premier league) and lately hasn't even found himself coming off the bench.

Verdict: Can't risk a failed loan again, so unless some team come's along that can guarantee him regular playing time, keep him here and give him 10-15 appearances. Despite the Swansea nightmare, at 19, time is still on his side.

Yossi Benayoun

Ending with the only loan player that can't be deemed a 'youngster', the loan decision in the first place was baffling, he can offer creativity, something our side hardly have in abundance and Arsenal are not only competitive rival's with Chelsea but local aswell.

Verdict: With a likely overhaul of past their peak first teamers coming this summer, we need to keep as many squad players as we can, and he is a very good one that could come in very handy.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few comments:

Delac couldn't get a work permit so couldn't play in England. I doubt he'll be able to get one this summer either. Either Walker or Taylor will be allowed to leave i'd imagine.

Can't see us keeping Yossi. Reckon he will be offered to Arsenal permanently and then if they refuse, he'll be off elsewhere.

Biggest disappointment, for me, is Van Aanholt, thought he was brilliant every time I saw him play. Don't agree with converting him to a winger though. Desperately needs a chance to show what he can do.

Would bring back McEachran and Kakuta, leaving KdB, Kalas, Bruma and Courtois out on loan for another season.

Can Kalas play as RB? If so he needs to be considered for RB. Paulo would be a good mentor for RB and Cech would probably be the 'Father Figure' for the first few months in England.

What can go wrong? He lets in a few goals? He is an absolute rock at Vitesse, so I doubt that would happen.

Biggest disappointment, for me, is Van Aanholt, thought he was brilliant every time I saw him play. Don't agree with converting him to a winger though. Desperately needs a chance to show what he can do.

The problem is with Cole showing no sign's of serious decline and Ryan coming on leaps and bounds he is unlikely to be getting chances at left back, let alone be first choice in the near future.

first of all,Tomo-91 - :clap:

But i donot agree with KDB, Bruma and Courtois. KDB should definitely stay here. his passing and vision is top drawer and he could be the next damien duff.

Bruma could provide decent cover to our defence because quite frankly, we have only 3 proper CB's right now. Bruma should be in the squad and maybe Chalobah should get a loan deal for experience. Bruma or Kalas or maybe even both should be retained because our defence is stretched as it is. no need of going out and buyin a CB then.

As for Courtois - Cech is good enough for now but Courtois needs to go out on loan in England, not back to Atletico. There were reports that Chelsea were looking to loan him out to an English club (West Brom, Qpr were interested) and I think he could have a season like Hart had at Birmingham that really puts him on the map in england

As for Courtois - Cech is good enough for now but Courtois needs to go out on loan in England, not back to Atletico. There were reports that Chelsea were looking to loan him out to an English club (West Brom, Qpr were interested) and I think he could have a season like Hart had at Birmingham that really puts him on the map in england

He is fine there. He is gaining some european experience.

He is fine there. He is gaining some european experience.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1022376/chelsea-goalkeeper-thibaut-courtois-hopes-for-premier-league-loan?cc=4716

and quite frankly i agree with him. in spain, its mainly shot-stopping but here he will get to deal with teams like stoke city, norwich who play a physical game. also he will get the confidence to play no.1 for chelsea. that was missing in de gea's case. another loan to atletico wouldn't be bad but a premship loan would be a gold mine of a learning curve

first of all,Tomo-91 - :clap:

But i donot agree with KDB, Bruma and Courtois. KDB should definitely stay here. his passing and vision is top drawer and he could be the next damien duff.

Bruma could provide decent cover to our defence because quite frankly, we have only 3 proper CB's right now. Bruma should be in the squad and maybe Chalobah should get a loan deal for experience. Bruma or Kalas or maybe even both should be retained because our defence is stretched as it is. no need of going out and buyin a CB then.

Courtois is fine at Atletico, he's enjoying his football and he is pretty much established as their #1 keeper. If an EPL club wants to sign him on loan with guaranteed playing time, so be it...i doubt Chelsea would loan him to Qpr after the whole Terry-Ferdinand thing.

Courtois is fine at Atletico, he's enjoying his football and he is pretty much established as their #1 keeper. If an EPL club wants to sign him on loan with guaranteed playing time, so be it...i doubt Chelsea would loan him to Qpr after the whole Terry-Ferdinand thing.

yeah. QPR may not even be in the Premier League to be considered :D

Great read Tomo :clap:

I have to admit, there are a couple up there that I had forgotten about :lol: . I agree with your verdict on most, except De Bruyne, who I think should be playing with the first team next year because I believe he has the quality to do so. I also think that Ben Ayoun's time at Chelsea is well and truly over, we made a huge mistake by signing him, then another by loaning him to Arsenal; He will probably be released from his contract.

Bruma I'm not sure about, on one hand I want him to stay at Hamburg to gain more confidence and on the other, we could use another CB here next season as back up if JT gets a lengthy ban.